Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Hiring George Paton as GM

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis
    ·
    36m
    Said Stark: "I really appreciated John reaching out like that. He was very complimentary and it was a good conversation. I was thankful he gave me the opportunity to get in front of him.'' #9sports

Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis
    ·
    45m
    Before the news hit, John Elway called the other finalists -- Saints' Terry Fontenot (who was runner-up choice), Bears' Champ Kelly, Broncos' own Brian Stark -- to thank them, compliment them and inform them they were going with Paton. #9sports

Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis
    ·
    1h
    All Broncos who came in contact with George Paton during day- and evening-long interview process yesterday started the day with POC COVID tests as did Paton. The tour, meetings and meet-and-greets were masked up at a social distance. #9sports

Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis
    ·
    1h
    Elway told 9News that Paton’s first order of business would be to interview personnel currently working for Broncos. #9sports

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Elway told 9News that Paton’s first order of business would be to interview personnel currently working for Broncos. #9sports
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis
    Dinner order at Elway’s Cherry Creek last night:
    Paton: steak
    Elway: steak
    Smyth: steak
    Fangio: burger
    Hey my son Johnny has said the Elway burger is the best he’s ever had. #9sports

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

5. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Mike Klis
    @MikeKlis
    Dinner order at Elway’s Cherry Creek last night:
    Paton: steak
    Elway: steak
    Smyth: steak
    Fangio: burger
    Hey my son Johnny has said the Elway burger is the best he’s ever had. #9sports
    Fangio - "Hey you guys got any chicken tenders?"

7. The Following 7 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I'd like to know how he got his steak cooked before I decide whether or not this is a good hire.

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I liked Fontenot. None of this is bad, though, Denver needs a guy who was a scout. Paton has all the bonafides. Not overly impressed with how the Vikings developed defensively the last few years though.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I'd like to know how he got his steak cooked before I decide whether or not this is a good hire.
    This is where I am at too

15. The Following User High Fived PatriotsGuy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

https://www.elways.com/cherry-creek-...-creek-dinner/

This appears to be the only burger on the menu.

SMASH BURGER* 19.5
    Yellow cheddar cheese, toasted brioche bun, French fries

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Not totally sure how they calculate all this, but according to this chart (3rd one down) the Vikings have been the second best drafting team over the last 5 years behind KC.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...ency-2010-2019

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Not totally sure how they calculate all this, but according to this chart (3rd one down) the Vikings have been the second best drafting team over the last 5 years behind KC.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/st...ency-2010-2019
    Appears to be a multiplier of two numbers, draft chart number x Career AV, comparing that number to the average AV of someone selected in that position, or expected AV. I don’t know if Outsider and Pro-Reference use the same AV, but it would be similar. It’s interesting, at least.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Appears to be a multiplier of two numbers, draft chart number x Career AV, comparing that number to the average AV of someone selected in that position, or expected AV. I don’t know if Outsider and Pro-Reference use the same AV, but it would be similar. It’s interesting, at least.
    And that just goes to 2019 so didn't even count the Jefferson pick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

And that just goes to 2019 so didn't even count the Jefferson pick.
    There’s a second section for return, I’d have to look a whole lot deeper at this. Would be curious what Hawg could decipher. I’m not sure a number like that would see significant movement from one player who’s only played one season, though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    There’s a second section for return, I’d have to look a whole lot deeper at this. Would be curious what Hawg could decipher. I’m not sure a number like that would see significant movement from one player who’s only played one season, though.
    Also is interesting to see us so low despite the general thought that our last few drafts have been good.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Also is interesting to see us so low despite the general thought that our last few drafts have been good.
    That’s what I mean, though. I think it’s a number designed not to move that quickly, so you’re not going to see full return from a draft class until five or six years down the road.

24. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information