Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bolles 2nd Team All-Pro

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    That dip seems within a reasonable margin of those other totals you posted.
    I'd be surprised if it wasn't a significant statistical aberration. A 12% or so drop across the league seems big. You'd have to get all the data but I'm not in the mood.

Of course, every so often they tweak the rules and how the game is officiated, so it's not unusual for totals to jump from year to year.

If you ask me, it looks like decent evidence to support the idea that a lot of discretion is being used when calling holding.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'd be surprised if it wasn't a significant statistical aberration. A 12% or so drop across the league seems big. You'd have to get all the data but I'm not in the mood.

Of course, every so often they tweak the rules and how the game is officiated, so it's not unusual for totals to jump from year to year.

If you ask me, it looks like decent evidence to support the idea that a lot of discretion is being used when calling holding.
    It's only about a 4% dip from 2015, so from that perspective it doesn't feel too alarming. If it keeps going down year over year it might be cause for concern, but for now I'm not too worried about it. Especially with all the other factors that impacted this season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    It's only about a 4% dip from 2015, so from that perspective it doesn't feel too alarming. If it keeps going down year over year it might be cause for concern, but for now I'm not too worried about it. Especially with all the other factors that impacted this season.
    I agree with you. I focused more on the year to year change, which seems more indicative of trend items and league emphasis. But I wanted to look at 2015 specifically because edge rushers were crucial in the league championship game.

I'd expect some ... ah hell with it. Damn you Wave.

2017 - 1195
    2016 - 1118
    2015 - 1187
    2014 - 1212
    2013 - 1295
    2012 - 1169
    2011 - 1188

Ok, you are right Wave. It seems to center closer to 1175/yr. The only other interesting jump was 2012 to 2013 when sacks went up by 130 (and the Seattle-style defense was effective).

Seems like they called a lot less holds this year, but the results are still within what you might call normal.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

On the other hand, they really seemed to focus in on the defensive backfield. There were more illegal contact, defensive holding, and PI calls than you can shake a stick at. At least it seemed like that to me. Hmmm, less offensive holding, more defensive penalties that favor the passing game... conspiracy!!!!

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

7. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    On the other hand, they really seemed to focus in on the defensive backfield. There were more illegal contact, defensive holding, and PI calls than you can shake a stick at. At least it seemed like that to me. Hmmm, less offensive holding, more defensive penalties that favor the passing game... conspiracy!!!!
    You got me curious so I pulled the numbers. Looks like passing game yards peaked in 2015 and have been level/high since then. This last five years follows a 15-year trend of (more or less) steady increase in annual passing yards each new year (from 110,000 to 120,000 yards passing).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chart of chartness.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	54.7 KB 
ID:	18204

9. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Geeks rule.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Geeks rule.
    So does Bolles!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Sell high!
    buy low!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Thanks munch!

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Broncos’ Garrett Bolles Trolls Himself With Valentine’s Day Post

DENVER (CBS4) – Garrett Bolles’ has all but shed his reputation as the most hold-prone offensive lineman in the NFL. That doesn’t prevent him from taking a shot at his social media haters.

Bolles was tied for second in 2019 on the list of lineman tagged for holding. Broncos Country held its collective breath at the sight of laundry on the field, and collectively groaned when Number 72 was called for holding.

Fast-forward to 2020 when the Broncos’ front office opted not to exercise the fifth-year option on his contract. Bolles shaped up and finished 2020 as Pro Football Focus’ third-highest rated offensive tackle. He was named second-team All-Pro even though he missed out on the Pro Bowl.
    rest - https://denver.cbslocal.com/2021/02/...alentines-day/

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

16. The Following 5 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Not how you start, but how you finish.

18. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    Thanks munch!
    it's almost as though reps, experience, and coaching can help a player improve. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Not how you start, but how you finish.
    and in fairness, bolles DID stand up on the world stage on draft day, and tell everyone that he had a learning disability. . . i do hope the donkeys brass was aware, unlike darius watts' claw hand. . . but he had the other attributes, which finally showed up this year. . . local scuttlebutt has it that he responded to coaching for the first time because munchak was able to earn his trust. . .
    Last edited by dogfish; 02-16-2021 at 12:31 AM.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

LOL @ his Valentine's tweet:

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

An offense on the road has a major disadvantage because of crowd noise. I wonder if this year that made a difference with the empty stadiums.
    Do you think eight games where you can hear the QB makes a difference?
    Some of those that work forces
    Are the same that burn crosses

24. The Following User High Fived Softskull For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information