Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The future of this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Thats the thing though most of the people in P&R seem want that kind of flexibility with their discussions/flaming so im surprised that the mods/Davii continue to try and keep rules applied to it.
    I don't think it is. Most, not all, of the people that say "close it down or don't moderate it" don't spend a lot of time posting in it. I think we all get frustrated and feel there are potshots at us, so we return fire (sometimes, that's delusional, and we threw the first punch). I actually think most posters in there would much prefer it being tightly modded vs free for all. At least I feel that way.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I don't think it is. Most, not all, of the people that say "close it down or don't moderate it" don't spend a lot of time posting in it. I think we all get frustrated and feel there are potshots at us, so we return fire (sometimes, that's delusional, and we threw the first punch). I actually think most posters in there would much prefer it being tightly modded vs free for all. At least I feel that way.

Well the good news is the "new way" will ban both people involved and put aside any "favoritism" notions. I like that mods are just going to cut to the chase and not waste time with it. It was long overdue in there.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Well the good news is the "new way" will ban both people involved and put aside any "favoritism" notions. I like that mods are just going to cut to the chase and not waste time with it. It was long overdue in there.
    Agreed. As it should be.

5. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I can't follow these rules. I'm too much of a rebel and too much of a hothead. Anarchy!
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    I can't follow these rules. I'm too much of a rebel and too much of a hothead. Anarchy!
    ♪ ♫ My Daddy played poker on a stump in the woods back in his younger days ♩ ♬
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Unsure I have a lot of commentary after reading Davii's post a couple times - the challenge actually enforcing rules in practice were of course noted in many of the comments of others in the other Town Hall thread a few days ago.

That said, I think if someone had joined the forum 2 weeks ago - with no water under the bridge or experience with the forum in the past - and saw these rules they would likely think they were reasonable.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 01-08-2021 at 06:41 PM.

11. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    What if my middle name is Richard?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Since there have been no huge disagreements or other ideas introduced, this is now going to begin starting today.

From this point forward, any derogatory comments aimed at a poster, or a group with which our members are a party of (ie. Dems/Reps are all idiots), will result in loss of privileges. P&R ban for a week on first offense, full board for increasing length every infraction thereafter.

It is currently 12:30pm Mountain, Saturday, January 9th.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

18. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post

Can't believe I stayed up til 5am and slept till 1:30 and lost my chance to get in on the last round of mud slinging and barely-clever personal jabs before the new rules went into effect. ****!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Since there have been no huge disagreements or other ideas introduced, this is now going to begin starting today.

From this point forward, any derogatory comments aimed at a poster, or a group with which our members are a party of (ie. Dems/Reps are all idiots), will result in loss of privileges. P&R ban for a week on first offense, full board for increasing length every infraction thereafter.

It is currently 12:30pm Mountain, Saturday, January 9th.
    Does that include my profession?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Does that include my profession?
    No.

Report comments that you feel attack your personal job, journalism by itself can't be off limits because of the role it as a whole plays in politics. But if a comment feels like a personal attack, report it and we will discuss and moderate if it does.

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information