Page 46 of 105 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast

Thread: Watson apparently not happy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Yes they could. I keep telling you why they will not. Its right here below for your reference. 1 way or another Houston will need a new QB for next year. Benched watson or traded. They have no 1sts or 2nds. They cannot draft a QB to start. So Free Agency. Maybe they get an Alex Smiff or someone. Cool. None are better than Watson was last year. So they will have another 4 win season. Probably worse actually. Especially when there is no good QB. No QB to score like Watson did. When they have no high picks to replace talent with. Then there is the salary cap thing- I do not know where they are at, but throwing money around wont work either....
    They also lost the biggest and best leader on the team in Watt. Even WITH Watt on the roster, the locker room was still a mess. Imagine what it'll be like now without Watt, with Watson either traded or hanging out on a beach somewhere. That team is not going anywhere.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    they could, but why would they? talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. . . they're a two billion dollar corporation, not a child on tiktok. . .

and literally nothing to gain. . .
    Yeah I’m sure them being a billion dollar cooperation means anything when it comes to petty. You don’t think there are petty billionaires then your tripping

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    His threat changes nothing. He loses all money if he sits. Houston retains his rights AND adds a year to the end of his deal. They don't have to do anything. I say call his bluff
    Yeah call the bluff pay 16 mil to a QB for nothing while he drinks on a beach and your franchise racks up losses and you lose fans even more while also trying to recoup loses from COVID the year prior. All this while still needing a QB to run your team at even a basic level.....While also having a supremely f'ed cap situation making bargain bin FA's your only option if that and no premium draft picks for the next 2 years. Great plan......Your fan base will run you out of town....Then when you realized you f'ed up and want to trade him the following year cause he still wont play for you....your staring at 40 mil on the books from contract perspective and have even less leverage then you had after the draft the previous year.

There dumb. Trade now and they get a great haul. Trade draft day it will still be good and they will get a shot at a QB, trade after the draft and everyone will laugh at how cheap Watson was obtained for. This is happening. Watson called their bluff and already stated he has no desire to play for them even at a financial loss......
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

That’s all fine and dandy and what you think will happen, let’s say they have a couple more down years since they literally just had one with Watson but the way, the fans will be right back once they put some talent on the field bro your acting like there gone forever lol. The broncos fans did the exact same thing, same type of bandwagon fan who will pack the stadium if we’re good and have thousands of seats empty or sold to the opposing team.... and be right back once we start winning again so it’s not the end of the world if Houston loses a few dollars behind this situation.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Yeah call the bluff pay 16 mil to a QB for nothing while he drinks on a beach and your franchise racks up losses and you lose fans even more while also trying to recoup loses from COVID the year prior. All this while still needing a QB to run your team at even a basic level.....While also having a supremely f'ed cap situation making bargain bin FA's your only option if that and no premium draft picks for the next 2 years. Great plan......Your fan base will run you out of town....Then when you realized you f'ed up and want to trade him the following year cause he still wont play for you....your staring at 40 mil on the books from contract perspective and have even less leverage then you had after the draft the previous year.

There dumb. Trade now and they get a great haul. Trade draft day it will still be good and they will get a shot at a QB, trade after the draft and everyone will laugh at how cheap Watson was obtained for. This is happening. Watson called their bluff and already stated he has no desire to play for them even at a financial loss......
    *They're
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    *They're
    That's the only typo you found in that post? Go ahead and do one of the Jeudy/Hamler guy's posts.

9. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    That's the only typo you found in that post? Go ahead and do one of the Jeudy/Hamler guy's posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Yeah, there's really no correcting that level of suck.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Houston fans are conditioned to get ****** in the ass - in every sport. Heck, fans burned David Carr in effigy for losing on an expansion team with no offensive line - at his house, in front of his family.

But if the team wins, all is forgiven.

If you want to be a frontrunner, go be a Cowboys fan. Their games are on Houston tv more often. Houston fans are conditioned to suffer indignity.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    *They're
    yep still don't care about that on a message board lol
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post

They will get a great haul for Watson any time between now and draft day. To maximize their haul, they need to make this as painful as Watson as possible so that he will accept a trade anywhere, not just to his initially desired teams. Then, they can start to leverage the Jets against the Dolphins and run up an even more killer deal. The problem for the Texans becomes their own QB situation. Do they go after a guy like Trubisky or Fitzpatrick in free agency in case they intend to make Watson play for them or sit out? That's where things become murky.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Their backup now is A.J. McCarron, fwiw. Fitzpatrick played for them a few years ago which is a good bad/thing, probably bad considering the way the Chiefs turned him into beard stew the last time he had a playoff start. But they *could* sign a guy like Andy Dalton who could probably play for cheap there (local kid) and is a plausible starting QB in the league but can also ride the pines as he did in Dallas. I don't think that will have any effect on Watson unless the new front office REALLY wants to play hardball with him.

The Texans won't trade him to the Jags (who would be stupid not to draft Lawrence) while the Jets and Fins already have two first-rounders and sit at #2 and #3, so there's not going to be a better offer than the one either the Jets or Miami put together and it could be crafted where either of the two clubs can make the deal and still keep their lower first-rounder. If they did that, it would STILL be more enticing than what the Panthers could do at #8, the Broncos could do at #9 or the Niners could do at #12. What a smart GM would do (debatable since this is the Oilers), would be to get Carolina, Denver or SF to make an unreal offer for Watson just so it forces the Jets and/or Dolphins to up the ante. That would be the best possible scenario. I just don't see Watson going anywhere but the AFC East. Sorry, Lock-haters.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Their backup now is A.J. McCarron, fwiw. Fitzpatrick played for them a few years ago which is a good bad/thing, probably bad considering the way the Chiefs turned him into beard stew the last time he had a playoff start. But they *could* sign a guy like Andy Dalton who could probably play for cheap there (local kid) and is a plausible starting QB in the league but can also ride the pines as he did in Dallas. I don't think that will have any effect on Watson unless the new front office REALLY wants to play hardball with him.

The Texans won't trade him to the Jags (who would be stupid not to draft Lawrence) while the Jets and Fins already have two first-rounders and sit at #2 and #3, so there's not going to be a better offer than the one either the Jets or Miami put together and it could be crafted where either of the two clubs can make the deal and still keep their lower first-rounder. If they did that, it would STILL be more enticing than what the Panthers could do at #8, the Broncos could do at #9 or the Niners could do at #12. What a smart GM would do (debatable since this is the Oilers), would be to get Carolina, Denver or SF to make an unreal offer for Watson just so it forces the Jets and/or Dolphins to up the ante. That would be the best possible scenario. I just don't see Watson going anywhere but the AFC East. Sorry, Lock-haters.
    How many times are you going to ignore the fact that Watson can veto any trade? If he doesn't want to go to Miami or NY then he won't be going either place.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    Yeah I’m sure them being a billion dollar cooperation means anything when it comes to petty. You don’t think there are petty billionaires then your tripping
    *you’re
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    With Jack Easterby seemingly running the show there now, I'm not putting any scenario outside the realm of possibility.
    How do Cheatriot employees keep getting jobs?
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information