Page 97 of 105 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1562

Thread: Watson apparently not happy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Tua is damaged goods at this point. If you don't flash in two years then you're a bust. He's a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Tua is damaged goods at this point. If you don't flash in two years then you're a bust. He's a bust.
    This makes absolutely no sense. 2 years or your a bust? Lmao this type of thinking will make you end up like the jets just recently and give away a legit starting quarterback. Because Sam darnold is obviously not a bust as he’s showing he can actually play for the panthers! You cannot tell me that the jets wouldn’t have been better off keeping Sam And trading back for more pick’s to add actual weapons around Sam.

Also didn’t Miami just get rid of a legit franchise quarterback in tennehill?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    You didn’t apply this logic to Josh Rosen
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Football reporters are just jerking off to the idea of their team trading for Deshaun on the cheap. Here's a few problems with that (not to mention the elephant in the room): 1) Watson is not in playing shape. He's done some running, that's all. 2) Any team that trades for him is going to need at least a month to get him ready physically as well as to learn the playbook. 3) The Texans would be Bill O'Brien-style stupid to trade him now because any draft picks they receive, they won't know where the pick will be rather than wait until next February/March when they'll *know* who's 2022 pick is better. 4) If the Texans are embracing the suck for this year, why make any deal that might make them better (i.e. trade for a QB)? 5) During the season, any team taking on Watson's contract will be a guaranteed cap-buster. Heck, the Saints had to get Houston to renegotiate Bradley Roby's contract just to fit him under their cap. Think finding $30 million in cap space will be easy?

Chances < 5% a deal gets done during the season.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

7. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Football reporters are just jerking off to the idea of their team trading for Deshaun on the cheap. Here's a few problems with that (not to mention the elephant in the room): 1) Watson is not in playing shape. He's done some running, that's all. 2) Any team that trades for him is going to need at least a month to get him ready physically as well as to learn the playbook. 3) The Texans would be Bill O'Brien-style stupid to trade him now because any draft picks they receive, they won't know where the pick will be rather than wait until next February/March when they'll *know* who's 2022 pick is better. 4) If the Texans are embracing the suck for this year, why make any deal that might make them better (i.e. trade for a QB)? 5) During the season, any team taking on Watson's contract will be a guaranteed cap-buster. Heck, the Saints had to get Houston to renegotiate Bradley Roby's contract just to fit him under their cap. Think finding $30 million in cap space will be easy?

Chances < 5% a deal gets done during the season.
    One part of this that I think you over looked when talking about the draft picks is they do not have a say in the matter. Watson does. He still has his NTC. So they cant really do much about it. Now, Watson is probably willing to ditch it for any team so he can get the heck out of town, but maybe not. I wouldnt want to go to a shitty team. Miami has good weapons so theyd be alright, but other teams not so much.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Let the Watson sweepstakes begin...

10. The Following 5 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post

Let the Watson sweepstakes begin...
    This is the feeling I had the whole time. Its one reason why I did not like all the poeople using the "I thought he was innocent until 48 girls came forward".....Just my guess, but I am pretty sure he paid/tipped whatever it is you do with a special massage all of those girls and they all went home with deeper pockets. Not one of them had an issue until they heard about this and thought- hey maybe I can try and get more money out of him. I do not blame them either. Now again, that is not to say that is what happened. He certainly could have been rapey and if so then its a completely different topic. For now, from what we have seen, I think it is likely scenario A.

When the FBI gets involved. For extorsion against Watson.....That was telling imo.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    This is the feeling I had the whole time. Its one reason why I did not like all the poeople using the "I thought he was innocent until 48 girls came forward".....Just my guess, but I am pretty sure he paid/tipped whatever it is you do with a special massage all of those girls and they all went home with deeper pockets. Not one of them had an issue until they heard about this and thought- hey maybe I can try and get more money out of him. I do not blame them either. Now again, that is not to say that is what happened. He certainly could have been rapey and if so then its a completely different topic. For now, from what we have seen, I think it is likely scenario A.

When the FBI gets involved. For extorsion against Watson.....That was telling imo.
    I was skeptical the whole time as well. I still stick to my original theory that this was all drummed up by the billionaire scorned owner as retaliation for the trade demands and bad PR.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Given what we know now, the question needs to be asked, would you preferer Watson or Wilson? Assuming similar comp in a trade.

Someone should start a poll...

15. The Following User High Fived tubby For This Post:

Also deshaun Watson is cleared of criminal charges, only has to face the the civil suits which I never thought there was any criminal charges to be had against him. With him only facing the civil suits he can probably be traded because you know what your facing he’s either going to pay some money or he’s not instead of potential jail time or not

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I was skeptical the whole time as well. I still stick to my original theory that this was all drummed up by the billionaire scorned owner as retaliation for the trade demands and bad PR.
    Ha people said I was tripping when I was the very first person to come out with this on the whole
    Thing. The fact that the owner and team knew about this shit before it ever even came out was fishy. They are the ones who put the shit out in the open because he demanded a trade. And has some leverage being that he has a no trade clause so he has to want to go to a place verses the team just getting the best deal possible. Like the redskins offered more for Wilson but he didn’t want to go there.

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by tubby View Post
    Given what we know now, the question needs to be asked, would you preferer Watson or Wilson? Assuming similar comp in a trade.

Someone should start a poll...
    Really? Watson

20. The Following User High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Timing is everything. The pump was primed to get Rodgers, then Wilson, heck even Carson Wentz (pun intended), the draft class for QBs looks like crap and you now have a half-dozen teams in this league with no viable quarterback that are going to be bidding on Watson. If he'd been cleared last week, the offers wouldn't be as high as they will be now. Texans will first try the Eagles (3 #1s), then the New York teams (2 #1s) then Carolina (#6 overall). Seattle and Washington probably can't do a deal now so this then falls to Minnesota, New Orleans, Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay, although some have issues with cap space or draft assets.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information