Page 44 of 105 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 ... LastLast

Thread: Watson apparently not happy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I've lived in Texas most of my life and have watched many of Watson's games. He reminds me of Warren Moon with better wheels. Moon had a Hall of Fame career but he never sniffed a conference championship game even with one of the best offensive lines ever assembled in front of him and an amazing wealth of talented receivers. Moon (and most of the Oilers) just had that knack for the critical ****-up. Watch the second playoff loss in Denver and you could tell Elway was winning that game while the Oilers were trying not to choke. Watson will make highlight-reel plays but then throw the critical pick or make the critical fumble or one of his teammates will and lose the game. It seems every game last year except Pittsburgh they fell behind by two touchdowns, would get close then screw themselves and lose (and they screwed up against Pittsburgh too).

I don't buy in about mortgaging all it would take to acquire Watson and then think you're going back to the Super Bowl. You might go back to the playoffs and lose the first or second round. We'd be smarter to drag Phillip Rivers out of retirement and hold onto the draft picks if that's enough for your satisfaction.
    so by your standards, aaron rogers and drew brees wouldn't be worth acquiring, either. . . hey, at least you set the bar high!

hell, even elway was the guy who lost three super bowls, until he wasn't. . . this thread is quickly becoming more hilarious than the old "orton gives blood" masterpiece. . . nice work in here, fellas. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    It wasn't Watson that s remedies up hoof.
    Can someone turn on the UR translator?

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    so by your standards, aaron rogers and drew brees wouldn't be worth acquiring, either. . . hey, at least you set the bar high!

hell, even elway was the guy who lost three super bowls, until he wasn't. . . this thread is quickly becoming more hilarious than the old "orton gives blood" masterpiece. . . nice work in here, fellas. . .
    I was that guy for Halloween!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

6. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Houston's resident football Buddha speaks up:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/tex...e-15983247.php

Carolina, Denver and San Francisco reportedly also are in the mix, but those deals would make less sense for the Texans.
    Why trade for Teddy Bridgewater, Drew Lock or Jimmy Garoppolo and a pick in the 8-12 range when the Jets and Dolphins are both in the top three and also have a later first-round choice?
    McClain is pushing for five picks in either the first or second rounds plus the other team's starting QB and a defensive talent. He thinks the smart money is to push the Jets and Dolphins into a bidding war, particularly since they are both in the same division. Ironically, if that happens to be the Dolphins, the Oilers would be acquiring back the two draft choices they oversold to the Dolphins for Laremy Tunsil and Kenny Stills.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

WTF are you talking about? Rodgers and Brees both won Super Bowls. Really stupid examples unless you're under age ten. They have nothing left to prove.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

McClain is pushing for five picks in either the first or second rounds plus the other team's starting QB and a defensive talent. He thinks the smart money is to push the Jets and Dolphins into a bidding war, particularly since they are both in the same division. Ironically, if that happens to be the Dolphins, the Oilers would be acquiring back the two draft choices they oversold to the Dolphins for Laremy Tunsil and Kenny Stills.
    The issue is that Watson has a no trade clause. So while I agree the Jets and Dolphins have the most to offer, if he nixes those two then they are out of the running.

10. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

WTF are you talking about? Rodgers and Brees both won Super Bowls. Really stupid examples unless you're under age ten. They have nothing left to prove.
    they've also lost a lot of playoff games. . .

watson has played four seasons, and has won more playoff games than matt stafford has in twelve-- yet teams, including denver, were lining up to make big offers for that guy. . . if trading for watson and potentially going to the divisional round (your words) isn't good enough for you, then who do you think should be the broncos QB next year? are they going to engineer a trade for brady? if not, is it drew lock? trey lance? andy dalton, teddy bridgewater, tyrod taylor? how many conference championships have any of them been to?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

If Warren Moon is Watson's ceiling, I will take that all day for a chance to compete in a tough division for a decade.

The choice is being relevant or staying irrelevant.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

watson has played four seasons, and has won more playoff games than matt stafford has in twelve-- yet teams, including denver, were lining up to make big offers for that guy.
    Valid point.

who do you think should be the broncos QB next year? are they going to engineer a trade for brady? if not, is it drew lock? trey lance? andy dalton, teddy bridgewater, tyrod taylor?
    I would stay the course with Lock who has yet to have a real training camp as a pro. This way, at least, we can address issues with our first two draft picks this year and next which won't happen if we trade for Watson. Who was it that deflected Watson's losses by saying football is a team game yet how well is Watson going to play with no top draft picks three years in a row?

Valid point.

I would stay the course with Lock who has yet to have a real training camp as a pro. This way, at least, we can address issues with our first two draft picks this year and next which won't happen if we trade for Watson. Who was it that deflected Watson's losses by saying football is a team game yet how well is Watson going to play with no top draft picks three years in a row?
    He will play just fine dude.

We have first or 2nd round talent at:

TE x 2
    WR x 3
    LT, RT, RG, LG, (3rd rd at C)
    RB x2

Watson will play better then he ever has with this team.

On defense, our defense is better than it ever was with the texans when they were in the playoffs. We have good depth, we have a ton of cap space to sign FA and Fangio does not need high rd picks for positions like CB and S. We will be able to lure a few DL and LB in FA as well as 3rd rd picks. And honestly, if we do have watson on O. We should be easily averaging 30pts a game. He did 24 with the last ranked Run O in texans and shit WR and TE. He can get 1 more td with us easy. So if we are scoring 30pts per game- how many extra pieces do we HAVE TO HAVE JUST MUST HAVE to fill in on D to ensure we win.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

i don't hate that plan-- it's what i would prefer, if denver can't get watson. . . don't kid yourself, though-- QB is absolutely, hands down THE biggest issue that denver needs to address, and watson fills that hole with a major talent for years to come. . . we could easily spend our next three 1sts, and not get a QB anywhere near as good as he is. . .

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

Watson will play better then he ever has with this team.
    yep-- this is what i keep saying. . . denver is one of the destinations that makes sense for him, because we already have a lot of the talent in place. . . you can find right tackles and zone corners in the 2nd and 3rd rounds-- especially when you have mike munchak and ed donatell to coach them up. . . denver has had zero luck finding a capable QB anywhere-- let alone a 25 year old star. . . watson had his team up 24 points on the chiefs just a year ago, before that defense utterly gave up the ass, and let KC rip off 51 freaking points on them in two-and-a-half quarters. . . don't tell me he's not good enough to get to a conference championship, when he led the offense to 31 points with no turnovers, and it wasn't enough. . . give him a munchak O-line and a fangio defense, and the sky's the limit. . . if you have a chance to make it happen, you jump at it. . .

- John Elway

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

That price isn't happening, Houston has no leverage here for that. Superstars win these battles and often the trade is for less then what is desired as a result. If Houston opens the phones today maybe they get a bidding war for 3 first rounders, but so far they aren't taking calls which is dropping the price whether they realize it or not.

If I'm Denver I offer this years first, Next years first, second and Lock and that's it. Watson holds the leverage doesn't matter who is in the bidding war, he gets to determine where to go. In fact He may just stick it to Houston on the way out the door as well.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

I wouldn't mind Denver pursuing Jadeveon Clowney to play 3-4 DE.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

21. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    If I'm Denver I offer this years first, Next years first, second and Lock and that's it.
    Then Denver will miss out. Miami and/or the Jets will beat that offer.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Then Denver will miss out. Miami and/or the Jets will beat that offer.
    Watson has to sign off on where he goes. Their offers only matter if he agrees to go there.

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information