Page 99 of 105 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1562

Thread: Watson apparently not happy.

Thread title, is probably even more accurate now.

Not all of them took the payoff...

This POS needs to just be banned. The nfl shield has lost a lot of its luster.(not just this incident, there have been many, I feel sad even having to clarify this, its inevitable that someone would take it any other way)

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Krugan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

This is going to go down as one of the worst trades of all time and the takes in this thread are going to get more and more hilarious as the years go on. I can't wait to bump this thread for years to come.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This is going to go down as one of the worst trades of all time and the takes in this thread are going to get more and more hilarious as the years go on. I can't wait to bump this thread for years to come.
    The Browns are so stupid. Not just the trade itself but that RIDICULOUS, FULLY guaranteed contract?

That was obviously dumb the day it happened, I don’t think anyone here thought it was smart

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

8. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I would support an indefinite or lifetime ban. Maybe that's too much, but King don't care.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Shit that man ain’t getting banned from the league lol, the NFL ain’t going to do an owner like that who paid a player 200 million guaranteed. Dude’s going to get like 6 games if he’s even suspended.

They haven’t done a thing yet with all the accusations.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Shit that man ain’t getting banned from the league lol, the NFL ain’t going to do an owner like that who paid a player 200 million guaranteed. Dude’s going to get like 6 games if he’s even suspended.

They haven’t done a thing yet with all the accusations.
    Per the CBA guarantees don’t apply to suspensions for violations of the personal conduct policy. That’s why they negotiated a 1 million dollar salary this season, if he’s suspended for the year he only loses a million. If two years he will lose 2 years worth of salary from the contract.

The NFL doesn’t, and shouldn’t, care about how much money he is paid nor will his contract influence how the case is handled

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

If I were the league, I would punish Watson but give the Browns a bit of a break. First, I would negotiate the punishment with Watson (this is already being done) with the understanding that he will not appeal the punishment (or if he does, it won't be reduced). I would suspend him 8-10 games in both 2022 and 2023. Make clear that, with no more cases or other malfeasance, this suspension could be reduced by a few games at the Commissioner's discretion. This would allow Watson to still play roughly half a season in both years so if the Browns are close to a playoff spot, the Browns would have Watson for the stretch run and the playoffs both years (thus the break for the Browns). Also be very clear that the big discount in his contract for 2022 ONLY applies to 2022 and that he cannot have his pay shifted to reduce the amount of fine Watson will have to pay for games missed in 2023.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    The Browns are so stupid. Not just the trade itself but that RIDICULOUS, FULLY guaranteed contract?

That was obviously dumb the day it happened, I don’t think anyone here thought it was smart
    Yeah nah this was definitely one of the worst contracts ever. As a matter of fact it is the worst contract ever, wouldn’t say one of the worst trades though, because dude is definitely a super talented good quarterback that’s only what 24-25??

Per the CBA guarantees don’t apply to suspensions for violations of the personal conduct policy. That’s why they negotiated a 1 million dollar salary this season, if he’s suspended for the year he only loses a million. If two years he will lose 2 years worth of salary from the contract.

The NFL doesn’t, and shouldn’t, care about how much money he is paid nor will his contract influence how the case is handled
    Ahh thanks those little detail’s.

But as far as goodell protecting his owner buddies that’s absolutely real, and it will have an effect on what happens with Watson. He’s not going to make the browns owner suffer with a year long suspension. It’s better for the NFL if the browns are competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    If I were the league, I would punish Watson but give the Browns a bit of a break. First, I would negotiate the punishment with Watson (this is already being done) with the understanding that he will not appeal the punishment (or if he does, it won't be reduced). I would suspend him 8-10 games in both 2022 and 2023. Make clear that, with no more cases or other malfeasance, this suspension could be reduced by a few games at the Commissioner's discretion. This would allow Watson to still play roughly half a season in both years so if the Browns are close to a playoff spot, the Browns would have Watson for the stretch run and the playoffs both years (thus the break for the Browns). Also be very clear that the big discount in his contract for 2022 ONLY applies to 2022 and that he cannot have his pay shifted to reduce the amount of fine Watson will have to pay for games missed in 2023.
    Lol suspend him for 8-10 games for both seasons? That’s totally never happened and won’t happen ever bro. Why would you suspend him for 10 games then last him play the rest of the games and then turn around the do the same thing the following season? Why hoof???

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Two years. With so many accusers and so many egregious details that come out, he's in unprecedented territory.

I do disagree with beloved Davii about the salary structure not mattering; letting someone openly circumvent punishment via contract structure is beyond the pale, IMO. I don't know if that's against rules or not, but I want blood.

19. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

You clearly have more faith in people here than me.

I think plenty here would have celebrated the move.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Watson, Houston and the browns get what they Deserve. Lets not also forget there are 4 woman adamant against settling still, and a new lawsuit against the Texans for enabling. Watson will be given a indef suspension and it will be appealed to 1 year. Cleveland is dumb knowing they were going to be without him for 8 games at a min. Worst contract ever, thank god we didn't even go on this train. Russell Wilson FTW..... They all can piss off. Accountability is a lost thing these days and this should make all 3...Watson, Cleveland, and Houston accountable on some level.

22. The Following 5 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler1 View Post
    Lol suspend him for 8-10 games for both seasons? That’s totally never happened and won’t happen ever bro. Why would you suspend him for 10 games then last him play the rest of the games and then turn around the do the same thing the following season? Why hoof???
    Three reasons: 1) It allows the NFL to adjust the punishment for a year-and-a-half based on how the public responds and how Watson behaves. If they suspend him for a over a year, you can bet there will be those claiming he was hit too hard because he's Black. If he's suspended less than a year, there will be howls of protests from feminists and others that their concerns aren't taken seriously in a male-dominated sport. The person Goodell set up to decide the punishment, by the way, is a woman.
    2) It says to the other 50+ Browns players plus their coaches and fans that they have a shot in both years. Sit Watson for a full year and the Browns have no chance.
    3) It means Watson can't avoid getting a REAL fine over his suspension. They pulled a fast one so he would get paid little in 2022 and thus would have a light fine. Suspend him part of two seasons and he can't avoid getting hit with a significant fine in 2023 - which I can tell you 30 other teams want done.
    Last edited by OrangeHoof; 06-28-2022 at 05:45 PM.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information