Page 89 of 105 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 99 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,335 of 1562

Thread: Watson apparently not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    We easily have the worst starting QB in the division, there's no sense in denying that reality. I hope that changes this year or else we're ******.
    A lot yet to be proven and clear out this season. I'm hopeful that Lock will show great progress, just don't expect lights out type performance with zero errors because it ain't happening...

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Strafen For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Zerovoltz View Post
    The Broncos just recently promoted a female to a high executive position, and while I don't think one of the Bowlen girls will own the team....right now that's a story, a female team chairman/owner. If the Broncos are the team to trade for Watson....those two women...who will have played roles in making it happen, are going to face incredible scrutiny from people asking how as women....could they just ignore Watsons discretions? What kind of leaders are they to look the other way for $$$ and winning...etc? .....

I think Watson will eventualy settle and apologize in a way that gives him a little wiggle room such as "I am used to certain types of massage, and I was wrong to assume these ladies understood what I expected...I never intended any of my actions to scare them or make anyone uncomfortable. I can see in hindsight now, how what I was expecting and asking from these professionals who weren't familar with my routine, would be scary, offensive, etc. I apologize sincerely. "

He similarly wiggles out of any criminal situaition as well...and Goodell might bring the pain...but that wont last.

I don't think losing some fans is the problem. The NFL is super popular...it will thrive in Denver without the men and women of #metoo.

The problem is Denvers ownership and exec setup. There will be other teams whose leadership will be more willing to absorb the crappy PR hit.

In the end....most of us, will accept or tolerate alot...many dudes that play this sport are not very good people even if we wish they were...when the games start, frankly most of us, myself included....don't really care about much besides winning. Those jerks are paid to play football for my entertainment and I want them to win....I'm not really worried if dude X is an A hole to his girlfriend or has a drinking problem. Sad but true.
    I think the context of what you just mentioned is exactly why the Broncos could get away with just ignoring Watson the same way the Steelers did with Roethlisberger. Imagine this scenario: The Broncos acquire Watson (on a discount, let's say a 2nd round and a conditional first), Rusty quietly drags the court battle out and then settles, Watson gets a similar suspension to Roethlisberger. Meanwhile, let's say the Broncos trust situation starts to reach a resolution, and the siblings designate Brittney to serve as the CEO. Maybe in 2 offseasons? Either way, Brittney steps in, and can say she inherited the situation, has spoken to Watson, believes in his character, blah blah blah, and just completely wash her hands of it.

Every person who has followed Big Ben's career knows he is a rapist that would go to college bars and prey on young women. He still got endorsements, still sold jerseys, and still is the face of a franchise with presence all across the nation. Similar to what Big Ben did, Watson will quickly get married around the same time as the settlement and do the whole newlywed PR game where he hides behind his new wife in interviews.

#metoo has not had much luck going after successful Black men, and I think they will have even less luck picking up traction against a female NFL owner, especially if this settles as expected with admissions of misconduct, but not admissions of sexual assault.

4. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    I think the context of what you just mentioned is exactly why the Broncos could get away with just ignoring Watson the same way the Steelers did with Roethlisberger. Imagine this scenario: The Broncos acquire Watson (on a discount, let's say a 2nd round and a conditional first), Rusty quietly drags the court battle out and then settles, Watson gets a similar suspension to Roethlisberger. Meanwhile, let's say the Broncos trust situation starts to reach a resolution, and the siblings designate Brittney to serve as the CEO. Maybe in 2 offseasons? Either way, Brittney steps in, and can say she inherited the situation, has spoken to Watson, believes in his character, blah blah blah, and just completely wash her hands of it.

Every person who has followed Big Ben's career knows he is a rapist that would go to college bars and prey on young women. He still got endorsements, still sold jerseys, and still is the face of a franchise with presence all across the nation. Similar to what Big Ben did, Watson will quickly get married around the same time as the settlement and do the whole newlywed PR game where he hides behind his new wife in interviews.

#metoo has not had much luck going after successful Black men, and I think they will have even less luck picking up traction against a female NFL owner, especially if this settles as expected with admissions of misconduct, but not admissions of sexual assault.
    Interesting take.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post

That's all well and good, but I'll still pass.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I would rather not become the Steelers and root for a predator.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Big Ben is shit!

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Big Ben is shit!
    Says the Steelers fan!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Says the Steelers fan!
    So we're penalizing honesty now?

Harumph!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

So we're penalizing honesty now?

Harumph!!!!

13. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

In times like these, great men such as myself stand for the truth while evil peasants such as yourself vilify honesty.

You have become everything you ever hated.

You have failed God, Country, and your family.

You dookie, fam. You dookie.

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

In times like these, great men such as myself stand for the truth while evil peasants such as yourself vilify honesty.

You have become everything you ever hated.

You have failed God, Country, and your family.

You dookie, fam. You dookie.
    I'll just be honest fam - it's a bit hard to take you seriously when you change "favorite" teams like most of us change our underware.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I'll just be honest fam - it's a bit hard to take you seriously when you change "favorite" teams like most of us change our underware.
    Meh - Ohio teams died to me because that state became a bastion of ignorance and bigotry.

And I got tired of being trolled for what, three years about fandom. So at this point y'all are just meme'ing to me.

Also, some you all apparently need to change your drawers more frequently!

19. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Meh - Ohio teams died to me because that state became a bastion of ignorance and bigotry.

And I got tired of being trolled for what, three years about fandom. So at this point y'all are just meme'ing to me.
    What does the first part have to do with fandom?

As to the 2nd point - you're basically a fair-weather fan. Sorry, but true.

XXOO

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    What does the first part have to do with fandom?

As to the 2nd point - you're basically a fair-weather fan. Sorry, but true.

XXOO
    Because it's hard to root for a place that represents things you dislike. Just generally.

As to the second point - not really. Denver was on the decline post SB: in fact that's where a lot of the trolling and snide comments came from. I had the audacity to say "we should rebuild, we aren't contenders and the like," and ate shit for it. For years. Even though I was right. Same thing for the stupid Flacco, TS, Keenum, etc moves. Pittsburgh just lost to Cleveland, they have a bad QB, they're expected to finish third or fourth in the division, and they have massive cap issues. I'm fairly bright, right? Surely I'd have picked a team on the rise/a known power like Kansas City, San Fran, Arizona, Tampa, etc. It makes sense because if I wanted a 'winner' after moving on from Ohio I'd have used the same logic.

So I reject your claims, but I don't view it as an attack. I differentiate between the two.

22. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Because it's hard to root for a place that represents things you dislike. Just generally.

As to the second point - not really. Denver was on the decline post SB: in fact that's where a lot of the trolling and snide comments came from. I had the audacity to say "we should rebuild, we aren't contenders and the like," and ate shit for it. For years. Even though I was right. Same thing for the stupid Flacco, TS, Keenum, etc moves. Pittsburgh just lost to Cleveland, they have a bad QB, they're expected to finish third or fourth in the division, and they have massive cap issues. I'm fairly bright, right? Surely I'd have picked a team on the rise/a known power like Kansas City, San Fran, Arizona, Tampa, etc. It makes sense because if I wanted a 'winner' after moving on from Ohio I'd have used the same logic.

So I reject your claims, but I don't view it as an attack. I differentiate between the two.
    That whole 2nd paragraph is basically the definition of being a fair weather fan.

But, I still love you, and yes - you're fairly bright. Fairly...

24. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information