Page 83 of 105 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1562

Thread: Watson apparently not happy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Wave has thrown out prediction after prediction, accusation after accusation, in this thread - I'll be surprised if a single one of them is correct in the end.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    I wouldn't read too much into this. Virtually every major PD across the nation has backlogs on sex allegations, and that's even in cases where there is DNA evidence. It's a sad state of affairs. The fact that they haven't done anything since opening the investigation most likely means there was no immediate smoking gun beyond he-said, she-said. Watson is claiming these were consensual encounters.
    If we're putting on our cynical hats, I feel like if there were definitely no proof of any wrongdoing here, someone higher up with the Texans might have enough pull to have his case pushed to the top to get him cleared and get his trade value back up. I guess if you buy into the "Texans framed him" theory they wouldn't now help him, but I still maintain that theory is total nonsense. There is no scenario in which this being dragged out is good for the Texans.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Wave has thrown out prediction after prediction, accusation after accusation, in this thread - I'll be surprised if a single one of them is correct in the end.
    Yeah, no one else has thrown out any ridiculous takes in this thread like "this was all a setup by the Texans" and "I'd still trade for him even if he's guilty and goes to prison". I'm definitely the only person who has given possibly wrong/incorrect takes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Also, from the person leading the chorus accusing the Texans of setting this up (which has no basis in any reported thing at all) it's pretty hilarious that you're the one giving me shit for "making accusations". I haven't accused him of anything that he hasn't already been reportedly accused of doing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Also, from the person leading the chorus accusing the Texans of setting this up (which has no basis in any reported thing at all) it's pretty hilarious that you're the one giving me shit for "making accusations". I haven't accused him of anything that he hasn't already been reportedly accused of doing.
    You've called him a serial rapist, indicted his character fully - convicted him in the court of public opinion and moved on.

I don't think that's anywhere close to the truth. I think the occam's razor version of the story is that he treats masseuses like prostitutes, some of whom went along with it and others didn't... But he's probably not some sexual predator, and he probably did run afoul with the billionaire owner who made all of this pain come about for him.

When real power and money is on the line -- people will resort to extreme measures on all ends, including the women making accusations, the owner trying to make it painful for Watson, etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

You've called him a serial rapist, indicted his character fully - convicted him in the court of public opinion and moved on.

I don't think that's anywhere close to the truth. I think the occam's razor version of the story is that he treats masseuses like prostitutes, some of whom went along with it and others didn't... But he's probably not some sexual predator, and he probably did run afoul with the billionaire owner who made all of this pain come about for him.

When real power and money is on the line -- people will resort to extreme measures on all ends, including the women making accusations, the owner trying to make it painful for Watson, etc.
    Still not one single shred of any report that the Texans were behind this whatsoever. If you want to continue to insist that's so, you do you. But you can't both call this massive conspiracy orchestrated by Houston's owner then turn around and tell me I'm making wild accusations. Gotta pick your lane here.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Still not one single shred of any report that the Texans were behind this whatsoever. If you want to continue to insist that's so, you do you. But you can't both call this massive conspiracy orchestrated by Houston's owner then turn around and tell me I'm making wild accusations. Gotta pick your lane here.
    I think you're being super naïve/woke/millennial here and underestimating how the real world operates. Of course it will never see the light of day if there was a conspiracy between the attorney and the owner to inflict harm on Watson. What will happen is the charges will quietly go away, the lawsuits will be settled, and the damage will have already been done.

I'm merely leaving open the possibility that it will turn out that way. I think it's equally likely that Watson is not a sexual predator, that he had some low hanging fruit that could be weaponized against him, and that's why he hasn't been charged yet. Or, it's possible as you assert, that there is more to this and it's all going to come out when he gets charged.

I'm just saying you're all the way down one path with no possibility for any other outcomes, and I think that's overly myopic.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I think you're being super naïve/woke/millennial here and underestimating how the real world operates. Of course it will never see the light of day if there was a conspiracy between the attorney and the owner to inflict harm on Watson. What will happen is the charges will quietly go away, the lawsuits will be settled, and the damage will have already been done.

I'm merely leaving open the possibility that it will turn out that way. I think it's equally likely that Watson is not a sexual predator, that he had some low hanging fruit that could be weaponized against him, and that's why he hasn't been charged yet. Or, it's possible as you assert, that there is more to this and it's all going to come out when he gets charged.

I'm just saying you're all the way down one path with no possibility for any other outcomes, and I think that's overly myopic.
    This simply isn't true. I think there's still a very good chance he never actually gets charged or convicted of anything. If not thinking dozens of women are all lying about being raped makes me a naive woke millennial, so be it. But I do fully get that he's famous and can afford the best lawyers and probably won't see consequences of his actions even if he did commit crimes.

I'll go to my grave arguing that its completely absurd to suggest that Texans owner would sabotage the trade value of his best asset because of a personal vendetta though. Again, if that makes me naive, so be it.

My main point is that your suggestion that their owner was behind it is far more baseless than anything I've put out there. I'd we're gonna throw accusations around let's do it, but don't act like you're above the fray here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

This simply isn't true. I think there's still a very good chance he never actually gets charged or convicted of anything. If not thinking dozens of women are all lying about being raped makes me a naive woke millennial, so be it. But I do fully get that he's famous and can afford the best lawyers and probably won't see consequences of his actions even if he did commit crimes.

I'll go to my grave arguing that its completely absurd to suggest that Texans owner would sabotage the trade value of his best asset because of a personal vendetta though. Again, if that makes me naive, so be it.

My main point is that your suggestion that their owner was behind it is far more baseless than anything I've put out there. I'd we're gonna throw accusations around let's do it, but don't act like you're above the fray here.
    I think the fundamental disagreement is you keep throwing around the term "rape" like it's a foregone conclusion, like anyone who doesn't draw that same conclusion is objectively wrong, and I don't think that's been established, nor has it even been accused in many instances.

So if there was a conspiracy -- you have automatically jumped to all the conclusions they wanted you to -- even if he gets exonerated you are convinced he is a sexual predator who got off on technicalities. Meanwhile, I don't think we've gotten good explanations for why none of these charges came out previously, why most of these masseuses were running "underground" operations, why no evidence has come to light, etc.

Again, I think the occam's razor version is that he operated in this grey area, as did most of these women, and at the end of the day he was probably trying to take advantage of his status and their situations -- but that could easily be explained away as him trying to pay for sex in a world where that is illegal and in every instance the expectations on both sides varied. Then when there was an opportunity for a payday at the expense of a guy they already didn't really like, it's very easy to change your story into something slightly more nefarious.

Or, maybe he's a sexual predator -- but I just don't agree with the flippant way you've already been convinced of his guilt.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I think the fundamental disagreement is you keep throwing around the term "rape" like it's a foregone conclusion, like anyone who doesn't draw that same conclusion is objectively wrong, and I don't think that's been established, nor has it even been accused in many instances.

So if there was a conspiracy -- you have automatically jumped to all the conclusions they wanted you to -- even if he gets exonerated you are convinced he is a sexual predator who got off on technicalities. Meanwhile, I don't think we've gotten good explanations for why none of these charges came out previously, why most of these masseuses were running "underground" operations, why no evidence has come to light, etc.

Again, I think the occam's razor version is that he operated in this grey area, as did most of these women, and at the end of the day he was probably trying to take advantage of his status and their situations -- but that could easily be explained away as him trying to pay for sex in a world where that is illegal and in every instance the expectations on both sides varied. Then when there was an opportunity for a payday at the expense of a guy they already didn't really like, it's very easy to change your story into something slightly more nefarious.

Or, maybe he's a sexual predator -- but I just don't agree with the flippant way you've already been convinced of his guilt.
    I'm sorry that me giving my take on a famous person neither of us will ever met has offended your delicate sensibilities so much.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I'm sorry that me giving my take on a famous person neither of us will ever met has offended your delicate sensibilities so much.
    We are debating, stop being so soft.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Sorry, I'm just a soft, naive, woke millennial. Not sure what you expect from me!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Sorry, I'm just a soft, naive, woke millennial. Not sure what you expect from me!
    Right, but I'm a woke millennial so I'm allowed to deliver that critique! Anyway, nobody is offended, I'm just saying that I have not written off Watson yet. Good talk.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Right, but I'm a woke millennial so I'm allowed to deliver that critique! Anyway, nobody is offended, I'm just saying that I have not written off Watson yet. Good talk.
    This case is the ultimate test of one's wokeness. Do you side with the women or with the black man? Tread lightly!

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Says the man who cries after coitus!

19. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information