Page 6 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Watson apparently not happy.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

The Dolphins bout to ruin our hopes and dreams!

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I heard from a reliable source that this is far fetched and shouldn't even be discussed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Watson has a lot of leverage. Remember, the last time a Pro Bowl level NFL QB in their prime wanted out of town, the Denver Broncos made it happen quickly. The team needs to kiss his butt hard right now if they want him to stay. Pat refused to do this, but the Texans are in a pathetic state and might have no choice.

The Texans franchise cannot afford to trade Watson though because of the complete disaster that has been taking place in the Texans front office just from a PR and team marketing standpoint. My gut says Marvin Lewis would be the best fit and the safest hire, even if it pisses the fans off in the short term.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Our head coach is white. But the new GM may not be. Wonder how he would feel about that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Our head coach is white. But the new GM may not be. Wonder how he would feel about that.
    I don't think it has so much to do with the race of the coach or the GM, but more so with actually respecting players beyond obligatory lip service. The Broncos were active in supporting players expressing their views on social justice, and Fangio marched with players himself. The Texans early on appeared to be supporting their players as well, but then fired their PR director later in the season for not being a "cultural fit," presumably stemming from the events and broadcasted messages earlier in the year.

From a business standpoint, maybe the Texans are right, maybe they are wrong, but either way it is a delicate balance in keeping your fans and players happy. Firing your respected PR director to bring in someone more conservative probably was not the best decision when your team is already a dumpster fire. Then, proceeding to not even interview the guy your QB wants for HC after telling him he would have input probably did not help. Having a consultant firm give you multiple minority candidates as their top choices, then proceeding to disregard the firm to hire Easterby's buddy (and not talking to Watson either) probably did not do much to make him happy either.

The Texans have managed to piss off their franchise player, and that's terrible for business. I'm not sure there is even a way to recover from this for the Texans. Even if they trade Watson, he will remain in the league and undoubtedly a black cloud will remain over their franchise for the foreseeable future.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    I don't think it has so much to do with the race of the coach or the GM, but more so with actually respecting players beyond obligatory lip service. The Broncos were active in supporting players expressing their views on social justice, and Fangio marched with players himself. The Texans early on appeared to be supporting their players as well, but then fired their PR director later in the season for not being a "cultural fit," presumably stemming from the events and broadcasted messages earlier in the year.

From a business standpoint, maybe the Texans are right, maybe they are wrong, but either way it is a delicate balance in keeping your fans and players happy. Firing your respected PR director to bring in someone more conservative probably was not the best decision when your team is already a dumpster fire. Then, proceeding to not even interview the guy your QB wants for HC after telling him he would have input probably did not help. Having a consultant firm give you multiple minority candidates as their top choices, then proceeding to disregard the firm to hire Easterby's buddy (and not talking to Watson either) probably did not do much to make him happy either.

The Texans have managed to piss off their franchise player, and that's terrible for business. I'm not sure there is even a way to recover from this for the Texans. Even if they trade Watson, he will remain in the league and undoubtedly a black cloud will remain over their franchise for the foreseeable future.
    While you may be accurate, the only team he has reportedly mentioned going to in Miami. That, to me, is telling

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

So a player want out of town for non football reasons. Reasons that he could likely revisit with his new team if they don’t jump through all the right hoops all the time. Hard pass.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I think he mostly just wants out and is thinking of an excuse.

Reports are that he really wanted EB to be the coach after Mahomes recommended him.

9. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    So a player want out of town for non football reasons. Reasons that he could likely revisit with his new team if they don’t jump through all the right hoops all the time. Hard pass.
    Definitely a hard pass, I had no idea he was taking it there. Please leave that circus shit out of the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    I heard from a reliable source that this is far fetched and shouldn't even be discussed.
    Yeah your right I had no idea he was that much of a idiot.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I think he mostly just wants out and is thinking of an excuse.

Reports are that he really wanted EB to be the coach after Mahomes recommended him.
    Probably a bit of both. Trading off his only weapon likely laid the groundwork. All downhill from there

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    Definitely a hard pass, I had no idea he was taking it there. Please leave that circus shit out of the Broncos.
    The Texans are the "circus shit" organization. Texans have been an absolute front office disaster since Rick Smith was forced out during the power struggle with BOB. I don't think it is so much that Watson is fiercely political, I think it is that the organization as a whole is so garbage and has no values whatsoever, not even winning, that he doesn't want to play there. JJ Watt's public remarks most of last season confirm as such. Watt wants out too, so I think it's more Watson utilizing any leverage he has.

Denver's immediate city demographics trend in a certain political direction, so as a business decision would not be the worst decision of the Broncos to embrace it. In fact, they already have.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Von doesn’t have the trade value he did last year.

It would take Chubb to get this deal.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Lololololol

Um.......wat?
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    Nothing about that tweet says trade me, this is so far fetched I can’t even discuss it.
    I like how you say this while you are literally discussing it.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information