Page 45 of 105 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 55 95 ... LastLast

Thread: Watson apparently not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Watson has to sign off on where he goes. Their offers only matter if he agrees to go there.
    I do not know why that has to be repeated over and over. Hoof and others arent getting it.

He is not going to go play for a shit ass team like the Jets. Cool that they can beat it. That does not matter. They should look at it like this:

1. Will they beat it? Thats most important. WHo cares if they have the ammo- will they use it? How many times has the team with the most ammo got the guy?

2. If they are willing to beat it, Will Watson Actually Want To Go There? (We know the Jets are out)

3. Miami, Carolina, San Fran and Us. 1/5 odds.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    I wouldn't mind Denver pursuing Jadeveon Clowney to play 3-4 DE.
    I would.

4. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I do understand Watson has a no-trade clause but if he then turns down an offer to be traded to a team he's previously expressed an interest in, Houston also has the leverage to say "fine. we'll just park your ass right here until you agree to be traded and fine you for every day you aren't in pads. It's the same crap franchise tagged players do, threatening to sit. It usually doesn't work. Watson has a contract through 2025. He can't arbitrarily choose not to honor it unless he retires and, if he retires, his rights are retained until he's chooses to unretire. At this point, the Texans have nothing to lose. Hopkins is gone. Watt is gone. If Watson is gone, they'll have ZERO talent. ZERO, as in less than one. They're not making the playoffs with or without him so if they want to sink their season for an unhappy player, they can do it because they weren't going to be good in 2021 either way.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

They have everything to lose!

They have no 1st or 2nd rd picks. The longer this goes the lesser his value will be. Traded, retired or benched, they will need a qb. Thats a 100% given. It will not be Watson. So, they can sit him or force him to retire like you said and they'll not get any new qb to replace him, except in the 3rd rd or later...

Or......

They trade him to a team he chooses and they get a haul to restart and rebuild their crap club. Starting with a new qb either drafted or sent over (like lock or tua).
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

8. The Following 6 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I do understand Watson has a no-trade clause but if he then turns down an offer to be traded to a team he's previously expressed an interest in, Houston also has the leverage to say "fine. we'll just park your ass right here until you agree to be traded and fine you for every day you aren't in pads. It's the same crap franchise tagged players do, threatening to sit. It usually doesn't work. Watson has a contract through 2025. He can't arbitrarily choose not to honor it unless he retires and, if he retires, his rights are retained until he's chooses to unretire. At this point, the Texans have nothing to lose. Hopkins is gone. Watt is gone. If Watson is gone, they'll have ZERO talent. ZERO, as in less than one. They're not making the playoffs with or without him so if they want to sink their season for an unhappy player, they can do it because they weren't going to be good in 2021 either way.
    He already said he would sit the whole year if needed. Houston has lost the leverage. Watson controls his fate now.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    He already said he would sit the whole year if needed. Houston has lost the leverage. Watson controls his fate now.....
    Until he’s actually traded Houston has the leverage. I keep telling you all the Texans could be petty and just make him sit out the entire year and fine him like orange hoof said.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    Until he’s actually traded Houston has the leverage. I keep telling you all the Texans could be petty and just make him sit out the entire year and fine him like orange hoof said.
    they could, but why would they? talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face. . . they're a two billion dollar corporation, not a child on tiktok. . .

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    and literally nothing to gain. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    . . . they're a two billion dollar corporation, not a child on tiktok. . .
    *ahem*

Are we sure?

Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post

Yes they could. I keep telling you why they will not. Its right here below for your reference. 1 way or another Houston will need a new QB for next year. Benched watson or traded. They have no 1sts or 2nds. They cannot draft a QB to start. So Free Agency. Maybe they get an Alex Smiff or someone. Cool. None are better than Watson was last year. So they will have another 4 win season. Probably worse actually. Especially when there is no good QB. No QB to score like Watson did. When they have no high picks to replace talent with. Then there is the salary cap thing- I do not know where they are at, but throwing money around wont work either....

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post

They have no 1st or 2nd rd picks. The longer this goes the lesser his value will be. Traded, retired or benched, they will need a qb. Thats a 100% given. It will not be Watson. So, they can sit him or force him to retire like you said and they'll not get any new qb to replace him, except in the 3rd rd or later...

Or......

They trade him to a team he chooses and they get a haul to restart and rebuild their crap club. Starting with a new qb either drafted or sent over (like lock or tua).
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    *ahem*

Are we sure?

lol. . . mcnair is clearly an idiot, but i'm operating under the assumption that cooler heads will eventually prevail, due to the amount of money that's at stake. . . how many jerseys are they going to sell next year if they're going 1-15 with AJ mccarron as their quarterback?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

With Jack Easterby seemingly running the show there now, I'm not putting any scenario outside the realm of possibility.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    His threat changes nothing. He loses all money if he sits. Houston retains his rights AND adds a year to the end of his deal. They don't have to do anything. I say call his bluff

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Watson could retire today and is a made man for the rest of his life. Houston has all the downside calling the bluff. His value will never be higher than right now. Why would they want to keep a malcontent who doesn't want to be there? They are so much better off with the haul they'll get for him. "Calling his bluff" would be really, really stupid. Even if he buckles and plays, you really think his heart will be fully into being there? He'll just be counting the days until he can leave and they get nothing in return. What upside is there to them calling his bluff?

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Watson could retire today and is a made man for the rest of his life. Houston has all the downside calling the bluff. His value will never be higher than right now. Why would they want to keep a malcontent who doesn't want to be there? They are so much better off with the haul they'll get for him. "Calling his bluff" would be really, really stupid. Even if he buckles and plays, you really think his heart will be fully into being there? He'll just be counting the days until he can leave and they get nothing in return. What upside is there to them calling his bluff?
    And just like 90% of the league, they'll spend 20 years trying to find the next guy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    And just like 90% of the league, they'll spend 20 years trying to find the next guy.
    They are already in that situation. They just haven't accepted it yet.

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information