Page 3 of 105 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Watson apparently not happy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Heck - if you look further down the board, Dallas, 49ers, Vikings, Patriots and Raiders could make a play too as all have a questionable QB situation, but one that is tradable.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Is Miami done with Tua already?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Is Miami done with Tua already?
    I doubt it.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    So if this becomes real...who is our competition?

Atlanta?
    Detroit?
    Carolina?

Likely gonna be someone with a top 10 pick and possibly a QB to swap to allow for a learning curve.
    #1 is likely the Jets. Now that they’ve lost the Tank for Trevor lottery to Jax, I think they’d be all about trading #2 overall and probably Darnold for Watson. Why take a risk on Fields or another rookie at #2 if you get the sure thing in Watson?

I don’t think Atlanta, Detroit, or Carolina have the space or could eat the hit from their current QBs’ big contracts by trading them. Stafford for instance leaves them $10 mil dead money (frees up about 20) but then you’ve gotta add Watson’s contract to that. Why when they don’t have a team? ATL has a good QB who still plays well and isn’t the problem. Watson doesn’t fix anything for them, really. Carolina just gave Teddy B a big FA contract and would be much better off drafting a guy to groom than trading for Watson and getting slammed with a huge cap charge. Philly is also in the same position after giving Wentz a huge contract.

I’d imagine if Watson was for trade, it would be us and the Jets as the two teams in the best position to actually trade for him. The Dolphins are a wild card if they are already doubting Tua.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

5. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...quests-a-trade

Watson is ignoring calls from front office. Apparently they promised to involve him in coach and GM search...but didn't include him in GM hire at all.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

More fun...he wanted Bienemy as Mahomes recommended him to him. EB didn't even get invited for an interview. Apparently blatant lying going on. Made promises with no follow through

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

More fun...he wanted Bienemy as Mahomes recommended him to him. EB didn't even get invited for an interview. Apparently blatant lying going on. Made promises with no follow through
    We're sure he's not just being pissy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

10. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    We're sure he's not just being pissy?
    They didn't have to make any promises but they apparently did. He's the player. He shouldn't have a say. But once you tell him he will have input, you better follow through

12. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

They didn't have to make any promises but they apparently did. He's the player. He shouldn't have a say. But once you tell him he will have input, you better follow through
    Says who? Watson?
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Do your thing John, get us one last superstar FA/trade.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Last edited by SmilinAssasSin27; 01-07-2021 at 09:16 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

https://www.milehighreport.com/2021/...deshaun-watson

How much is too much in terms of compensation?

Ian St. Clair: Without hesitation, and there isn’t too much. Do whatever it takes. If the Broncos want to compete with the likes of Patrick Mahomes and Justin Herbert, you need a quarterback on that level. And Watson isn’t just top 10, he’s top 5, in my estimation. Let’s put it this way: For 17 years, the Chiefs tried to counter John Elway with Steve Bono and Elvis Grbac. I don’t want the Broncos to follow that model.

Sadaraine: If there is any semblance of truth to the rumors of Watson wanting out of Houston, the Broncos should square away their GM ASAP and get on the phone. I’m not sure there is such a thing as “too much” in a trade for a guy like Watson. He’s a modern elite QB who would instantly upgrade this team to a serious AFC contender.

Tim Lynch: If the last five years have taught us anything, its that a franchise quarterback is worth whatever it takes. Three 1sts and 2nds along with a starter caliber player is about as steep of a price as it gets. That’s going to hurt the defensive side of the ball big time, but the offensive core is pretty much set for the foreseeable future. So that deal isn’t as damaging to the Broncos roster is it might be for other teams.

Adam Malnati: Yes! Why wouldn’t you call on a potential franchise altering player. Sell the farm. I don’t have a limit. After 5 garbage years of QB play, make the move. QB is the most important position on the field. Winning is nearly impossible without competent play under center. Watson is a guy who could make the Broncos AFC West contenders immediately.

Joe Mahoney: Whatever it takes. I’d go full Mike Ditka with RIcky Williams. The league is becoming more and more of a passing league each year and the Broncos have been falling behind in the arms race since late 2014.

Joe Rowles: You have to. He’s the guy every single team is chasing. Take one look at the Broncos roster right now. You could easily make the argument they’re a quarterback and some health luck away from being a playoff contender. Watson is one of the best young passers in the league and will turn 26 during the 2021 season. He’s exactly what this roster needs and fits their current timeline.

As for the cost. Ask yourself this: If Lock isn’t the guy, how many picks will the Broncos need to burn to find someone half as good as Watson?

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Ok, that seems legit, thanks. I'd want out, too. Your word matters, and if you can't keep it there's little point in a relationship. I like Watson even more. This needs to happen even though I'm not sure Lock can't improve. Watson *is* better (much better), it's that simple.

19. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Ok, that seems legit, thanks. I'd want out, too. Your word matters, and if you can't keep it there's little point in a relationship. I like Watson even more. This needs to happen even though I'm not sure Lock can't improve. Watson *is* better (much better), it's that simple.
    https://t.co/qUuUWP1ymz

And this is from as far back as October

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Wanna get Watson? Hire Rick Smith as GM and let him workout the deal. Smith drafted away so in the first place. It wouldn’t hurt if Robert F Smith bought the Broncos from the dysfunctional Bowlens, either...

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information