Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    Deshaun Watson: likes a picture of Jeudy

broncos fan: let’s trade Jeudy.

Go figure
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Lol.

He’s not wrong.
    I know you already know this, and are tongue-in-cheek using this to fuel your "There's nothing Denver fans hate more than its star players" narrative (which is only partially true)... But dog was using jeudy as an example of seemingly the most untouchable player to demonstrate that we ought to gladly move heaven and earth to get Watson. If they want Elway's HOF bust, we'll send that in the deal too.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I know you already know this, and are tongue-in-cheek using this to fuel your "There's nothing Denver fans hate more than its star players" narrative (which is only partially true)... But dog was using jeudy as an example of seemingly the most untouchable player to demonstrate that we ought to gladly move heaven and earth to get Watson. If they want Elway's HOF bust, we'll send that in the deal too.
    Yeah It’s not my schtik this time, he just has a funny point that Watson is intrigued by Denver and presumably JJ and we’re talking about trading one of the pieces Watson is intrigued by.

There isn’t a player on this team I wouldn’t trade for Watson, so I’m right there with ya’ll on trading JJ.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

5. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    We definitely have enough to land Watson. People keep saying "Oh, put Von in a package to land Watson!" but the reality is the Broncos do have a premier young pass rusher they could put in a package for Watson, and his name is Bradley Chubb. Von is untradeable with his current contract. I don't think it will come to that, because Watson's no-trade clause nukes the leverage the Texans have in hiking the price up too far.

The Texans would likely propose Chubb, Lock, 2 firsts, Tim Patrick (Would need to wait until he signs tender), and a 2nd plus another to easily get a deal done. Holding onto Chubb should be a priority, and Watson has all of the leverage if he really wants to come to Denver, so the non-negotiables of the deal become the Lock and the 2 firsts. The last time a young Pro Bowl QB got traded he went for 2 firsts, a 3rd, and a QB on a rookie deal. The Stafford trade revealed that the price is generally still the same: 2 firsts and a replacement with the rest entirely negotiable.

2 firsts, Lock, and a 2nd will probably be the best offer the Texans get unless Miami gives up on Tua and offers their 2 firsts plus Tua. Ego will prevent Houston from making that move because one of the firsts they would be trading for would be their own. It is unlikely Miami would even want to offer that package because they likely value Tua as more than a first. Watson's top 2 teams are likely Denver and San Fransisco because both teams can actually protect him better than Houston did, while providing receiving threats that are far better than the supporting casts the Texans put around him (besides Hopkins).
    rumor has it the panthers are offering 3 number 1’s.........and Christian McCaffrey. Like I said before, by the time the offers start piling up like an out of control real estate market, whichever team they pull the trigger with is going to be so weakened that Watson won’t even want to be a part of it

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lol, I highly doubt Watson goes to Carolina especially if McCaffery is going out the door. To my knowledge doesnt Watson have some control over where he goes in a trade?

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Lol, I highly doubt Watson goes to Carolina especially if McCaffery is going out the door. To my knowledge doesnt Watson have some control over where he goes in a trade?
    Yes he has a no trade clause.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

So it’s bad for him in Carolina with nothing but it’s okay for him to come to Denver while trading away our talent and picks so he’s here with nothing as well.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

So it’s bad for him in Carolina with nothing but it’s okay for him to come to Denver while trading away our talent and picks so he’s here with nothing as well.
    Says who?

13. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If you are asking me if i would trade 2 1sts, an aging Von Miller, and Drew Lock for Watson i would make that trade every single time.

If you are asking me if i would trade 3 1sts, Chubb, Sutton, Lock, and Von i would say no every single time.

The thing about Carolina is Christian is their most explosive player if not the best player on the team. Watson going to Carolina wouldnt even be a lateral move but a regressive one. Giving up Von or Drew with a couple of picks still leaves us with a shit ton of talent on this team. Its not even near as bad here as it is in Carolina right now.

Says who?
    The saying around here is trade away everything and figure out the rest later once you got the quarterback and no picks and no talent.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The saying around here is trade away everything and figure out the rest later once you got the quarterback and no picks and no talent.
    That aint my saying so not sure why you even quoted me.

17. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    rumor has it the panthers are offering 3 number 1’s.........and Christian McCaffrey. Like I said before, by the time the offers start piling up like an out of control real estate market, whichever team they pull the trigger with is going to be so weakened that Watson won’t even want to be a part of it
    Rumors are just rumors. There was an early rumor that the Bears were offering 2 firsts, Cohen, and more for Wentz too, but until the deal actually materializes, it's just noise leaked out by teams and agents to run up the price on their player. The Texans will get a high price if they trade Watson, but I would expect more of a Jay Cutler haul than a Herschel Walker type bounty.

The Texans cap situation makes it impossible for them to take on Jimmy G or Carr, so if they wanted a low-cap replacement the options are limited to a QB on a rookie deal. Watson's no-trade clause limits the Texans ability to gouge another team too, so I think the existing price point of 2 firsts, a replacement, and change for a Pro Bowl QB stands.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Extending McCaffrey was poor roster management, I would hope Watson knows that. I’d be moderately surprised if Texans even want him in trade.
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 02-17-2021 at 08:58 PM.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

come on, man, stop with the dramatic hand-wringing. . . "OMG, we'll have NO talent!"

it's hyperbolic, and simply not true. . . understand, i never said i'd lead with the best offer-- but if three 1sts, lock and jeudy really was the offer, that doesn't leave this roster anywhere close to bereft of talent. . . the offense is fairly close to set with a top notch QB added to the mix. . . they'd bring back their entire offensive line-- a young, ascending group that was plenty solid down the stretch last year, which still has significant room for improvement. . . might need one more piece at RT, but this year's draft class actually has some depth there for once-- and denver is lucky to have a world class OL coach to develop young guys. . . the receiver corps still has sutton / patrick / hamler. plus hamilton and spencer as adequate slots, two fast, athletic young TEs, and melvin gordon. . . plus lindsay if they sign him to a tender offer, which they should. . . they'll need another RB at some point, but you can get good backs in the mid rounds and later, every year. . .

as of now they still have von miller, and retaining simmons will obviously be a priority-- we'll see if harris gets a bigger offer in FA this year, but he shouldn't be expensive to keep. . . then you have bradley chubb, mike purcell, dre'mont jones, bryce callahan, AJ johnson, and kareem jackson. . . ojemudia has a ton of potential, and agim is an untapped talent who should get PT this year. . . reed and attachu provide some competent depth at OLB, and guys like bauasby and bassey are competent slot corners in fangio's scheme. . . they need one solid corner in FA, and probably need to draft another ILB-- another position which reportedly has some quality depth this year. . .

also, giving up those 1sts obviously hurts, but it's not the only round you can draft talent in. . . sutton and simmons might be the best players on the team if von doesn't return to 2018 form, and they were a 2nd and a 3rd. . . if patton's worth his salt, he can survive the loss. . . denver's been looking for a guy like watson for going on 25 years, and has wasted three 1sts and multiple 2nds (plus all the picks surrenderd to trade up) over that time, with nothing to show for it. . . seriously, their last three 1sts were jeudy, fant, and chubb-- if you wouldn't jump at the chance to trade those three for an elite quarterback, then i don't know what to tell you. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Sorry but first round picks are drafted in the first round for a reason, they are the cream of the crop, your not going to just be finding first round picks top 10 pick talent in the other rounds.

The Broncos have a lot of holes and were a 5 win team! We need to stop acting like we’re a 8-9 win team just lacking a QB. And like I keep saying Watson clearly isn’t the guy to take a team from worst to first being that he was blown out in many games last year on the road to 4 wins. So be careful trading away draft capital and talent you can’t replace.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information