Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: New GM talk

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yeah at the point he came back here he was pretty much broken. I do think had he never left he could have blossomed into a decent starter for us, maybe a Ryan Tannehill type.
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I'm pretty sure he was talking about when he left for Houston.
    He would have met the adversity of a 9-7 2016 Broncos situation much better than a 9-7 2016 Texans situation? I don't know. He sucked in 2015, he sucked in 2016, he sucked in 2017. He just sucked. His one good game was his first start as a fourth year player in 2015 when Hillman and CJ rushed for 170 on 36 carries, then he bumped along at ~60-90 QB rating the rest of his career. He's never done squat.

I don't see any evidence that he would have been useful in this revisionist history mode except for the coincidence that he was on the Broncos roster in 2015.

I'm glad he was a warm body on the roster who won a few games, but he was never any good. You put any other backup QB and you get the same result. Siemian playing in 2015 might have been an upgrade over Brock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

2. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Yeah at the point he came back here he was pretty much broken. I do think had he never left he could have blossomed into a decent starter for us, maybe a Ryan Tannehill type.
    Oh, and how could anyone pine for or 'what if' a QB who gets 'pretty much broken' after one year on a playoff team?

Dude apparently had no grit!
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Tracking the Denver Broncos GM search: Names to know

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/d...-names-to-know

It's a long list

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    He would have met the adversity of a 9-7 2016 Broncos situation much better than a 9-7 2016 Texans situation? I don't know. He sucked in 2015, he sucked in 2016, he sucked in 2017. He just sucked. His one good game was his first start as a fourth year player in 2015 when Hillman and CJ rushed for 170 on 36 carries, then he bumped along at ~60-90 QB rating the rest of his career. He's never done squat.

I don't see any evidence that he would have been useful in this revisionist history mode except for the coincidence that he was on the Broncos roster in 2015.

I'm glad he was a warm body on the roster who won a few games, but he was never any good. You put any other backup QB and you get the same result. Siemian playing in 2015 might have been an upgrade over Brock.
    I think the continuity would have helped him, yes. He looked plenty serviceable in 2015 replacing Manning, and I think the Houston situation was just a dumpster fire that broke him. He still would have had most of that elite defense supporting him, an offseason to build more chemistry with DT and Sanders, and more continuity with the same coaches/system.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I think the continuity would have helped him, yes. He looked plenty serviceable in 2015 replacing Manning, and I think the Houston situation was just a dumpster fire that broke him. He still would have had most of that elite defense supporting him, an offseason to build more chemistry with DT and Sanders, and more continuity with the same coaches/system.
    I don't see it. He looked like a slight upgrade over the cardboard cutout he replaced. He's never won a game on his own and his career stats are miserable. You maybe just fell for him a little bit, and that's ok.

To me, he was the first horseman of the Brockpacalypse, and we were lucky to avoid Osmageddon.

7. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Please no New England guys. No offensive pro bowlers since Gronk.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Please no New England guys. No offensive pro bowlers since Gronk.
    And they say elway cant draft or find a QB.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I am ready to be interviewed by Mr Elway and Mr Ellis. All they need to do is send the plane.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

12. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Ellis announced he doesn't see an extension on his contract after March, 2022. Big changes for our team!!

https://www.milehighreport.com/2021/...mZ6Qkf-fX0QuzA

“I don’t envision extending it past that other than maybe just an interim period of some sort if necessary,’’ Ellis said in a sit-down interview with 9NEWS on Tuesday. “But that would be dedicated to finding a replacement as a club president or CEO, depending on what the next owner – whether that’s Brittany or somebody else — where that ends up.”

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

According to Woody, he thinks the two candidates Denver likes most are Kelly and the guy from NO, Fontenot.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    According to Woody, he thinks the two candidates Denver likes most are Kelly and the guy from NO, Fontenot.
    I want whichever one can pull off a trade for Watson...

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

17. The Following 7 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

None of the names on the list are blowing my hair back.

I am ready to move on from Elway, but if this is a temporary fix until the new owner comes online later this year, and then wants to pick their own guy, it's just window dressing.

But I'm with H56, whoever it is, get Watson.
    Some of those that work forces
    Are the same that burn crosses

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Softskull For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Softskull View Post
    None of the names on the list are blowing my hair back.

I am ready to move on from Elway, but if this is a temporary fix until the new owner comes online later this year, and then wants to pick their own guy, it's just window dressing.

But I'm with H56, whoever it is, get Watson.
    everyone is temporary. . . . given that context, what's your hairstyle these days?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

21. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    everyone is temporary. . . . given that context, what's your hairstyle these days?
    I’m bringing back the mullet, it started with Covid (not being able to get a haircut), then I brought it back or hockey playoffs ... still going strong.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I’m bringing back the mullet, it started with Covid (not being able to get a haircut), then I brought it back or hockey playoffs ... still going strong.
    Pics plz

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information