Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: 5th pick possible?

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Parsons was an edge his entire life and got moved to off ball linebacker at Penn State which just doesn't make any sense to me. If I'm evaluating him as an edge then it's a different conversation but I don't love his instincts in the middle. I'd rather have Browning or surratt. Oweh is also a guy that a lot of people are talking about but very rarely do you see someone with that physical skill set that produces almost nothing in college and then all of the sudden figures it out at the NFL level. Guys like dion jordan and Mingo and Chiasson even clowney come to mind.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Parsons was an edge his entire life and got moved to off ball linebacker at Penn State which just doesn't make any sense to me. If I'm evaluating him as an edge then it's a different conversation but I don't love his instincts in the middle. I'd rather have Browning or surratt. Oweh is also a guy that a lot of people are talking about but very rarely do you see someone with that physical skill set that produces almost nothing in college and then all of the sudden figures it out at the NFL level. Guys like dion jordan and Mingo and Chiasson even clowney come to mind.
    No prospect is perfect. Parsons was a bit of a hybrid at CD High, playing DE and OLB. But his versatility is what allowed PSU to move him to ILB. Now he is a guy that can play the run and the pass and rush the passer. Absolutely a guy that Fangio can get creative with. His biggest weaknesses against the run is that he sometimes over pursues, but that is something that is easily coached. Against the pass, his biggest weakness it the amount of times he had to drop into coverage. It wasn't something he had to do too much, but...when he did, he was highly successful. He's a guy that is capable of doing it all as an off ball linebacker, but in the absolutely worst case scenario...he's a replacement for Von down the road. I think he'd be amazing for this defense.

Oweh's biggest weakness is his lack of pass rush moves. ut that's more indicative of his lack of experience than anything else. 2020 was his first year as a starter, but if you look at his growth over the last few years...and combine it with his intabgibles...that's what has him as a top edge prospect. Watching the Indiana game alone, he could have had 5 or 6 sacks if he was a split second quicker to the QB. Little things like that, that can be coached into him at the next level. 2020 was his only year as a starter and even though the sack numbers weren't there...you could see he was on the verge of breaking out. Intangibles alone will warrant a late 1st/early 2nd grade on him. In the right system, he can have a lot of success.

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Parsons has 31 1/2” arm length, riddle solved, very few T-Rex pass rushers make much impact beating T’s 1-on-1.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

5. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information