Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th pick possible?

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Default 5th pick possible?

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/?p=652608

According to this article, we could pick as high as 5 in the 2021 draft. Horrifically unlikely, but let's ignore that in this thread. Let's assume we have pick 5.

What would you offer Jax for the 1st pick? I'm sure this will turn into another debate about giving Lock another year. That's not the topic. I wanna know what you'd give for a shot at Lawrence from the 5 spot.

What say you Bronco Nation?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Bronco Nation?

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/?p=652608

According to this article, we could pick as high as 5 in the 2021 draft. Horrifically unlikely, but let's ignore that in this thread. Let's assume we have pick 5.

What would you offer Jax for the 1st pick? I'm sure this will turn into another debate about giving Lock another year. That's not the topic. I wanna know what you'd give for a shot at Lawrence from the 5 spot.

What say you Bronco Nation?

Our 1st, 3rd, 7th, and Miller.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Bronco Nation?
    Sure. Why not?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Our 1st, 3rd, 7th, and Miller.
    And the jags laugh and hang up. Would take something like Lock, Von, and several first round picks, and even that's probably not enough.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    And the jags laugh and hang up. Would take something like Lock, Von, and several first round picks, and even that's probably not enough.
    The question wasnt if they would accept only what you would give up. I mean i do wish i had your crystal ball but yea they would be dumb to pass up on Lawrence as it is.

9. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Sure. Why not?
    It's Broncos Country, FYI.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I'd give a middle finger and two smelly farts.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I mean, you make the phone call even at 10. But you’re not giving up what they’ll want.

So you take Sewell or Parsons or Farley or Surtain or Paye or Rousseau or Horn. Whoever your top player is. I’d obviously prefer defense and O-line if you can tell. Don’t see a reason to take Waddle, Chase or Smith a year after taking Jeudy and Hamler and already having Sutton. Pitts maybe, but Fant is good.

And you do have to consider Fields and Wilson if you have a chance at them.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I mean, you make the phone call even at 10. But you’re not giving up what they’ll want.

So you take Sewell or Parsons or Farley or Surtain or Paye or Rousseau or Horn. Whoever your top player is. I’d obviously prefer defense and O-line if you can tell. Don’t see a reason to take Waddle, Chase or Smith a year after taking Jeudy and Hamler and already having Sutton. Pitts maybe, but Fant is good.

And you do have to consider Fields and Wilson if you have a chance at them.
    That's no fun

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I'd give Lock, our #1 this year and next and our #2 this year. Plus if they wanted Von, I'd do it to assist with the cap.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'd give Lock, our #1 this year and next and our #2 this year. Plus if they wanted Von, I'd do it to assist with the cap.
    If we had the first pick and someone offered us a shaky young QB, an injured 31 year old OLB, the 5th pick, and a second rounder, and we traded Lawrence for that, you'd want Elway's head on a stick.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Steep price but thats more than likely what it would take.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

If you’re Jacksonville how can you pass on the quarterback at No. 1 over anything. There is zero possibility this team doesn’t draft Lawrence. Zero. It’s guaranteed.

If I were Goodell, I’d contract the team if they trotted out Gardner Minshew, Mike Glennon and some dude I can’t remember out there, had a chance at a guy that’s been labeled the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft since he was 15, and they didn’t take him. I’d walk to the podium and say, “We have an announcement as the NFL. The Jaguars no longer play in the NFL. We will move forward with 31 teams.”
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following 8 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    If I were Goodell, I’d contract the team if they trotted out Gardner Minshew, Mike Glennon and some dude I can’t remember out there, had a chance at a guy that’s been labeled the No. 1 pick in the NFL draft since he was 15, and they didn’t take him. I’d walk to the podium and say, “We have an announcement as the NFL. The Jaguars no longer play in the NFL. We will move forward with 31 teams.”
    Ok, that is damn funny right there. Im almost wanting it to happen.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information