Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th pick possible?

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    If we had the first pick and someone offered us a shaky young QB, an injured 31 year old OLB, the 5th pick, and a second rounder, and we traded Lawrence for that, you'd want Elway's head on a stick.
    Agreed...but I also listed next years #1 as well.

Still...the only way I say yes is because I love Fields or Wilson.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I would never trade Von in a million years.

I would just take the best player available, preferably o-line or some baller defensive stud.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I would never trade Von in a million years.

I would just take the best player available, preferably o-line or some baller defensive stud.
    Von is my favorite non Elway bronco of all time. But if he got us lawrence? I'd fly to Denver and drive him to the airport.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Until Lawrence starts doing fun sack dances he is a scrub.

7. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I think Von's best days are behind him unfortunately.

9. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Trade Chubb, y’all have the immortal Malik Reed to replace him anyway.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

#5, Chubb, Simmons and a future #1’.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    #5, Chubb, Simmons and a future #1’.
    That's a bold move, Cotton.

13. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Can we offer Ellis and Elway? Is that allowed?

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    If you’re Jacksonville how can you pass on the quarterback at No. 1 over anything. There is zero possibility this team doesn’t draft Lawrence. Zero. It’s guaranteed.
    I remember when the Colts were so overt with their intention of taking Manning with the 1st pick of the '98 draft that they literally announce that they had come to a contractual agreement with him a week or 2 ahead of the draft. Of course nothing could be signed until they officially drafted him, but they did make sure that every Colts fan knew they weren't going to repeat what they did with the player they drafted with the 1st pick of the '83 draft

If the Jag do anything but take whoever they believe to be the best QB in the draft with the 1st pick, their fans will riot. However, it is still within the realm of possibility that their brain trust might think that they know more then everyone else and take different QB with that pick. Remember when Sneakers was insisting that we needed to take Russell Wilson in 2012, who ended up not being taken until the 75th pick (3rd round)? The players that went ahead of him were Andrew Luck (1st pick - 1 round), Robert Griffin III (2nd pick - 1st round), Ryan Tannehill (8th pick - 1st round), Brandon Weeden (22nd pick - 1st round), and Brock Osweiler (52nd pick - 2nd round) https://www.pro-football-reference.c...2012/draft.htm.

Only 2 of these 5 QBs that went ahead of Wilson have had decent NFL careers, 1 of which is still going. The other 3 were disappointments, only 1 of which is still a bench warmer while the other 2 washed out completely after just 5 seasons. So, this leads me to ask 2 questions:

1) Does the Jags of a Sneakers like scout in their college scouting department that believes they know something that the "experts" don't know?

2) Is Sneakers a better college scout, or was he just a hommer that got one right
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Can we offer Ellis and Elway? Is that allowed?
    Well, the Raiders trade coach Gruden to the Bucs back in '02, so I guess anything is possible.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I remember when the Colts were so overt with their intention of taking Manning with the 1st pick of the '98 draft that they literally announce that they had come to a contractual agreement with him a week or 2 ahead of the draft. Of course nothing could be signed until they officially drafted him, but they did make sure that every Colts fan knew they weren't going to repeat what they did with the player they drafted with the 1st pick of the '83 draft

If the Jag do anything but take whoever they believe to be the best QB in the draft with the 1st pick, their fans will riot. However, it is still within the realm of possibility that their brain trust might think that they know more then everyone else and take different QB with that pick. Remember when Sneakers was insisting that we needed to take Russell Wilson in 2012, who ended up not being taken until the 75th pick (3rd round)? The players that went ahead of him were Andrew Luck (1st pick - 1 round), Robert Griffin III (2nd pick - 1st round), Ryan Tannehill (8th pick - 1st round), Brandon Weeden (22nd pick - 1st round), and Brock Osweiler (52nd pick - 2nd round) https://www.pro-football-reference.c...2012/draft.htm.

Only 2 of these 5 QBs that went ahead of Wilson have had decent NFL careers, 1 of which is still going. The other 3 were disappointments, only 1 of which is still a bench warmer while the other 2 washed out completely after just 5 seasons. So, this leads me to ask 2 questions:

1) Does the Jags of a Sneakers like scout in their college scouting department that believes they know something that the "experts" don't know?

2) Is Sneakers a better college scout, or was he just a hommer that got one right
    King was correct when he mentioned that the staunch old minds of the NFL weren't ready for a guy like Russell. They ignored the obvious because he is short and could run.

19. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    King was correct when he mentioned that the staunch old minds of the NFL weren't ready for a guy like Russell. They ignored the obvious because he is short and could run.
    I completely agree with King's assessment. Back in '85, there was a college sensation named Doug Flutie who people doubted could succeed in the NFL right off the bat because he was only 5'10." His teams were a combine 9-5 with him as a part time starter over 6 seasons, despite him posting stats that were not all that great for that era and would be consider horrible for today's NFL. So, he goes to play in Canada for a few years and then came back to the NFL and puts up really good numbers while leading the Bills to a 21-9 record over 3 years. Unfortunately for him, the Bills had already brought in their QB of the future, 6'4" Rob Johnson. This, despite the fact the Bills were 4-1 with Flutie as a starter in his final year with them, but just 4-7 with Johnson. Flutie went to SD in 2001 where his career died, while Johnson was run out of Buffalo after that season after posting a 1-7 record. Flutie's his last year was 2005 as a Patriots' bench warmer, 2 years after Johnson had retired after just 9 years in the league

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/?p=652608

According to this article, we could pick as high as 5 in the 2021 draft. Horrifically unlikely, but let's ignore that in this thread. Let's assume we have pick 5.

What would you offer Jax for the 1st pick? I'm sure this will turn into another debate about giving Lock another year. That's not the topic. I wanna know what you'd give for a shot at Lawrence from the 5 spot.

What say you Bronco Nation?
    Absolutely nothing because they wouldn’t trade the #1 pick and we won’t be picking 5 anyway. We must stay where we are at an bolster the CB position.

22. The Following User High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

I think people are quick to forget that this is youngest roster in the NFL. If anything, simply staying the course and stocking new talent while developing young players will pay off soon, and keep paying off. This team needs an outside cornerback and an ILB that can cover/blitz. The defense is holding, but they aren't making enough plays to force turnovers. The situation with the offense is improving every week, and committing more heavily to the run game will do wonders next year.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information