Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Fangio returning in 2021

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'm ok with moving on if they think they have their guy. Lock and Shurm don't seem to vibe, or Lock has regressed, or now that the film is out on Lock and his tendencies are known he's easy to stop. It just seems impossible to me to take an accurate measurement of the kid with all the new personnel, staff, scheme, minimal reps, shoulder injury, Covid, and whatever else I left out. Guess we will see!
    And whose to say we have to dump Lock even if we do draft QB early. Our boy Shanny took 2 in the same draft. It's not like Lock is getting first round pay. It's business.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Ok cool. Continuity is not bad

Now be decisive at quarterback.
    Give Lock the job and the off season.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Mahomes 'it factor' is Andy MF Reid and Child-abuser Hill.

Take away his 'it factor' and he's not the same.

Everyone thought Lock had 'it' after his first 5 games with Scangarello. Did he somehow lose 'it'?
    Some people just can’t see eye popping talent, all you have to do is watch the high lights and you’ll see this huge ball of talent that just needs to be molded and developed. Locks arm talent makes throws only few others can make, he was beyond comfortable when he got in last year because he had mastered the SYSTEM by time he got back from injury, Drew is a guy that once he knows the system like the back of his hand he can go play ball. This pandemic and switching systems was one of the worst things that could have happened to Lock: I wish folks would stop acting like every QB just comes in and gets it right away there first 18 games... especially when you halted development by switching systems.

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Jeudy10Hamler1 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Jeudy10Hamler13 View Post
    Some people just can’t see eye popping talent, all you have to do is watch the high lights and you’ll see this huge ball of talent that just needs to be molded and developed. Locks arm talent makes throws only few others can make, he was beyond comfortable when he got in last year because he had mastered the SYSTEM by time he got back from injury, Drew is a guy that once he knows the system like the back of his hand he can go play ball. This pandemic and switching systems was one of the worst things that could have happened to Lock: I wish folks would stop acting like every QB just comes in and gets it right away there first 18 games... especially when you halted development by switching systems.
    Unfortunately there are 35 passes in a game, not just the three on the highlight reel. Drew is struggling to learn the offense, including getting past the first read and reading plays correctly. We’re in Week 17 of his second season. It needs to start happening.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

The Broncos should just get a Justin Herbert.

No! No! No!

The Broncos should get ... a Myhomie!

I’m not sure why this is so hard for the Broncos to figure out.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Agreed. But we'll wait until Lock makes us solid and then decide he isn't the guy when we're picking 18th.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    The Broncos should just get a Justin Herbert.

No! No! No!

The Broncos should get ... a Myhomie!

I’m not sure why this is so hard for the Broncos to figure out.
    What should the Broncos do, Jaded?

Tell us, oh wise one.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

We're in a crappy spot. I'm all for giving Lock another chance IF we pick in the late teens. We hope above all else that we aren't in this position again soon and I think we're talented enough not to be. If we don't strike now, we'll have to give up so much more once we determine he is simply a solid QB.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Solid QBs with badass defenses can win Super Bowls.

13. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Unfortunately there are 35 passes in a game, not just the three on the highlight reel. Drew is struggling to learn the offense, including getting past the first read and reading plays correctly. We’re in Week 17 of his second season. It needs to start happening.
    Actually his coaches disagree they say differently both his OC and Coach have said there has been progression all year. These same rumblings happened with Allen, bad throws and all that crap but his coaching staff stuck with him because they saw the improvement they didn't care what fans, media pundits and message boarders think.....Locks issues are consistency in throws and his forcing of the football which causes turnovers, combine that with missing games for injury and maybe coming back to soon from a bad AC issue on his throwing shoulder its no surprise there are struggles.....

His timing is off with his WR's, but they currently aren't that great to begin with right now. There is def problems with him forcing it earlier in the season. However he has made strides at times all year. there were at least a couple games where he made plays to get us into position to win games and his supporting cast let him down. In fact he was given another good passing grade for yesterday against the chargers by PFF and his WR's were certainly a huge blame for the loss yesterday.

Its really crazy because before Jeudy shit the bed yesterday he had like 15 games under his belt and drew had like 17. Many give Jeudy a free pass even though he doesn't run the offense or QB it.....which is way harder then catching a damn ball

He lost his best weapon in week 2, Take the #1 wide out from any team and many of those Qb's struggle regardless of how good they are and how long they have played.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 12-29-2020 at 05:05 AM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Actually his coaches disagree they say differently both his OC and Coach have said there has been progression all year. These same rumblings happened with Allen, bad throws and all that crap but his coaching staff stuck with him because they saw the improvement they didn't care what fans, media pundits and message boarders think.....Locks issues are consistency in throws and his forcing of the football which causes turnovers, combine that with missing games for injury and maybe coming back to soon from a bad AC issue on his throwing shoulder its no surprise there are struggles.....

His timing is off with his WR's, but they currently aren't that great to begin with right now. There is def problems with him forcing it earlier in the season. However he has made strides at times all year. there were at least a couple games where he made plays to get us into position to win games and his supporting cast let him down. In fact he was given another good passing grade for yesterday against the chargers by PFF and his WR's were certainly a huge blame for the loss yesterday.

Its really crazy because before Jeudy shit the bed yesterday he had like 15 games under his belt and drew had like 17. Many give Jeudy a free pass even though he doesn't run the offense or QB it.....which is way harder then catching a damn ball

He lost his best weapon in week 2, Take the #1 wide out from any team and many of those Qb's struggle regardless of how good they are and how long they have played.
    Lol. Coaches say the same shit about every young quarterback ever. If they are in film rooms telling him he isn’t missing reads and throws he should make, which we can all see, they should be fired on spot. It’s also their job to basically lie to you and me about it. It is what it is.

I ate my crow on Jeudy’s struggles Sunday. He deserves the criticism he’s receiving. So does Lock. It sucks he plays the hard position?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

A reminder that 32 people in the entire world get to start at quarterback in the NFL each Sunday. 32 whole people. It’s the elite of the elite of the elite of the elite, probably to the Nth.

I just get tired of people bitching about that position receiving criticism. It’s hard to do it. We all get that. But the standards are really, really high, regardless of time spent at the position. If you can’t take reading people evaluating the position critically, maybe go do a puzzle.

17. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Lol. Coaches say the same shit about every young quarterback ever. If they are in film rooms telling him he isn’t missing reads and throws he should make, which we can all see, they should be fired on spot. It’s also their job to basically lie to you and me about it. It is what it is.

I ate my crow on Jeudy’s struggles Sunday. He deserves the criticism he’s receiving. So does Lock. It sucks he plays the hard position?
    Hmm if only I mentioned Drew's struggles...oh wait I did and have also been critical of him at times as well. The problem is there are people saying lock isn't the one like its gospel and they happened to be some of the same ones who roasted Allen for 2 years and have now backpedalled. Now after 17 18 games Lock supposedly isn't it with all the variables thrown his way in which maybe 3 elite type rookie QB's if that could overcome, but Jeudy just needs time after 15 games?.....its hypocritical and BS....its not me who needs to do or figure out a puzzle ...this isn't that hard to be objective about.....

Lock has struggled at times and anyone who says he hasn't isn't being objective, but with all the variables its pretty clear to understand why that might be. Its also clear to understand why Jeudy might be struggling and some of that is timing between him and lock which losing a off-season contributed in a big way to. Being objective about Jeudy or lock should not be hard. Lock hasn't played well this year and Jeudy has been crap for a 15th overall pick. Both require patience based off the scenarios that occurred this year in a new offense. Its really pretty easy to see.

Lock hurt and ineffective at times. Sutton out for year. Fant hurt and also had some drops this year, Hamilton Drops and ineffectiveness, Hamler drops and ineffective play, Bolles slipped the last few weeks, RT a revolving door of so so performance where we somehow decided to keep the best RT we have inactive for the last 2 weeks. Risner regressed from last year. Cushberry exposed all year against stronger DL, Glasgow hurt and infective. Lindsay hurt and ineffective most of the year. Gordon up until the last couple weeks, turnover prone, and ineffective. Its really not hard to be objective here about why the offense struggled and how everyone to include lock has a part to play in that blame. Maybe it is new scheme and no off-season. To many variables to justify a reason to just give up on lock or Jeudy and move on at this point....

Bring in competition fine, but do we really waste a 1st rd pick on a guy like fields, lance or Wilson who all serious issues to work on for the NFL as well and will also need 2-3 years to develop in a system.......with may I remind you zero guarantee they wont be a bust either.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

A reminder that 32 people in the entire world get to start at quarterback in the NFL each Sunday. 32 whole people. It’s the elite of the elite of the elite of the elite, probably to the Nth.

I just get tired of people bitching about that position receiving criticism. It’s hard to do it. We all get that. But the standards are really, really high, regardless of time spent at the position. If you can’t take reading people evaluating the position critically, maybe go do a puzzle.
    I would take it further in that maybe only 5 are actually the elite of the elite........Also the part in bold is dumb I believe in criticism of players I do it all the time but it should be objective and fair. Its why I can see problems with the entire offense and realize its just not lock alone and its a linked unit with many variables that caused problems, while also understanding as young as the offense is they may just need the time they didn't get this year to be who we think they can be or want them to be.

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU

FA
    1. With what money

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I would take it further in that maybe only 5 are actually the elite of the elite........Also the part in bold is dumb I believe in criticism of players I do it all the time but it should be objective and fair. Its why I can see problems with the entire offense and realize its just not lock alone and its a linked unit with many variables that caused problems, while also understanding as young as the offense is they may just need the time they didn't get this year to be who we think they can be or want them to be.
    Mo never said Lock alone is the problem.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information