Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Darnold

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I just don't see how any are better than Lock (and his potential).

MO be damned.
    I agree there is no one that will be available this offseason that will be a clear upgrade. But I also think we should bring in someone with a pulse who will be a good backup but could also push for the job.
    Stafford via trade
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Stafford via trade
    No.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

How is Andrew Luck's health? I would like to see Andrew Luck in Denver uniforms. However, it won't happen. Darn.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    How is Andrew Luck's health? I would like to see Andrew Luck in Denver uniforms. However, it won't happen. Darn.
    Luck isn’t coming back.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

**** it, lets rescue DeShawn Watson from Houston. He deserves better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    **** it, lets rescue DeShawn Watson from Houston. He deserves better.
    They fired the idiot GM, so that chance is probably gone.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    They fired the idiot GM, so that chance is probably gone.
    Anything is possible if we're willing to give them a fair trade, which might include Von Miller and an adequate number of adequately high draft picks, but I guarantee it would inflame the wrath of Texans fans.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Anything is possible if we're willing to give them a fair trade, which might include Von Miller and an adequate number of adequately high draft picks, but I guarantee it would inflame the wrath of Texans fans.
    I don't think Von Miller is as valuable a trade asset as a lot of you think he is. He has a big contract, is on the wrong side of 30, and coming off a serious injury.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I don't think Von Miller is as valuable a trade asset as a lot of you think he is. He has a big contract, is on the wrong side of 30, and coming off a serious injury.
    That's why it would take a lot of draft picks to make it work, unless you can think of someone else that could be the Broncos' headliner of the trade.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

That's why it would take a lot of draft picks to make it work, unless you can think of someone else that could be the Broncos' headliner of the trade.
    I don't think there is a player on our roster who would fetch us a top tier QB in a trade. Sure we could trade our first round picks for years on out, but at a certain point that becomes too big of a gamble.

I get that we all want a stud QB but there is a reason those guys never get traded. They are really hard to find, and when you have one, the amount it would take a team to actually consider trading them is usually way more than any reasonable team would give.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

I don't think there is a player on our roster who would fetch us a top tier QB in a trade. Sure we could trade our first round picks for years on out, but at a certain point that becomes too big of a gamble.

I get that we all want a stud QB but there is a reason those guys never get traded. They are really hard to find, and when you have one, the amount it would take a team to actually consider trading them is usually way more than any reasonable team would give.
    I completely agree with you that you have a better chance of winning the Powerball jackpot then any team has of prying Watson away from the Texans no matter what is offered in return, especially after giving up their #1 WR for a worn out RB and a bag of chips last offseason.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I completely agree with you that you have a better chance of winning the Powerball jackpot then any team has of prying Watson away from the Texans no matter what is offered in return, especially after giving up their #1 WR for a worn out RB and a bag of chips last offseason.
    It really is too bad they fired O'Brien before he could sell off the rest of their team. McDaniels was probably even jealous of that level of trading off talent.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Stafford via trade
    Strong chance Stafford will be cut to avoid $10M roster bonus in Feb/March (I think I got that date right)
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

We are in no position to rehab any struggling and mentally broken prospects careers... No to Darnold, no to Wentz, no to any other recent flameouts... This would be such an unbelievably bad fit for them -- another tough market who is starved for winning, has no patience and no established system to plug them into.

We either need an established veteran who doesn't lack in confidence and can come in and run the show from minute #1 -- or we need to draft and develop someone who can grow with the system.

I don't personally like Stafford, I think he will always throw too many INTs - but he is the type of veteran who would be a better fit than these damaged goods young guys.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

We are in no position to rehab any struggling and mentally broken prospects careers... No to Darnold, no to Wentz, no to any other recent flameouts... This would be such an unbelievably bad fit for them -- another tough market who is starved for winning, has no patience and no established system to plug them into.

We either need an established veteran who doesn't lack in confidence and can come in and run the show from minute #1 -- or we need to draft and develop someone who can grow with the system.

I don't personally like Stafford, I think he will always throw too many INTs - but he is the type of veteran who would be a better fit than these damaged goods young guys.

I want to disagree with you because I think Wentz is a product of the eagles and not himself sucking, so I would love him here. But you are right.
    Ideally- we suck enough to get fields.
    Ideally#2- TL goes back to school so as not to be a jet. We suck enough next year we get him or Lock is boss enough next year we dont need him.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information