Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 covid positives Thursday.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    This is just a recipe for getting someone injured. That's my concern.
    These guys are all world class athletes, I'd hope they can handle it. The fact that we have a guy who did start at QB for a power conference team and did ok should at least let us run a somewhat normal/basic offense.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    These guys are all world class athletes, I'd hope they can handle it. The fact that we have a guy who did start at QB for a power conference team and did ok should at least let us run a somewhat normal/basic offense.
    The guy playing is a 10th string wr.

I get he played qb/wr in college. Hell, P Lynch looked like a decent qb in college. A lot changes playing an N F L defense and the saints ain't no group of slouches.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

This is just a recipe for getting someone injured. That's my concern.
    The NFL in general is just kind of a recipe for getting people injured, but point taken.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The guy playing is a 10th string wr.
    Sure, but he at least knows how to play the position. Putting someone like Freeman back there who has never played QB could have been far more disastrous. This guy has at least run an offense in a major college conference. And he's thrown a TD pass in a competitive football game more recently than the QB the saints are starting!

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The NFL in general is just kind of a recipe for getting people injured, but point taken.
    Of course. But that's expected on guys playing week in and out, this guy hasn't played qb in awhile, hasn't played with these guys. This could be really really bad. Hope he comes out the other side ok. Who goes in if he gets hurt freeman, then who? ****... this is going to be ******.

7. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Let Hinton cook.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Of course. But that's expected on guys playing week in and out, this guy hasn't played qb in awhile, hasn't played with these guys. This could be really really bad. Hope he comes out the other side ok. Who goes in if he gets hurt freeman, then who? ****... this is going to be ******.
    Probably just straight wildcat if he goes down. At that point I think we're content just to run 3 times and punt the rest of the game just to get out alive.

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I really do understand your concern.

But I’m also the one advocating for a new quarterback every play and he calls his own play in the huddle.

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    So all our QBs are out because Lock, Rypien, and Bortles didn’t wear masks and were near Driskel who tested positive but is asymptomatic. Had they worn masks, this supposedly wouldn’t be a big deal and they could play tomorrow. Subsequently, all three have tested negative. They don’t wear masks on the field or on the sideline. Wearing masks doesn’t stop you from getting covid, it supposedly helps minimize you from spreading it to others. Not getting political here, but does this sound ridiculous, stupid, and absolutely punitive by the league to anyone else? If Pat Bowlen was still alive, does anyone think he’d let this ridiculous nonsense go on?

It’s the dumbest thing I think I’ve ever seen. It’s pure covid stupidity. It’s not player safety they’re worried about here. How is the NFLPA okay with this?
    If all four, including Driskel, had been wearing masks, per league rules, the risk of transmission would have been lower, but more important, they wouldn't be ineligible.

Worse, they lied to contact tracers.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Probably just straight wildcat if he goes down. At that point I think we're content just to run 3 times and punt the rest of the game just to get out alive.
    It’s going to be close to that even with Hinton. Basically a spread option. Maybe a few very basic passes to keep them honest.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    If all four, including Driskel, had been wearing masks, per league rules, the risk of transmission would have been lower, but more important, they wouldn't be ineligible.

Worse, they lied to contact tracers.
    Yeah, you can be mad at the rules all day, and that might be fair criticism, but these guys effed it up. I'm most disappointed that a vet like Bortles didn't know better.

Yeah, you can be mad at the rules all day, and that might be fair criticism, but these guys effed it up. I'm most disappointed that a vet like Bortles didn't know better.
    Also, for Broncos not to have one of those four QBs (if not two of them) isolated from QB room and participating remotely is ridiculous.

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

They definitely effed up, but the NFL should handle all the same. Ravens coach hid symptoms, didn't report, wore no mask and they get 2 reschedules. Blah. Same old NFL bs.

They could have rescheduled Broncos to Tuesday just the same as they did the Ravens.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Lying to the contact tracers is bad. That will probably trigger some league discipline.

23. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

GEM

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information