Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020-2021 NBA Basketball

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    I just want to see Westbrook clock Lebron the moment he tries to scold him on the court when he pretends to be a leader of men.
    I forgive you.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Throwing in the first round draft pick to Washington is so painful. If anything we should flip picks and get their 15th overall selection.

I'm dead inside.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

NTL's prediction: King87 changes team allegiances. . . again. Maybe Brooklyn because Durant.

Then the Lakers win a championship with Westbrook all but guaranteeing Westbrook a spot in the NBA Hall of Fame.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Jeudy

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Throwing in the first round draft pick to Washington is so painful. If anything we should flip picks and get their 15th overall selection.

I'm dead inside.
    Heck no. You gave us trash for an all star caliber player. Thank you for the pick. Even though I don’t like what we did with it.
    Last edited by Fangios Meatballs; 07-30-2021 at 02:11 AM.

5. The Following User High Fived Fangios Meatballs For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Westbrook is already a HoFer.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Westbrook is already a HoFer.
    So what's the problem, really? You said it many times, but assume we think that RWB will be hungry for eternal glory and is willing to be Robin to LBJ's Batman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Jeudy

Westbrook is a massive upgrade at the PG position. Not many players if any play with as much energy and passion as he does. His ability to get to the rim at will. His amazing rebounding ability. Ability to set up his teammates. He is a leader and he will give you everything he has.

No he's not the best shooter. He's almost equal to Shroder from 3. He needs to fix his FT% also. Not sure why he's below average from FT% when he used to be 80+%. But he does so many other things so well. Anyway I think he will fit in great with Bron and AD. When the Wizards originally traded for Westbrook i wasn't happy. John Wall was my guy. I was not a huge Westbrook fan. But westbrook earned my respect this past season. He deserves a ring and i hope he gets it. I know the Wiz have maybe .001% of competing this season, so I'll root for players I support (Lebron, PG13, Westbrook, + some others).
    They don’t make real men anymore

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Fangios Meatballs For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    So what's the problem, really? You said it many times, but assume we think that RWB will be hungry for eternal glory and is willing to be Robin to LBJ's Batman.
    He can’t shoot. At all. He’s awful in the playoffs because he does the same thing repeatedly. He lowers his head and drives to the bucket regardless of situation. The floor spacing is now even worse than what it was. And the salary he has is massive.

It’s a flawed fit with a flawed and unaware player. In order for this to work WB will have to reduce his role and play smart ball, he’s never been interested in doing so.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

While I share all of King's sentiments on RWB -- he's one of the least efficient players in NBA history -- I actually think this is probably as good of a fit as possible for him. He can't out-alpha Lebron in the playoffs, so he'll be forced to fall in line and stop playing hero ball all the time -- and when they are resting Davis' bleeding vag for half the season RWB can carry them through the dog days.

13. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I think you should be more respectful to Davis, but that’s mostly because Buff is a ho!

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

My last signature lasted over ten years. Thanks King, it's priceless.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    My last signature lasted over ten years. Thanks King, it's priceless.
    I've always been right on WB.

It's why you've always resented me about the subject matter. Because despite my passion, my accuracy has always been there. It sucks. My team died last night.

17. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I've always been right on WB.

It's why you've always resented me about the subject matter. Because despite my passion, my accuracy has always been there. It sucks. My team died last night.
    I never truly argued with you about Westbrook's faults. What I resented was the manner in which you ran down Thunder fans for being fans of their team and their players.

Westbrook has a lot of faults. He's far from perfect. But he gives you 110% of what it is he has every night. Sometimes that's a fault too. He gets too emotional sometimes. But you gotta take the good with the bad. I love the guy. Not because he's the best, but because he doesn't ever give up despite not being the best. He never backs down, even when he's facing the impossible.

19. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I never truly argued with you about Westbrook's faults. What I resented was the manner in which you ran down Thunder fans for being fans of their team and their players.

Westbrook has a lot of faults. He's far from perfect. But he gives you 110% of what it is he has every night. Sometimes that's a fault too. He gets too emotional sometimes. But you gotta take the good with the bad. I love the guy. Not because he's the best, but because he doesn't ever give up despite not being the best. He never backs down, even when he's facing the impossible.

It's all too easy to root for the Michael Jordans and the Lebron James's of the world. Being a fan isn't always easy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Oh no, you fought with me over Westbrook's faults for quite awhile.

You hated the fact that I didn't let OKC fans and Presti off the hook. The best player on the team took all the blame while a fan and front office player who was more culpable for losing got off entirely. A guy who was tired of seeing stat-padding braindead play left. Left a franchise that was cheap and gave away Harden for peanuts. A front office that endorsed a HC who never tried to make WB play like, for instance, a guy who jacks a three pointer with 18 seconds left on the clock, with two minutes to go in the game, with a small lead.

Westbrook plays hero ball all the time. He's well known for focusing on what stats he needs to complete a triple double. The infamous clip of the Warriors laughing at him for doing so will always be etched into the minds of fans. So sure, giving us 110 percent of that is fine. But defiantly shooting jumpers when you have no jump shot is a waste of time. He's made the entire triple double stat meaningless; there's nothing heroic about him.

I used to root for him. Back when he was in UCLA. When people said he wasn't a lotter pick because he wasn't a PG or a SG. I saw a guy who was just a guard. A guy who was a rabid player. I loved it. And then he never bothered to work on his game or his situational awareness. A concrete example: Russ is a solid catch-and-shot three point shooter. He's at 37% for that either in his career, or last season -I do forgot- and he knows that. So why does he randomly jack up three pointers? Why does he insist on getting rebounds when the team would often do better with a big getting it?

I now have to watch this man adorn a jersey he's unworthy of. To be a Laker is to be a winner. Russ isn't a winner. I now have to watch this guy presumably have a 'great' regular season just to fall apart in the postseason. It's awful.

22. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information