Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

"Goes right at the defensive player of the year!"

Need I continue?

I've learned that you guys suck at playoff predictions
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    With record injuries occurring in the playoffs, what would you expect?

The Nets beat MIL with a healthy roster, or just fully healthy second star - that's a given and the healthier team won

The Suns had a hard time with a busted LA roster, but also missed CP3, and still the healthier team won

Is that true for every series? I wouldn't be able to decipher which team was healthier in the Utah LAC series, but at the end of the series Mitchell was really banged up, their guard was playing his first game in the series - arguably the healthier team won

With record injuries occurring in the playoffs, what would you expect?

The Nets beat MIL with a healthy roster, or just fully healthy second star - that's a given and the healthier team won

The Suns had a hard time with a busted LA roster, but also missed CP3, and still the healthier team won

Is that true for every series? I wouldn't be able to decipher which team was healthier in the Utah LAC series, but at the end of the series Mitchell was really banged up, their guard was playing his first game in the series - arguably the healthier team won
    Save the excuses and pick the conference finals so I can bet against it and make money already. Yeesh.
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    What are people's picks for the second round? Consider this free money if you're betting against me.

Jazz/Mavs or Clips: I'm just going ahead and picking this one now because I feel like the Jazz win either way. They are healthy and firing on all cylinders right now. Dallas is too relient on Luka and the Clips are just a mess. This is the series I feel the most confident about either way.

Suns/Nuggets: I feel like this is the series where losing Murray catches up to Denver. They've skated by without him so far, but I think the Suns will just have too much scoring. Jokic is the best player in the series so that definitely matters, but the Suns just polished off LeBron so I think they can handle it.

Nets/Bucks: This is my pick I believe in the least, but I'm picking the Bucks to pull the upset. They just seem like the most consistently impressive team right now. They made the defending Eastern conference champs look like a G-league team. They have been so close the last few years and I think this is their best chance to break through. I think the nets are still gettable with how little this team has played together. I'm prepared to look really dumb for this take.

76ers/Hawks: Embiid's health makes this a really hard one to pick. I still think the Hawks are at least a year and another player away, but they could take the series if Embiid is out. I'm going to tentatively pick Philly on the hopes that he can at least play a few games.

Enjoy your free money picking against me!
    Tf are you taking about? I've picked 2 of the 3 correct so far, including the Bucks which was my big upset pick.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Save the excuses and pick the conference finals so I can bet against it and make money already. Yeesh.
    I pity you.

Tf are you taking about? I've picked 2 of the 3 correct so far, including the Bucks which was my big upset pick.
    So you'll be potentially sitting at.50% including losing your "most confident" pick. Ya, totally killing it.
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

So you'll be potentially sitting at.50% including losing your "most confident" pick. Ya, totally killing it.
    Or I'll be 3-1, which will make you a shit ton of money in Vegas. The Utah series was honestly baffling. I'm not sure how they went from up 2-0 in that series with homecourt and Kawahi going out, to losing the next 4. That was inexplicable.

But if I manage to go 3-1 in this round with all the crazy injuries that happened, you'll worship me as your NBA picks god.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Btw, my western conference pick is Phoenix. Didn't realize that series started today so I promise I'm not cheating because they are winning right now. I just don't think the clippers can win an entire series without Leonard. Maybe they'll prove me wrong again.

11. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Or I'll be 3-1, which will make you a shit ton of money in Vegas. The Utah series was honestly baffling. I'm not sure how they went from up 2-0 in that series with homecourt and Kawahi going out, to losing the next 4. That was inexplicable.

But if I manage to go 3-1 in this round with all the crazy injuries that happened, you'll worship me as your NBA picks god.
    Gobert cannot function in the playoffs when teams go five-out, and he was literally hunted on the field

The Jazz also are all shooting and defensive scheme; when the shooting wanes they have little on offense sans Mitchell

Utah is literally built for the regular season - they're a bunch of try hards and LAC finally getting a coach capable of in-game adjustments was the final blow

I hate them so much, Wave, so very much!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Trae Young is the alpha left in the playoffs.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

That poor young man is going to run into a buzzsaw next round

It seems inevitable MIL wins

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

This might be the first time in my life I'll be completely ok with any of the 4 last teams winning it.

17. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

This might be the first time in my life I'll be completely ok with any of the 4 last teams winning it.
    You're dead to me, fam

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

You're dead to me, fam
    Sorry man. I like LeBron, but if he can't win it, I'd rather it be someone who hasn't done it in a while.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information