Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020-2021 NBA Basketball

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Wow...
    where am i wrong? the rings?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    where am i wrong? the rings?
    The defense and all around offensive game, although I can't punish Dame too much for shooting the second/third most efficient shot in the game a bunch.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Put Damian on the Nuggets and they would be winning chips for the next decade.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

What are people's picks for the second round? Consider this free money if you're betting against me.

Jazz/Mavs or Clips: I'm just going ahead and picking this one now because I feel like the Jazz win either way. They are healthy and firing on all cylinders right now. Dallas is too relient on Luka and the Clips are just a mess. This is the series I feel the most confident about either way.

Suns/Nuggets: I feel like this is the series where losing Murray catches up to Denver. They've skated by without him so far, but I think the Suns will just have too much scoring. Jokic is the best player in the series so that definitely matters, but the Suns just polished off LeBron so I think they can handle it.

Nets/Bucks: This is my pick I believe in the least, but I'm picking the Bucks to pull the upset. They just seem like the most consistently impressive team right now. They made the defending Eastern conference champs look like a G-league team. They have been so close the last few years and I think this is their best chance to break through. I think the nets are still gettable with how little this team has played together. I'm prepared to look really dumb for this take.

76ers/Hawks: Embiid's health makes this a really hard one to pick. I still think the Hawks are at least a year and another player away, but they could take the series if Embiid is out. I'm going to tentatively pick Philly on the hopes that he can at least play a few games.

Enjoy your free money picking against me!

5. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Put Damian on the Nuggets and they would be winning chips for the next decade.
    Put him on the lakers and then I’d be pantsless the next decade

7. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Put him on the lakers and then I’d be pantsless the next decade
    If only Slim was still here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    If only Slim was still here.
    I used to love that guy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    What are people's picks for the second round? Consider this free money if you're betting against me.

Jazz/Mavs or Clips: I'm just going ahead and picking this one now because I feel like the Jazz win either way. They are healthy and firing on all cylinders right now. Dallas is too relient on Luka and the Clips are just a mess. This is the series I feel the most confident about either way.

Suns/Nuggets: I feel like this is the series where losing Murray catches up to Denver. They've skated by without him so far, but I think the Suns will just have too much scoring. Jokic is the best player in the series so that definitely matters, but the Suns just polished off LeBron so I think they can handle it.

Nets/Bucks: This is my pick I believe in the least, but I'm picking the Bucks to pull the upset. They just seem like the most consistently impressive team right now. They made the defending Eastern conference champs look like a G-league team. They have been so close the last few years and I think this is their best chance to break through. I think the nets are still gettable with how little this team has played together. I'm prepared to look really dumb for this take.

76ers/Hawks: Embiid's health makes this a really hard one to pick. I still think the Hawks are at least a year and another player away, but they could take the series if Embiid is out. I'm going to tentatively pick Philly on the hopes that he can at least play a few games.

Enjoy your free money picking against me!
    I think Philly is better than Atlanta even without Embiid.

There is a clear blueprint for stopping Giannis in the playoffs - just deny him the paint and make them out shoot you. I think Brooklyn is the best team in the league and will win the championship this year.

Suns/Nuggets will be interesting. The Nuggs still have a ton of talent, but it's just not the same without Jamal. You could see Jokic getting frustrated with teammates in the Portland series. Jokic will keep them in it but if Paul's should holds up, the Suns will beat them with depth... Kind of a fun position for the Nuggets to come in as underdogs despite being in the conference finals last year.

I don't really trust the Jazz, but they're better than both the Clippers and Mavs. The Clippers still scare me more than the Mavs, so I'm not ready to bury them yet.

11. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I agree that Brooklyn is probably the prohibitive favorite at this point, but I think if they are going to be gotten during this big 3 era for them, this would be the year it happens. Kinda like that first year with LeBron in Miami. And of all the teams left, I think the Bucks might have the best chance to get them. If Brooklyn gets past this series, I have a hard time seeing who else beats them.

I'm much higher on Utah than you. I think they are clearly the best team in the West. They looked vulnerable after game 1 against Memphis when they didn't have Mitchell, but he makes them a completely different team. If they stay healthy, I'll actually be fairly surprised if they don't make it out of the West. I might trust the Suns more if I trusted Paul's health more.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I agree that Brooklyn is probably the prohibitive favorite at this point, but I think if they are going to be gotten during this big 3 era for them, this would be the year it happens. Kinda like that first year with LeBron in Miami. And of all the teams left, I think the Bucks might have the best chance to get them. If Brooklyn gets past this series, I have a hard time seeing who else beats them.

I'm much higher on Utah than you. I think they are clearly the best team in the West. They looked vulnerable after game 1 against Memphis when they didn't have Mitchell, but he makes them a completely different team. If they stay healthy, I'll actually be fairly surprised if they don't make it out of the West. I might trust the Suns more if I trusted Paul's health more.
    Much like the Nuggets last year, the Jazz are going to have to beat somebody in the playoffs before anyone really takes them seriously. Granted, they were one Mike Conley shot away from advancing last year, but nevertheless, their reputation is that they're led by a a young guy who hasn't put it all together and a soft center who can't go toe to toe with the best centers in the league when it counts. Also I'm a homer and they are a rival.

I like that it seems like every team is beatable, I hope it doesn't turn out that Brooklyn is invincible.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Much like the Nuggets last year, the Jazz are going to have to beat somebody in the playoffs before anyone really takes them seriously. Granted, they were one Mike Conley shot away from advancing last year, but nevertheless, their reputation is that they're led by a a young guy who hasn't put it all together and a soft center who can't go toe to toe with the best centers in the league when it counts. Also I'm a homer and they are a rival.

I like that it seems like every team is beatable, I hope it doesn't turn out that Brooklyn is invincible.
    I don't necessarily think Utah is some all time great team, they just feel like the most complete team in the West to me right now. But really this feels like one of the most wide open years ever. I could see any team left in the West making the finals and really any team but Atlanta from the East.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Nuggets match up a little better with Phoenix than Portland, I think. Denver’s better defenders match up against Booker better than Lillard because Lillard is a point guard scorer, rather than a two guard scorer. And I know in today’s “position-less” league that shouldn’t matter, but with Paul the catalyst and not the main scorer it’s just a different dynamic. I think defense on Ayton is going to be a challenge, but I don’t think he can take over a game like Booker. I do think Campazzo and Morris can really piss off Paul, which could go either way in terms of who that benefits.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Nuggets match up a little better with Phoenix than Portland, I think. Denver’s better defenders match up against Booker better than Lillard because Lillard is a point guard scorer, rather than a two guard scorer. And I know in today’s “position-less” league that shouldn’t matter, but with Paul the catalyst and not the main scorer it’s just a different dynamic. I think defense on Ayton is going to be a challenge, but I don’t think he can take over a game like Booker. I do think Campazzo and Morris can really piss off Paul, which could go either way in terms of who that benefits.
    I think that's going to be the most fun series in this round.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I hope you all retire CP3, what a piece of shit.

Ayton players zero defense and gets lost out on the court at times. I don't think he's going to enjoy his time on the floor.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Damian Lillard to have 'major input' in selecting new Blazers head coach

After a disappointing fourth first-round exit in five seasons, the Portland Trail Blazers and Terry Stotts have agreed to mutually part ways, first reported by ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Now, as the franchise begins its search to replace the second-winningest coach in franchise history, Chris Haynes of Yahoo! Sports says Damian Lillard will have a sigificant say in who the Blazers hire.
    rest - https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest/...ers-head-coach

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information