Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020-2021 NBA Basketball

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'd agree that his game to eliminate GSW was more of a coming out party, but what he did last night isn't nothing. I don't think he's going to carry Memphis to an upset in this series or anything, but it's hard not to be excited for the future with the way he's blossomed down the stretch this year.
    He could have quit. But he kept balling

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

New York Knicks ban fan from Madison Square Garden for spitting on Atlanta Hawks' Trae Young

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...wks-trae-young

Fan who dumped popcorn on Russell Westbrook gets indefinite ban from Wells Fargo Center, loses Philadelphia 76ers season tickets

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...season-tickets

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    New York Knicks ban fan from Madison Square Garden for spitting on Atlanta Hawks' Trae Young

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...wks-trae-young

Fan who dumped popcorn on Russell Westbrook gets indefinite ban from Wells Fargo Center, loses Philadelphia 76ers season tickets

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...season-tickets

Good.

That kind of shit isnt even fandom, its thuggery. It has no place in sports.

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Good.

That kind of shit isnt even fandom, its thuggery. It has no place in sports.
    It's also criminal to waste popcorn on Russ.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    It's also criminal to waste popcorn on Russ.
    Reminds me of when a fan threw a beer at Dave Grohl during a show while he was crowd surfing. He caught it and drank from it, then chucked it and kept singing. Also of when someone threw water at drew lock and he picked it up and drank it and then went about his biz.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

9. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Maybe I'm in the minority with this take, but I'm kinda amazed at how riled up people are over the popcorn throw. It's freaking popcorn, it's not going to hurt anyone. He should definitely be banned from games but I'm seeing all kinds of takes that he should be charged criminally. I guess by the letter of the law it's assault or battery, but that's about as mild as assault could possibly be.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Maybe I'm in the minority with this take, but I'm kinda amazed at how riled up people are over the popcorn throw. It's freaking popcorn, it's not going to hurt anyone. He should definitely be banned from games but I'm seeing all kinds of takes that he should be charged criminally. I guess by the letter of the law it's assault or battery, but that's about as mild as assault could possibly be.
    I think a lot of it is how dramatic Russ was in his postgame comments. It's hard to know whether he's right and that fan harassment has sort of gotten out of control - or if he's just kind of soft relative to guys who came before him.

I will add that it's basically an American pastime to dump a beer on the opposing player if they jump up into the stands to celebrate in football. We need to preserve our rights!

12. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I think a lot of it is how dramatic Russ was in his postgame comments. It's hard to know whether he's right and that fan harassment has sort of gotten out of control - or if he's just kind of soft relative to guys who came before him.

I will add that it's basically an American pastime to dump a beer on the opposing player if they jump up into the stands to celebrate in football. We need to preserve our rights!
    I do get Russ' frustration. If someone dumped a tub of popcorn on my head while I was at work I'd probably be pissed off too. But all the media reaction to it has just been crazy to me. I also get that it can be a slippery slope where if you don't make an example of the popcorn guy maybe the next fan does something worse, but on the other hand it feels like maybe we've just become too soft as a society.

14. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I think it is because it doesn't exist in a vacuum. There's a lot of abuse going on in the stands towards players. This is relatively mild, but I also would be interested to know what else was being said to him.

For reference - Apparently the Morant family received a bunch of racist harassing during the game, from fans. Someone spit on a player during the knicks game.

I...I can't believe I'm sticking up for Westbrook.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I think it is because it doesn't exist in a vacuum. There's a lot of abuse going on in the stands towards players. This is relatively mild, but I also would be interested to know what else was being said to him.

For reference - Apparently the Morant family received a bunch of racist harassing during the game, from fans. Someone spit on a player during the knicks game.

I...I can't believe I'm sticking up for Westbrook.
    I definitely don't blame Russ for being upset. I just can't go as far as many people I've seen suggest to say that guy should be criminally charged. This feels like something the organization/NBA needs to police and let that be that.

18. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

I definitely don't blame Russ for being upset. I just can't go as far as many people I've seen suggest to say that guy should be criminally charged. This feels like something the organization/NBA needs to police and let that be that.
    I do think you can differentiate the popcorn and the spitting. If they criminally charged him I would understand it because of the pressure from the players and the fear of the malice and the palace part two.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I do think you can differentiate the popcorn and the spitting. If they criminally charged him I would understand it because of the pressure from the players and the fear of the malice and the palace part two.
    Yeah - I get it's "only popcorn", but if let slide, what's next?

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Players should be allowed to fight 1 fan per year.

23. The Following 5 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Players should be allowed to fight 1 fan per year.
    Oh no I'm going to catch Russ' fade!

25. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Oh no I'm going to catch Russ' fade!

27. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information