Thread: Been MIA for a bit, my apologies

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Default Been MIA for a bit, my apologies

First, allow me to apologize for my abrupt departure and for not being here for nearly two months now. I needed to take some time away from the hatred, vitriol, and overall being beat up over everyone else's squabbles and childish behavior for the past few years. Not to say I didn't take part at times, I certainly did, but it's a different stress when you're trying to do what's right/best for all and seeing the types of posts we have over the last few years, but particularly in the wake of the passing of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

I will be honest, I am not certain if I am returning on a permanent basis, or how this will work. My time away from here has been nice and has made abundantly clear to me that this forum is a source of stress for me. I don't need additional stress, I have enough intrinsic stress from the rest of the activities in my daily life.

I no longer wish to be associated or involved in the hatred, outright vitriolic, and at times disgusting behavior that is exhibited in our Politics and Religion forum. It's not healthy, productive, worthwhile, nor is it anything I want people that truly know me to associate with me.

I am in discussions with the moderator team to determine my future here and what it might look like, how we can make it work, and what I need to do to support them. I am not pulling the plug on being admin at this time, I am merely saying things need to change or I will probably be going that route.

So, again, my apologies for my absence and leaving you all in the lurch. I will be sure to let everyone know what changes are forthcoming in my status and what you might expect moving forward. Feel free to reach out with any concerns.

All the best, and thank you for being a part of the community.

-Davii

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

<3 you.

3. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Hey buddy.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

5. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

We could use your muscle in the ass-wiping thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    First, allow me to apologize for my abrupt departure and for not being here for nearly two months now. I needed to take some time away from the hatred, vitriol, and overall being beat up over everyone else's squabbles and childish behavior for the past few years. Not to say I didn't take part at times, I certainly did, but it's a different stress when you're trying to do what's right/best for all and seeing the types of posts we have over the last few years, but particularly in the wake of the passing of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

I will be honest, I am not certain if I am returning on a permanent basis, or how this will work. My time away from here has been nice and has made abundantly clear to me that this forum is a source of stress for me. I don't need additional stress, I have enough intrinsic stress from the rest of the activities in my daily life.

I no longer wish to be associated or involved in the hatred, outright vitriolic, and at times disgusting behavior that is exhibited in our Politics and Religion forum. It's not healthy, productive, worthwhile, nor is it anything I want people that truly know me to associate with me.

I am in discussions with the moderator team to determine my future here and what it might look like, how we can make it work, and what I need to do to support them. I am not pulling the plug on being admin at this time, I am merely saying things need to change or I will probably be going that route.

So, again, my apologies for my absence and leaving you all in the lurch. I will be sure to let everyone know what changes are forthcoming in my status and what you might expect moving forward. Feel free to reach out with any concerns.

-Davii

100% understand which is why i opted out of P&R for the last couple of weeks. The negativity was at an alltime high and very unhealthy in general.

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post

-Davii
    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    100% understand which is why i opted out of P&R for the last couple of weeks. The negativity was at an alltime high and very unhealthy in general.
    I think I opted out of politics at least a year ago for these same reasons; as well as church, FB, the primary Autism monthly meeting in Metro Phoenix, etc.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Just Eliminate the Politics altogether, and trim some fat.

Hope you are well. Thanks for all your work here.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

I will never understand how politics can turn everyone against each other. I just never will. Loyalty to a person youve never met that does not care about you nor know of your existence. Policies and ideas that no matter how much anyone talks about are not going to be changed by talking about them. Yet, for some reason they do turn on each other and do go ballistic over things they cannot change. I just do not get it.

I am glad you are back though. You need to post more. Stay clear of PR if you need. Tned is posting more and seems to be happier. I saw you got a Dave salute! Miss that guy. Come back to me!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I will never understand how politics can turn everyone against each other. I just never will. Loyalty to a person youve never met that does not care about you nor know of your existence. Policies and ideas that no matter how much anyone talks about are not going to be changed by talking about them. Yet, for some reason they do turn on each other and do go ballistic over things they cannot change. I just do not get it.

I am glad you are back though. You need to post more. Stay clear of PR if you need. Tned is posting more and seems to be happier. I saw you got a Dave salute! Miss that guy. Come back to me!
    Problem he, and mods, have is that their accounts see all and he can't just opt out of politics, so it's there in "new posts" whether they want to see it or not. My Tned account isn't a mod or admin account, but I have chosen to opt in, because I like politics, but I could tune it out by opting out if I want. The mods and Davii can't unless they were to setup non mod/admin accounts, but then it creates challenges with being able to moderate the forum.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information