Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 options for Denver if Drew Lock turns out not being the guy.

We're really playing into the Browns mentality. 9 games and we're calling for another qb.

The playcalling is questionable and the kid needs to go through his damn progressions. The long ball is an anomaly, not the every down play. Take 8-15 yd short passes, find your receivers, don't lock on, and use your weapons.

Do I want him gone? No. Do I want to see some progress before the end of the season to make that decision? Yes.

I'm tired of the qb and coach merry go round. Stick with something long enough to see if it's going to work. Should have stuck with Scangorello since he apparently understands Lock's positives and Shurmer apparently doesn't.

The one solid that is failing year after year is Elway and that is the only thing that has been a consistent.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    We're really playing into the Browns mentality. 9 games and we're calling for another qb.

The playcalling is questionable and the kid needs to go through his damn progressions. The long ball is an anomaly, not the every down play. Take 8-15 yd short passes, find your receivers, don't lock on, and use your weapons.

Do I want him gone? No. Do I want to see some progress before the end of the season to make that decision? Yes.

I'm tired of the qb and coach merry go round. Stick with something long enough to see if it's going to work. Should have stuck with Scangorello since he apparently understands Lock's positives and Shurmer apparently doesn't.

The one solid that is failing year after year is Elway and that is the only thing that has been a consistent.
    Who is calling for another QB? I don't understand this narrative. I haven't seen one single person on here call for Lock to be replaced.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Who is calling for another QB? I don't understand this narrative. I haven't seen one single person on here call for Lock to be replaced.
    Seen a few here and Broncos facebook is going nuts with dropping Lock.

6. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Seen a few here and Broncos facebook is going nuts with dropping Lock.
    I guess I don't see the point in calling out Twitter and Facebook fans here. Twitter and Facebook are where the dumbest of the dumb for every fanbase fire off their hot takes. Maybe I've missed it, but I don't remember seeing anyone on this board call for Lock's head.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I agree with virtually everything you said, but in regard to Elway - this team is loaded with talent right now, and that's because of him. You can question the talent of our backups, but this is a young team that once the "light switches on", will be very competitive.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I agree with virtually everything you said, but in regard to Elway - this team is loaded with talent right now, and that's because of him. You can question the talent of our backups, but this is a young team that once the "light switches on", will be very competitive.
    I agree with this

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

It seems Elway can get the players here, but generally can't get the right coaches. We'll see if Fangio works out.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Two things are really bad with Lock this season. One his footwork is horrible. I was impressed all the work he did his rookie season with his feet and getting set right, now it all over the place. The second is he locking into his read pre snap and forcing the ball or scrambling backwards until that WR/TE might get open.

Scag did a better job coaching him last year then Shula is.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

14. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Unless he completely implodes, Lock shouldn’t be benched this year. We need the last 10 games to evaluate his progress or lack thereof. If he can’t show moderate improvement in that span, we have to look for other options in the offseason. It sucks because Lock seems like a likable guy and easy to root for. He has the tools, but he has a lot of bad habits to overcome.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Greg Dulcich

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    It seems Elway can get the players here, but generally can't get the right coaches. We'll see if Fangio works out.
    Other than the timeout fiasco, I’m not sure how much blame Fangio can get. The defense is playing really well in Fangio’s scheme despite missing pro bowl players. The offense is putrid but I guess that’s the story of the last 6 seasons.

OTOH, maybe this team needs an offensive minded head coach. We need some stability on that side of the ball.

Stupidity is also a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it. ---- Pope John Paul II

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Bronco4ever For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Coaching and preparedness has a lot to do with why they're so bad IMO.

No identity outside the Defense. None.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Lock shouldn’t be benched. He threw some great balls last week - though there was a bomb on 3rd and short that almost cost Denver the game - I struggle to believe that’s 100% Lock’s call (and it was inexcusable).

He was terrible this week. He’s a rookie QB for all purposes thanks to him being injury prone. Let’s see how the rest of the year goes and if he can stay on the field. If he’s decent, we weren’t playing with our best receiver and let’s see what happens next year.

It just stinks that we have a potential HOF QB in the division and Herbert has looked mostly like he’s for real. It feels like to truly compete in this division it will need an All-Pro QB.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Do I want to see some progress before the end of the season to make that decision? Yes.

Actually the article says this very thing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco4ever View Post
    Unless he completely implodes, Lock shouldn’t be benched this year. We need the last 10 games to evaluate his progress or lack thereof. If he can’t show moderate improvement in that span, we have to look for other options in the offseason. It sucks because Lock seems like a likable guy and easy to root for. He has the tools, but he has a lot of bad habits to overcome.
    Yea, the general consensus of the article writer is Lock should finish out the season to see where his progress is. If he bombs than there are some options for Denver to contemplate.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

If Elway chooses Sam Darnold or Andy Dalton over a third year of Drew Lock, fire him.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

25. The Following 8 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information