Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 options for Denver if Drew Lock turns out not being the guy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default 5 options for Denver if Drew Lock turns out not being the guy.

https://predominantlyorange.com/2020...ons-drew-lock/

Through one and a half seasons with the Denver Broncos, Drew Lock has shown glimpses of what could be, but due to the small sample size, it has been just that: glimpses. If the small sample size doesn’t give John Elway confidence in the former Missouri product, he could be on the lookout for a new face of the franchise in the 2021 offseason, and there are a few reputable options on the table.

Now, let’s get a few things clear before we dive into potential replacements.

First, I am not saying Drew Lock isn’t the answer, I am merely speculating that if the Denver Broncos deem that he isn’t, there are guys they could be looking at.
    Second, whether or not he is the answer is clear depends heavily on how much we actually get to see Drew Lock play, which through two seasons, hasn’t been much due to injuries.

And finally, third, I hope that the following five options ultimately don’t matter because hopefully Drew Lock returns from his injury and shows the franchise that he is the one to lead the Denver Broncos for the next decade.

With that being said, let’s dive into five quarterback options that John Elway and Denver Broncos should look at this offseason if Drew Lock isn’t the guy.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I rest my case.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

4. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I rest my case.
    I didn't watch the game. Was Lock bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I didn't watch the game. Was Lock bad?
    Real bad.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

7. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Make mine Stafford, Lawrence and Fields will be out of reach and Lance isn’t a better prospect than Lock.

#9Games
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Real bad.
    In 4 games this year he’s thrown just 1 TD and 4 INTs, he’s completing only 55% of his passes. He’s the lowest rated starting QB in the league.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Hawk View Post
    In 4 games this year he’s thrown just 1 TD and 4 INTs, he’s completing only 55% of his passes. He’s the lowest rated starting QB in the league.
    I cant remember where i saw the article but it had something like Drew needs to improve his accuracy and consistency down the field if he is going to make strides as the starter for this team. Last year they made mention his downfield percentage was like 33% which was one of the lowest in the league. I cant imagine its much better this year so far.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Lock was hitting deep throws with ease vs the Cheatriots.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Ratings are cute.

#9Games
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Those AC injuries can be career ending, even if they don't seem that way. Throwing a football is pretty damned complicated, and jacking up the primary socket/lever doesn't make it better.

Or he could be 100% recovered. Just that the shoulder thing has torpedo'ed other QBs.

I'm hoping I'm full of hot air as usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3.games this year, but whose counting
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

15. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

It’s depressing because unless Denver has a top 5 QB they won’t have a chance for the next decade with Mahomes in KC.

Drew I thought played very well last week and wasn’t helped by his receivers. But he was terrible yesterday and has been very injury prone.

Future doesn’t look bright.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Right now Lock is playing like a young 23 year old with a low football IQ and zero sense of urgency. He has a very laissez faire attitude out there... 3rd and short? Great opportunity to take a very low percentage long shot at a deep ball. Clean pocket? Let me see if I can make it more difficult by running into the pressure. Another 3 and out? Meh, we'll get em next time...

He has great physical tools. He can fit the ball into small windows down the field. But he doesn't have the makeup of a franchise QB right now who is really living and dying with every possession. He needs to grow up fast or he's going to end up like Sam Darnold - just another wide eyed kid with a big arm who is in over their head.

18. The Following 6 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Right now Lock is playing like a young 23 year old with a low football IQ and zero sense of urgency. He has a very laissez faire attitude out there... 3rd and short? Great opportunity to take a very low percentage long shot at a deep ball. Clean pocket? Let me see if I can make it more difficult by running into the pressure. Another 3 and out? Meh, we'll get em next time...

He has great physical tools. He can fit the ball into small windows down the field. But he doesn't have the makeup of a franchise QB right now who is really living and dying with every possession. He needs to grow up fast or he's going to end up like Sam Darnold - just another wide eyed kid with a big arm who is in over their head.
    I think this is a fair assessment.

We just have to consider all of the weird things that went on last year (IR for too long and not being able to practice), the offseason (COVID = essentially no training camp and no preseason games), and again this season (getting hurt (again)).

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post

All this

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information