Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 options for Denver if Drew Lock turns out not being the guy.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Like I said.....

I'm seeing infinitely more posts right now bashing fans for wanting Lock gone than actual posts from people wanting Lock gone.

I disagree, but its okay.....the gameday thread was littered with lock bashing and the he might not be the guy talk with 1 bad game....Then we have this thread about options if lock isn't the guy.....Those threads dont exists if people aren't already looking at other options....this isn't to bash North either because while its his thread I don't actually believe he is ready to give up on Lock....

There is smoke building about Lock however in the fan base, and its kinda dumb....seeing as its 8 starts and he really only played bad 1 of those.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I disagree, but its okay.....the gameday thread was littered with lock bashing and the he might not be the guy talk with 1 bad game....Then we have this thread about options if lock isn't the guy.....Those threads dont exists if people aren't already looking at other options....this isn't to bash North either because while its his thread I don't actually believe he is ready to give up on Lock....

There is smoke building about Lock however in the fan base, and its kinda dumb....seeing as its 8 starts and he really only played bad 1 of those.....
    First of all: lol game threads. Those are always over-reactionary and heat of the moment.

Second, I don't think it's dumb to have concern over his play. He just hasn't been great this year, and it's ok to say that. That doesn't mean he won't catch fire, doesn't mean he won't be our guy for the future, doesn't mean anyone wants him replaced right now. Doesn't mean any of that. It just means that right now, he looks mediocre. And it's not like it's just dumb emotional Broncos fans saying this. This is pretty much the national consensus and the analytics hate him.

Again, none of this is to say he won't turn it around once he starts getting some guys back and gets more comfortable. But the current state of things is what it is.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Like I said.....

I'm seeing infinitely more posts right now bashing fans for wanting Lock gone than actual posts from people wanting Lock gone.
    Well, except for all the “options to replace Lock” threads that float around. Some ******* idiots even said Andy Dalton! How stupid. I’d rather lose with Lock than with Dalton. Dalton is a ******* loser.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Well, except for all the “options to replace Lock” threads that float around. Some ******* idiots even said Andy Dalton! How stupid. I’d rather lose with Lock than with Dalton. Dalton is a ******* loser.
    No one here said Dalton should replace Lock. His name was brought up as an option to be a backup next year.

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

No one here said Dalton should replace Lock. His name was brought up as an option to be a backup next year.
    Exactly. I posted the article because it was an interesting take but it doesnt necessarily mean that i personally agree with everything they brought up. Im with you i would much rather just draft another guy if it came down to Lock not working out.

9. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

And regardless how good Lock is this year, we can't go into next year with the likes of Rypien/Driskel as the backup. We need something who can come in and be a competent starter. Dalton, Bortles, whoever.
    Yeah, Dalton... the guy who managed 3 points on an offense with Zeke Elliot, Amari Cooper and Ceedee Lamb... what in the living shit are we even talking about? Rypien is better than Dalton. And apparently Bortles too seeing as how they both competed for the backup spot and Rypien won...

*Oh and disclaimer, I think Rypien is a scrub.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yeah, Dalton... the guy who managed 3 points on an offense with Zeke Elliot, Amari Cooper and Ceedee Lamb... what in the living shit are we even talking about? Rypien is better than Dalton. And apparently Bortles too seeing as how they both competed for the backup spot and Rypien won...

*Oh and disclaimer, I think Rypien is a scrub.
    Dalton is just an example. Really anyone who has at least started and won games in the NFL I think would be an upgrade over Rypien.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Its Lock's team he should get his 3 years to prove it. I agree with having a competent number 2 though. A case could be made for Bortles there more so then Dalton....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

13. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

As far as Dalton goes, Dallas is such a trainwreck I'm not sure how fair it is to judge his stint in Dallas. They might have the worst o-line in football right now. He led the Bengals to the playoffs multiple times. As far as a backup goes, we could do way worse. He's had far more success as a starter than Bortles for example.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

I look forward to the day, that we bitching about 3 string outside backer vs our starting QB.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

16. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

He’s got no soul.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

You're hyperbolizing the fanbase's reaction. Almost no one here is saying any of those people suck.
    There is literally a “Fire So-and-So” thread for 3 of the 5 people mentioned.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    There is literally a “Fire So-and-So” thread for 3 of the 5 people mentioned.
    Those literally get started as a meme for everyone we hire.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I think Jadeds account was jacked by King Poet. Because someone has to say they're right and we're all idiots for something no one said.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I think Jadeds account was jacked by King Poet. Because someone has to say they're right and we're all idiots for something no one said.
    **** you.

Would Poet say that?
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information