Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 205

Thread: 5 options for Denver if Drew Lock turns out not being the guy.

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    46,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    If Elway chooses Sam Darnold or Andy Dalton over a third year of Drew Lock, fire him.
    Dalton would be a perfectly non-threatening backup but yeah, no thanks to Darnold.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    96,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Dalton would be a perfectly non-threatening backup but yeah, no thanks to Darnold.
    You know perfectly well they’d bring in Dalton for an “open competition.” Either play the kid or don’t play the kid, and if you don’t play the kid go find a real solution in the draft.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

  3. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:


  4. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    46,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You know perfectly well they’d bring in Dalton for an “open competition.” Either play the kid or don’t play the kid, and if you don’t play the kid go find a real solution in the draft.
    I don't know that perfectly well. If their intention is to bring in someone for competition there will likely be way better options than Dalton out there.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  5. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


  6. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    46,649

    Default

    I will, say, though, I'm typically of the mind that if a QB is really the guy, he should be able to handle someone being brought in to compete. If that's enough to cause him to collapse, then it's better to find out early that he can't handle adversity. If he keeps playing like this the rest of the year, I don't see why he should be handed the job next year. I'm sure Jaded will twist this as me wanting him replaced, but I just want the best QB possible playing here. If that's Lock, awesome. I hope it is. But I don't think he's at the point where he's earned not having any competition for the job. But to be clear, I don't think under any circumstances he should be benched this year. No one behind him is even possibly the answer, and this year needs to be used at this point to assess if he's the guy or if a competition is needed.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  7. #35
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel
    Posts
    77,774

    Default

    All i know is everyone was telling me a couple of years ago that i was wrong for disagreeing with the movie the Cardinals made to oust Rosen and draft Murray. Turned out i was the one that was wrong and the Cardinals were right. If Lock plummets the rest of the year i do think Denver will have to seriously consider drafting a replacement and/or sign or trade for a guy like Stafford, etc. I saw MO post some stats about the way Lock has played so far this year and its not all that impressive with this last game being one of his worst outings. Good news for Lock is he will have the rest of the year to try and show he can be the guy going forward but im not really seeing that right now with his play. If that angers or triggers the snowflakes of this board than so be it.

  8. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    26,008

    Default

    Was Matt Ryan on that list? A buddy brought up his name yesterday during a classic Broncos fan meltdown.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “Look at this ... look at what they make you give”
    “I’m just different!”

    John Ross WR, David Njoku TE, Takk McKinley OLB, David Irving DE, Michael Davis CB.

    Shaun Wade CB. Kary Vincent CB. Micah Parsons ILB. Dylan Moses ILB. Jayson Oweh OLB. Trey Smith G/T. Pooka Williams RB. Alex Leatherwood LT. Caleb Farley CB. Jackson Carmen T/G. Kylin Hill RB. Joseph Ossai OLB. Cameron McGrone ILB. Daniel Faalele RT. TJ Vasher WR.

  9. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    26,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    All i know is everyone was telling me a couple of years ago that i was wrong for disagreeing with the movie the Cardinals made to oust Rosen and draft Murray. Turned out i was the one that was wrong and the Cardinals were right. If Lock plummets the rest of the year i do think Denver will have to seriously consider drafting a replacement and/or sign or trade for a guy like Stafford, etc. I saw MO post some stats about the way Lock has played so far this year and its not all that impressive with this last game being one of his worst outings. Good news for Lock is he will have the rest of the year to try and show he can be the guy going forward but im not really seeing that right now with his play. If that angers or triggers the snowflakes of this board than so be it.
    Says the guy melting down.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “Look at this ... look at what they make you give”
    “I’m just different!”

    John Ross WR, David Njoku TE, Takk McKinley OLB, David Irving DE, Michael Davis CB.

    Shaun Wade CB. Kary Vincent CB. Micah Parsons ILB. Dylan Moses ILB. Jayson Oweh OLB. Trey Smith G/T. Pooka Williams RB. Alex Leatherwood LT. Caleb Farley CB. Jackson Carmen T/G. Kylin Hill RB. Joseph Ossai OLB. Cameron McGrone ILB. Daniel Faalele RT. TJ Vasher WR.

  10. #38
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel
    Posts
    77,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Says the guy melting down.
    Im not melting down at all. Lol

    Ive been laughing at your ass through all of this.

  11. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    26,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Im not melting down at all. Lol
    My bad, weird how some people assume someone is a snowflake from a post on a MB.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “Look at this ... look at what they make you give”
    “I’m just different!”

    John Ross WR, David Njoku TE, Takk McKinley OLB, David Irving DE, Michael Davis CB.

    Shaun Wade CB. Kary Vincent CB. Micah Parsons ILB. Dylan Moses ILB. Jayson Oweh OLB. Trey Smith G/T. Pooka Williams RB. Alex Leatherwood LT. Caleb Farley CB. Jackson Carmen T/G. Kylin Hill RB. Joseph Ossai OLB. Cameron McGrone ILB. Daniel Faalele RT. TJ Vasher WR.

  12. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Burlintgon, VT
    Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller
    Posts
    46,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Was Matt Ryan on that list? A buddy brought up his name yesterday during a classic Broncos fan meltdown.
    If we do bring in someone else, I'd rather not the Ryans and Staffords of the world. That's just kicking the can down the road on a long term answer. If it's not Lock, keep drafting guys until one hits. That's really the only way.
    www.twitter.com/carnold744

    Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I must not be that intelligent
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Wave you a skinny douchebag fag queer boy punk ass little shit

  13. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:


  14. #41
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel
    Posts
    77,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    My bad, weird how some people assume someone is a snowflake from a post on a MB.
    Thats bound to happen when you try to retort something using reactions from facebook and twitter.

  15. #42
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel
    Posts
    77,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    If we do bring in someone else, I'd rather not the Ryans and Staffords of the world. That's just kicking the can down the road on a long term answer. If it's not Lock, keep drafting guys until one hits. That's really the only way.
    Yep, this is my outlook as well.

  16. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    26,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Thats bound to happen when you try to retort something using reactions from facebook and twitter.
    Again, my bad, I didn’t know FB and Twitter didn’t have legitimate card carrying Broncos fans. The Mane, The main MB Fansided, Predominantly, Mile High Report ... the only place not actively turning on Lock is this place, and we’ve already seen signs of that changing.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “Look at this ... look at what they make you give”
    “I’m just different!”

    John Ross WR, David Njoku TE, Takk McKinley OLB, David Irving DE, Michael Davis CB.

    Shaun Wade CB. Kary Vincent CB. Micah Parsons ILB. Dylan Moses ILB. Jayson Oweh OLB. Trey Smith G/T. Pooka Williams RB. Alex Leatherwood LT. Caleb Farley CB. Jackson Carmen T/G. Kylin Hill RB. Joseph Ossai OLB. Cameron McGrone ILB. Daniel Faalele RT. TJ Vasher WR.

  17. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    26,008

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    If we do bring in someone else, I'd rather not the Ryans and Staffords of the world. That's just kicking the can down the road on a long term answer. If it's not Lock, keep drafting guys until one hits. That's really the only way.
    You can do both, and probably should do both, double your efforts.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “Look at this ... look at what they make you give”
    “I’m just different!”

    John Ross WR, David Njoku TE, Takk McKinley OLB, David Irving DE, Michael Davis CB.

    Shaun Wade CB. Kary Vincent CB. Micah Parsons ILB. Dylan Moses ILB. Jayson Oweh OLB. Trey Smith G/T. Pooka Williams RB. Alex Leatherwood LT. Caleb Farley CB. Jackson Carmen T/G. Kylin Hill RB. Joseph Ossai OLB. Cameron McGrone ILB. Daniel Faalele RT. TJ Vasher WR.

  18. #45
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel
    Posts
    77,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Again, my bad, I didn’t know FB and Twitter didn’t have legitimate card carrying Broncos fans. The Mane, The main MB Fansided, Predominantly, Mile High Report ... the only place not actively turning on Lock is this place, and we’ve already seen signs of that changing.
    Im glad you have finally had this awakening, you are a better person for it. Congrats!

  19. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:


Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-23-2020, 05:54 PM
  2. Source: Denver Broncos to sign QB Blake Bortles after Drew Lock injury
    By Denver Native (Carol) in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 09-23-2020, 05:15 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-17-2020, 10:11 PM
  4. Drew Lock
    By sneakers in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 01-01-2020, 10:58 PM
  5. Broncos coach Vic Fangio: Starting rookie Drew Lock among QB options
    By Denver Native (Carol) in forum Broncos Talk
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 11-30-2019, 08:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group