Thread: Human coronaviruses ‘inactivated’ by mouthwash, oral rinses: study

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Human coronaviruses ‘inactivated’ by mouthwash, oral rinses: study

A new study conducted by researchers at the Penn State College of Medicine has found that a common dental item can inactivate human coronaviruses: mouthwash and oral rinses.

For the study, the results of which were published in the Journal of Medical Virology, researchers tested various oral and nasopharyngeal rinses — which included a 1% solution of baby shampoo, a neti pot, peroxide sore-mouth cleansers, and mouthwashes — to determine how well they inactivated human coronaviruses.

The baby shampoo solution, “which is often used by head and neck doctors to rinse the sinuses,” the researchers noted in a news release regarding the findings, was particularly effective; the solution inactivated “greater than 99.9% of human coronavirus after a two-minute contact time,” they said.

The mouthwash and oral rinses were also efficacious, they found: "Many inactivated greater than 99.9% of virus after only 30 seconds of contact time and some inactivated 99.99% of the virus after 30 seconds.”
    rest - https://www.foxnews.com/health/human...l-rinses-study

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

2. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Cool finding, but I'm not sure what practical use that would have. If it kills the virus in your mouth that's great, but it's not going to get to the virus cells in your nose and throat that come out when you cough or sneeze.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

From article:

More specifically, researchers “used a test to replicate the interaction of the virus in the nasal and oral cavities with the rinses and mouthwashes,” as the nasal and oral cavities are thought to be main points of entry for human coronaviruses, including SARS-CoV-2, better known as COVID-19. Though the researchers didn’t specifically test SARS-CoV-2 in the study, the novel virus is genetically similar to the other human coronaviruses tested, leading the researchers to hypothesize that the results would be similar.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

5. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Quick someone invent the mouthwash mask!

Like the beer helmets, this send mouthwash into the mouth through the mask. It needs to have a drainage tube for the excess mouth wash to drain from.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Quick someone invent the mouthwash mask!

Like the beer helmets, this send mouthwash into the mouth through the mask. It needs to have a drainage tube for the excess mouth wash to drain from.
    Guess we're all snorting mouthwash now!

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Wave, can you check real quick if setting yourself on fire inactivates the virus? First you will need to contract the virus. This means you have to make out with Dave, he has the virus now.

Just kidding. It's great that baby shampoo and mouthwash have this application, I'm glad to know this. Maybe how it helps isn't obvious to me but who knows, maybe swish around some baby shampoo after a trip into that wasteland of virus-danger called 'the outside world'.

What is the helpful application of this, anyways?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Wave, can you check real quick if setting yourself on fire inactivates the virus? First you will need to contract the virus. This means you have to make out with Dave, he has the virus now.

Just kidding. It's great that baby shampoo and mouthwash have this application, I'm glad to know this. Maybe how it helps isn't obvious to me but who knows, maybe swish around some baby shampoo after a trip into that wasteland of virus-danger called 'the outside world'.

What is the helpful application of this, anyways?
    You say this as if I don't make out with Dave on the daily.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information