Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeudy - first trimester report card

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Jefferson > Jeudy
    Bookmarked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    You know I was pretty compelled by Hawg's analysis from actually having watched the film of 3 vikings games but you really swayed me with this hard hitting analysis.
    I have that effect on people.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Bookmarked.
    Bookmark it, take a picture, wont change a thang baby.

5. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

You know I was pretty compelled by Hawg's analysis from actually having watched the film of 3 vikings games but you really swayed me with this hard hitting analysis.
    I just rewatched Jeudy's film and honestly there's not much there. He had the early drops and that's kind of been the story. Perfect example of Tripp's point is the game 3 vs. the Bucs. Driskel was sacked more often than he attempted a pass or thereabouts. He threw to Jeudy when Jeudy found the most un-soft part of the zone (triple coverage). Rypien did later at the goal line for a pick. Jeudy was getting open and by the eyeball test looked very dangerous in terms of generating separation. It feels like if we had a lazer-rocket-era PFM that Jeudy would be leading the league in yards--he generates space very quickly.

I am a big Jefferson fan too though--except I didn't like the way he celebrated his TD when the score was 35-6 (his was the 6 points). I think he's a bit too much look-at-me. I think he'll be a studly NFL player though.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Bookmark it, take a picture, wont change a thang baby.
    Awake on my airplane
    Awake on my airplane
    My skin is bare
    My skin is theirs

8. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Hopefully when Jeudy actually breaks a 100 receiving for a game we can all crack open a cold one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Hopefully when Jeudy actually breaks a 100 receiving for a game we can all crack open a cold one.
    If your argument is "look at their production so far, case closed" that feels like a fairly weak argument. Jeudy's situation has just not been comparable to Jefferson or Lamb. These guys are a month and a half into their careers. Declaring any as clearly the better player seems massively premature right now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I mean, if Hawg is right and Jefferson was being single covered by a LB during his breakout game, it's just not even fair to compare that to Jeudy who draws the other team's best corner and safety help every game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

If your argument is "look at their production so far, case closed" that feels like a fairly weak argument. Jeudy's situation has just not been comparable to Jefferson or Lamb. These guys are a month and a half into their careers. Declaring any as clearly the better player seems massively premature right now.
    Never said the case was closed, just said that Jefferson is better (my opinion and one i have had since draft day) and right now its shown that Justin is the better receiver. Not just with yds but with his catch percentage, etc. I think using the Qb excuse is pretty weak personally as its not like these guys dont practice with these guys throughout the week. In terms of Hawgs point about Justin beating a LB its not the receivers fault if the OC for the Vikings knows how to utilize matchups with their talented receivers. I like Jeudy but im not going to bend over backwards like you guys making excuses as to why he is dropping passes and not performing quite as well as other rookie receivers. If you all want to crown his ass than by all means crown him, but right now Jefferson is outplaying him by miles.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Never said the case was closed, just said that Jefferson is better (my opinion and one i have had since draft day) and right now its shown that Justin is the better receiver. Not just with yds but with his catch percentage, etc. I think using the Qb excuse is pretty weak personally as its not like these guys dont practice with these guys throughout the week. In terms of Hawgs point about Justin beating a LB its not the receivers fault if the OC for the Vikings knows how to utilize matchups with their talented receivers. I like Jeudy but im not going to bend over backwards like you guys making excuses as to why he is dropping passes and not performing quite as well as other rookie receivers. If you all want to crown his ass than by all means crown him, but right now Jefferson is outplaying him by miles.
    You are the absolute king of making strawman arguments. No one is "crowning" Jeudy at. And no one is debating that his production thus far hasn't matched some of the other rookies.

You're right that our QB carousel and the fact that he draws tougher coverage doesn't excuse the drops, but he also just isn't getting as many opportunities to atone for those drops.

All anyone is saying is let's just wait and see until Jeudy gets more consistent QB play and has Sutton back to draw some of the coverage before we reach a final verdict on him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

You are the absolute king of making strawman arguments. No one is "crowning" Jeudy at. And no one is debating that his production thus far hasn't matched some of the other rookies.

You're right that our QB carousel and the fact that he draws tougher coverage doesn't excuse the drops, but he also just isn't getting as many opportunities to atone for those drops.

All anyone is saying is let's just wait and see until Jeudy gets more consistent QB play and has Sutton back to draw some of the coverage before we reach a final verdict on him.
    And all im saying is that Jefferson is outplaying him which is backed up by the stat sheet that Hawg started the thread with. Dont be mad at me, i didnt start the thread. Lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Jefferson just went up against one of the worst starting corners in football and Jeudy just went up against one of the best secondarys in football, so I’ll reserve final judgment. But Jefferson does look good.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

And all im saying is that Jefferson is outplaying him which is backed up by the stat sheet that Hawg started the thread with. Dont be mad at me, i didnt start the thread. Lol
    I'll take the word of someone who has actually watched the games over someone who looks at the stats. Any idiot can look at stats and say "yep, that guy's better". Context matters.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I'll take the word of someone who has actually watched the games over someone who looks at the stats. Any idiot can look at stats and say "yep, that guy's better". Context matters.
    Hooray for you?

19. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Also, i did not realize that Hawg was part of the Vikings coaching staff and was able to review game film. He's pretty impressive to cram in 9 hours of game film with just a couple of hours. I think he missed his calling in life.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information