Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeudy - first trimester report card

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    This was what was considered his drop against the pats. That was probably a tough enough catch not to be officially counted as a drop, but it's probably one that someone with his talent could have pulled down.

Yeah, OK, I think he’s gotta make that play. Lock’s accuracy was pretty incredible Sunday. Patrick and Hamilton gotta make those plays too. But they also aren’t first-round receivers. I will say, Sutton makes all three... But that’s also his game.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Stats, smats. Drew was dropping dimes. His WR's were just dropping.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Yeah, OK, I think he’s gotta make that play. Lock’s accuracy was pretty incredible Sunday. Patrick and Hamilton gotta make those plays too. But they also aren’t first-round receivers. I will say, Sutton makes all three... But that’s also his game.
    The Hamilton drop was bad. Literally hit him right in the chest. The other ones in that clip were more tightly defended and harder catches, but yeah, all 3 were great throws.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Having Sutton gone really hurts the rest of the receiving corp. Fant to a lesser degree. Because Sutton catches those fades and Fant stretches the middle, which Alex O did a little of Sunday but not like Fant can, and that helps open up other stuff for Jeudy.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Having Sutton gone really hurts the rest of the receiving corp. Fant to a lesser degree. Because Sutton catches those fades and Fant stretches the middle, which Alex O did a little of Sunday but not like Fant can, and that helps open up other stuff for Jeudy.
    As much as I love Von, he's by far my favorite player we've had in the last decade, the loss of Sutton feels the most devastating for this team. Losing Miller hurts, but you can scheme around the loss of one defense player, and that unit has still been really good. Losing Sutton forces every other receiver up a rung on that ladder and forces a lot of guys into roles they aren't as suited for. I can't wait until we can see Sutton and Jeudy on the field at the same time.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

The other thing working against Jeudy is that we haven't started the same QB in two consecutive games since weeks 1-2. There has just been no consistent guy back there for him to get a rapport with. If Lock can stay healthy I think we'll start to see Jeudy put up a few big games as the year goes on.

Also, I think having those backups for a few weeks is what really sparked Patrick. Those were probably the guys throwing to him the most during camp, so he was probably more on the same page with them than Jeudy was.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

His hands have been disappointing so far. But you see the ability.

I was team Cee Dee Lamb prior to the draft, so part of me wonders who will ultimately be the better player - I think they'll both have good careers.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I was team Cee Dee Lamb prior to the draft, so part of me wonders who will ultimately be the better player - I think they'll both have good careers.
    Early returns are Justin Jefferson.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I'll admit I was also pulling for CeeDee during the draft. But I think they are such similar talents you couldn't really go wrong either way. CeeDee was also dropped into a dream situation with Dak and all those weapons the cowboys have. I'll be interested to see how productive he still is with Dalton.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

He’s the most explosive player the Broncos have had for some time. They need to find ways to get him into space. Doing this after the New England game is sort of bad timing. Belicheck loves to take away an asset from a team, and with Sutton, Fant and Gordon out, I think it’s pretty clear his game plan was to blanket Jeudy. Thus, Patrick probably had his best game as a Bronco, and Lindsay had some space to run at the second level.

Officially he’s had two drops in the last four weeks, so I think we have to see that first game as more of an outlier. I don’t even remember his drop against New England, but apparently there was one. Of the concerns, that might be the one, but he’s an explosive wide receiver and it’s pretty easy to see why he went in the first. I’d like to see Shurmur build an entire week’s game plan around him more. It seems like Fangio wants Shurmur to game plan around Gordon and Lindsay, and it’s worked the last two weeks, but Elway got you some toys, utilize them.
    This is the vibe I have as well--it looks like he's getting attention by defenses from what I can tell. There is a breakout game around the corner when a team takes him lightly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

15. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Jefferson is another guy who has had the advantage of an elite WR on the other side of the field to draw coverage.

This isn't to take anything away from Lamb or Jefferson, I just feel like they have both been put in better positions to succeed than Jeudy thus far. He still very well could wind up being the best WR of the class when it's all said and done. I just can't wait to see him when all the other pieces line up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I was curious and so I watched Vikings film from games 2, 3, and 6. I am not so sure he is as good as his numbers. He was getting covered by a linebacker quite often in his 175 yd game. He cost them the Titans game with a blown route that ended up being a pick-6. Cousins leads the league in INTs and a few of those were meant for Jefferson. He's pretty good though and doesn't have the drops of our guy. He had a couple really studly plays too, kind of like Jeudy's INT-turned-TD play.

Aside: the Kubiak/Dennison offense with Cousins/Cook/Thielen/Jefferson/Rudolph looks pathetic. I am glad we did not go that direction. Not that we have anything special in terms of results, but it might get better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Jefferson > Jeudy

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Jefferson > Jeudy
    You know I was pretty compelled by Hawg's analysis from actually having watched the film of 3 vikings games but you really swayed me with this hard hitting analysis.

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information