Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs' Week

Adopted Bronco:
    Barrel Man

We definitively need Hamler and Fant back. Way too many drops. I'm done with D. Hamilton, he makes one good play against 3 bad plays it seems.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Yeah I think Hamilton will get better as the season goes on, it’s been a pattern with him.

When healthy this might be the best WR core going forward, but I’d still love to see John Ross be Hamler’s direct backup next season, between the 2 you should get 16 healthy games out of the slot.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    So you don't get it.
    No, I don’t understand why you think a shootout favors the team in a matchup that features a team built for a shootout (KC) versus a team built on defense and the run game (Denver). This scenario in no way supports the Broncos having a higher likelihood of winning a shootout than the Chiefs.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    No, I don’t understand why you think a shootout favors the team in a matchup that features a team built for a shootout (KC) versus a team built on defense and the run game (Denver). This scenario in no way supports the Broncos having a higher likelihood of winning a shootout than the Chiefs.
    It absolutely does.

The last 2 games we played the chiefs we played them in the "defensive favoring broncos " low scoring game as you put it. We got creamed and only scored 6 pts in 2 games combined!

If we lose to them 42 to 30. That is much better imo then losing 26-3 and 31-3....to their backup qb no less.

We've gone your route 2x and it has not worked. At all.

Fangio said the way to beat them is to score in the 30s. Thats a shootout buddy.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It absolutely does.

The last 2 games we played the chiefs we played them in the "defensive favoring broncos " low scoring game as you put it. We got creamed and only scored 6 pts in 2 games combined!

If we lose to them 42 to 30. That is much better imo then losing 26-3 and 31-3....to their backup qb no less.

We've gone your route 2x and it has not worked. At all.

Fangio said the way to beat them is to score in the 30s. Thats a shootout buddy.
    How does an offense that can’t get into the end zone have the advantage in a game like that? I’m just trying to figure out why you like Denver in that sort of game? What would lead you to this conclusion?

A shootout in no way favors the team that struggles to score vs. the team that scores at will.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Brandon McManus earns AFC Special Teams Player of the Week honors for second consecutive game

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — Another week, another AFC Special Teams Player of the Week honor for Broncos kicker Brandon McManus.

McManus has now won the award after back-to-back games. He also earned the honor after Denver's Week 4 win over the Jets.

In the Broncos' Week 6 win over the Patriots, McManus was a perfect 6-for-6 from field-goal range and scored all 18 of the Broncos' points.

McManus now holds the Broncos' franchise record for the most field goals in a game.
    rest - https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/b...for-second-con

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    This is great!

Although if our kicker is winning this award, then ...

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

How does an offense that can’t get into the end zone have the advantage in a game like that? I’m just trying to figure out why you like Denver in that sort of game? What would lead you to this conclusion?

A shootout in no way favors the team that struggles to score vs. the team that scores at will.

I think U29 is just saying that we have a better shot if we score 30 points than if we score 6.

Kind of Madden-esque.

I agree with you, I don't understand how we hope to score 30 or more but we can always dream.

11. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I think U29 is just saying that we have a better shot if we score 30 points than if we score 6.

Kind of Madden-esque.

I agree with you, I don't understand how we hope to score 30 or more but we can always dream.
    No. I think his point is that he likes Denver in a shootout. Which is, well, contrary to everything anyone who has watched both Broncos games and Chiefs games over the last two years thinks.

Sure, it’d be great if Denver could score 30 against the Chiefs, but my point is if Denver gets into a track meet with Kansas City, the Chiefs could score 50. If they score 50, what good does our 30 do?

Denver’s best shot is to clearly get into a game like the Chiefs played Monday against the Bills and hope a few bounces fall their way.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

No. I think his point is that he likes Denver in a shootout. Which is, well, contrary to everything anyone who has watched both Broncos games and Chiefs games over the last two years thinks.

Sure, it’d be great if Denver could score 30 against the Chiefs, but my point is if Denver gets into a track meet with Kansas City, the Chiefs could score 50. If they score 50, what good does our 30 do?

Denver’s best shot is to clearly get into a game like the Chiefs played Monday against the Bills and hope a few bounces fall their way.
    Pats used the same gameplan. And probably would have won if not for their QBs shitting the bed. Grind the clock out on offense, keep them off the field, and make them nickel and dime you when they have it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Pats used the same gameplan. And probably would have won if not for their QBs shitting the bed. Grind the clock out on offense, keep them off the field, and make them nickel and dime you when they have it.
    Yeah, trying to get into a shootout with Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes is a recipe for a disaster.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yeah, trying to get into a shootout with Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes is a recipe for a disaster.
    It did work for the Raiders but probably not something we have the personnel to copy.

I have already explained it. You are being obtuse on purpose.
    I do not like Denver in this game. I have already said that.
    I do know for a fact that a defensive game does not work for us.
    A shootout may, if we can actually score that is a good thing.
    Quit being dense
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I have already explained it. You are being obtuse on purpose.
    I do not like Denver in this game. I have already said that.
    I do know for a fact that a defensive game does not work for us.
    A shootout may, if we can actually score that is a good thing.
    Quit being dense
    I agree that scoring more points than the Chiefs is ideal. I do not agree that getting into a shootout with the Chiefs benefits the Broncos. I’m not being obtuse, I’m being quite clear.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I think the Broncos should try to score more points than their opponent every week.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

19. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information