Thread: So is Fangio still a good coach or nah?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default So is Fangio still a good coach or nah?

Asking for a friend.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Until next week, yes ... unless they win again, then maybe ... depends on the wind, mostly.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

4. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Well, this team has played tough as hell vs top competition. Even in losses they’ve looked pretty stout. The defense, considering all the injuries is playing absolutely lights-out football. The offense isn’t his forte or his baby. Shurmur has some stuff to get figured out, but this is the youngest offense in the league that has its own share of injuries.

Think about this -
    We just beat NE in NE without Von, Bouye, Casey, Jones, Walker, Sutton, or Fant. So 3 of our best defenders and both of our top offensive weapons. C’mon. That makes a serious statement. Everyone is giving every other team credit for injuries except Denver who has been hit the worst. We’re 2-3 with every excuse to be 0-5.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

6. The Following 8 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Well, this team has played tough as hell vs top competition. Even in losses they’ve looked pretty stout. The defense, considering all the injuries is playing absolutely lights-out football. The offense isn’t his forte or his baby. Shurmur has some stuff to get figured out, but this is the youngest offense in the league that has its own share of injuries.

Think about this -
    We just beat NE in NE without Von, Bouye, Casey, Jones, Walker, Sutton, or Fant. So 3 of our best defenders and both of our top offensive weapons. C’mon. That makes a serious statement. Everyone is giving every other team credit for injuries except Denver who has been hit the worst. We’re 2-3 with every excuse to be 0-5.
    Tenn and Pitt could also be wins.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

8. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Here is Mike Vrabel exploiting a loophole in the rules, intentionally taking a 12 man on the field penalty, and preserving some time for his team. This is the type of next-level thinking I expect from my NFL head coach...

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Vrabel is on another level with the in game coaching. I think Vic is great from Monday to Saturday getting the team ready to play, but what he does in game can be head scratching at times.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

If he keeps playing aggressive take away defense, I'll be super happy. Bring the blitz, get the interception, drop Cam on his ass. Yes, that's the defense I've been waiting to see out of a defensive coach.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    If he keeps playing aggressive take away defense, I'll be super happy. Bring the blitz, get the interception, drop Cam on his ass. Yes, that's the defense I've been waiting to see out of a defensive coach.
    Yes, the defense played incredible yesterday. That’s the defense I expected. Pressure up front, physical secondary. Granted, New England’s skill players really suck, but Denver played excellent.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Vrabel is on another level with the in game coaching. I think Vic is great from Monday to Saturday getting the team ready to play, but what he does in game can be head scratching at times.
    His in-game decisions are very bad. Somehow yesterday he was out-dumbed by Bill Belicheck, which is incredible to me.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Awaiting results............
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

He has made some head scratching decisions these 2 years and sometimes I think he gets lost between calling defensive plays and game management in the 4th.....but new HC with double duties cant be easy. Its not a gimme every Head coach can grasp it or learn it. He shows improvement though and I love that this team isn't soft when hit with adversity. He is starting to adapt more to his players on D rather then force a square peg in round hole as well. Good coaches do that. He has this team ready to play and be competitive every week even when up against it with injuries, and he has shown great leadership in dealing with the COVID stuff. I like him and I'm glad he is in Denver. I also like he is blunt and calls it like it is.....

We have a good shot against KC if our D plays like this again. The question against KC wont be our defense as much as it will be whether our skill players can hold the f'in ball and we can play clean football on offense. We have a good shot to be .500 after the KC game, and then we have a very winnable 4 games after that, which if won will have this team thinking playoffs.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Mahomes is light years beyond Newton i wouldnt get my hopes up if i were you.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Mahomes is light years beyond Newton i wouldnt get my hopes up if i were you.
    Nah we got this FAM......
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information