Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Patriots 10/18/20

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    by 2020 standards, that was freakin' glorious. . . could have been downright legendary without the picks-- that second one just can't happen. . . there was so much to love from lock's performance, and overall i am very encouraged-- he does need to stop throwing into double coverage, though. . . i'm pretty eager to see this defense against some better QBs-- and what they can do when they get some guys like bouye and dre'mont jones back. . .

Im with you on Lock.
    I am not quite there with you yet on the defense. I do like the D. LOVE our secondary!! Love OJ! I always have liked Callahan (even when chumps said to cut him- Cugel). Imagine if we had one more of the Bouye or OJ type. Just one more Boss of zone. I am concered big time about the pass rush. It works with the blitz which is cool. I am down with blitzing no prob. I want pressure on the QB.

I just have not seen good pressure. I feel like the QBs have a lot of time. The pats had a shit Oline and IMO we should have just worked them over and over like we did brady in the AFCCG. We got to Cam, but he also holds the ball too. One of our 4 sacks was a bad snap. The week before against the JETs- well I do not need to say more about that. Tannehill and Big Ben and Brady did well against us. Early season, Injuries, I get it.

So I am close but not quite there yet. If we can make the blitzes hit, then yes!!! For now, I still feel like we give the QBs too much time. I also still have concern about QBs running on us. And TE is still a problem imo.

That said- I was sure we would beat the pats. I do not think we beat the chefs next week, but I bet we hang with them for a while and it is closer than people expect.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

2. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    He dropped a couple dimes, had his WR's drop a few, but then threw 2 dumb picks that could have cost the game and some throws were too high and off the mark....he was off. I wasn't wrong at all.....

However, I love Lock, and I love the aggressiveness. the 18.9 YPA is great to see, he just needs to clean it up a bit.
    The first pick is ugly, the second pick went through Patrick’s hands. There was another almost Int that Patrick should have caught for a TD, he’s 6-5 with 34” arms and 37.5” vertical ... if the 5-11 DB can highpoint the ball then Patrick should do it better yet he played it over his shoulder. That’s “open” in the NFL.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Attachment 17965

It's about time our team won at New England! Plus, we are 4-0 against Cam Newton.
    That’s my QB!
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    The first pick is ugly, the second pick went through Patrick’s hands. There was another almost Int that Patrick should have caught for a TD, he’s 6-5 with 34” arms and 37.5” vertical ... if the 5-11 DB can highpoint the ball then Patrick should do it better yet he played it over his shoulder. That’s “open” in the NFL.
    oh don't get me wrong I have issues with our WR core as well. I have never been a Patrick fan, and Hamilton should be cut. Albert O had a pretty rough debut as well. Hopefully Fant and Hamler are back for the KC tilt. Lock just seemed a bit off and rusty, but maybe the whole offense was as well....I also cant figure out why we don't use RB's in the passing game in Denver very well. Even with our New OC who did it both in Minny and NY, we seem to just forget about it lol.....
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

9. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Who is that? Cam, Drew, and who else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Who is that? Cam, Drew, and who else?
    McManus

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

It's never a bad game when the Broncos beat the Patriots. Never. Even better when those whiny-assed losers had the league alter everyone's schedule just so they wouldn't have to play without Newton then they lost even with Newton.

In fact, BOTH QBs (Lock and Newton) had QB ratings under 20. That's worse than pathetic. That may be the first time a non-Jets football game had such an occasion.

Oh, and Lock's two picks at the end? He knew the game was out of reach and he did that just to make Rypien feel better about himself. That's an ultimate leader out there.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information