Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Rip

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me at all if people want to stay away until at least Nov 4th.
    What happens then?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Oh right. Elections. The important stuff that changes everything.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Oh right. Elections. The important stuff that changes everything.
    You dont change your life based on a 2 person team that you'll never meet nor know/care of your existence?
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    You dont change your life based on a 2 person team that you'll never meet nor know/care of your existence?
    I was genuinely confused by the importance of Nov 4. I know it should matter somehow.

5. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

All of them needs to recite the kids poem thing: sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

All of them needs to recite the kids poem thing: sticks and stones will break my bones but words will never hurt me.

It is astounding that someone on an Online Forum can get so upset that they get literal anger and an active response to their psyche and persona. Compounded by the thing that always divides those more fragile. Politics.

Side note*
    11/4 will qualm some, others not. It will take about 3 weeks for everyone to settle in. Look for Thanksgiving-ish for a return of glory.
    I don't necessarily think that everyone who has left did so over hurt feelings. I'm sure some just lost interest or found other outlets for shooting their broncos takes out into the internet.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post

It is astounding that someone on an Online Forum can get so upset that they get literal anger and an active response to their psyche and persona. Compounded by the thing that always divides those more fragile. Politics.

Side note*
    11/4 will qualm some, others not. It will take about 3 weeks for everyone to settle in. Look for Thanksgiving-ish for a return of glory.
    I don't necessarily think that everyone who has left did so over hurt feelings. I'm sure some just lost interest or found other outlets for shooting their broncos takes out into the internet.
    I'm of the belief it's other social media platforms more than anything else. 5 years of Broncos suckage hasn't helped either.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

It was meant for king and chaz types. You are absolutely right that Frau, Dave, and many others left for the reasons you stated.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

10. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I'm of the belief it's other social media platforms more than anything else. 5 years of Broncos suckage hasn't helped either.
    Yeah reddit and twitter have kinda made message boards irrelevant. No one actually signs up for message boards anymore it doesn't seem. And yeah if we become super bowl contenders again you're probably right that some inactive members might pop back up here.

It was meant for king and chaz types. You are absolutely right that Frau, Dave, and many others left for the reasons you stated.
    Take that back. They all left because of me and I say **** them -- how about them stones!!!

Seriously, it's a shame, but social media has killed forums, but for some select ones related to tech or other really specialized topics.

13. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Yeah reddit and twitter have kinda made message boards irrelevant. No one actually signs up for message boards anymore it doesn't seem. And yeah if we become super bowl contenders again you're probably right that some inactive members might pop back up here.
    I don't fully get reddit and it seems all over the place, but more and more, when I search to figure out how to do something, reddit is at the top of the search results and has many threads related to what I'm looking for.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I don't fully get reddit and it seems all over the place, but more and more, when I search to figure out how to do something, reddit is at the top of the search results and has many threads related to what I'm looking for.
    It basically is divided into "subreddits" which more or less each function as their own message board. So I can follow subreddits for, say, the Broncos, the Grizzlies, whatever TV show in watching, whatever game I'm currently playing; so it's basically just a one stop shop for discussing whatever my various interests might be.

It definitely has its flaws as well, but just the convenience of having all that stuff in one place is what really makes it popular.

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Ive never been to reddit before.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

18. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Ive never been to reddit before.
    Me either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I've wondered myself. Hopefully he's OK. His last posts were clear exasperation with some of the comments posted in RGB thread, so not sure if he just had it and needed a break, or if something else. Hope he's doing OK.
    OMG, I just read through the first few pages of that thread.

Good grief.
    Last edited by GEM; 10-15-2020 at 03:47 PM. Reason: personal attack
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information