Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Rip

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yeeeeeep.

Granted, its everyone's own choice to partake in it but ive never seen ANYTHING good come from having the forum as a whole and all it generally does is breed animosity and resentment. Such is life though i guess.
    There’s more resentment, and animosity, in Broncos Talk on how the Broncos should be ran.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    ‘Cancel culture’ mindset. I get the leisure of when someone doesn’t like something, cancel it. Moderators are volunteer. The reason this community was created by Tned, Top, Jrwiz, Carol, was because BM wanted to dictate like your idea. I get Davii has taken the reigns of BF, but nothing says he has to participate in any forum. This is the same for any moderator. It’s a simple concept to ban posters if P&R filters out to other forums. If there wasn’t a P&R forum, then more political bs would be spilled out to other forums. I see this on other sites. Politics is reality. It’s not going away.

In a way, you are correct, though. We’ve all known each other for many years, and our political ideologies aren’t changing. So, why have it? I guess it’s a place to vent.
    Has nothing to do with "cancel culture". It's about this board not dying because everyone eventually leaves over P&R.

3. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Has nothing to do with "cancel culture". It's about this board not dying because everyone eventually leaves over P&R.
    Explain to me the disconnect folks have of the concept that it’s an opt-in forum. You chose to opt-out. I see it as a personal issue if a person is going to hold grudges because of P&R in other forums. I don’t feel that way.

With this said, if BF decides to get rid of P&R, then so be it. I believe it’s petty to cancel something when it’s the individual’s choice to participate.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

There’s more resentment, and animosity, in Broncos Talk on how the Broncos should be ran.
    Disagree entirely. While people do get into debates and arguments over the Broncos the venom and flaming is far worse in P&R.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The irony of OP's thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

7. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Disagree entirely. While people do get into debates and arguments over the Broncos the venom and flaming is far worse in P&R.
    That wasn’t the case when Cutler left

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I am truly a right wing extremist. I posted in p&r every day there.through Obama's election, back and forth slinging venom constantly, and I just decided it isn't worth it here. I'm here because of the.Broncos first and foremost. I may post other shit in some other threads, but just better off to stop altogether.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

That wasn’t the case when Cutler left
    Nah, people still posted here despite all that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Well, rather than continually complaining about it, leaving, etc.....Davii has the power to delete P&R. Mods have the power to ban posters who violate the rules such as political talk outside P&R. Main thing is posters have the option to not participate in certain forums such as P&R. But, if it makes this community better to get rid of it, do it. Stop complaining about it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Agreed, they should just delete it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Agreed, they should just delete it.
    With the list given by slim, how many of those posters really left because of P&R? Just curious?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

With the list given by slim, how many of those posters really left because of P&R? Just curious?
    No idea but it really doesnt change my mind about P&R being a healthy thing for this forum in general.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

No idea but it really doesnt change my mind about P&R being a healthy thing for this forum in general.
    Well....I suggest you opt-out until P&R is chosen to be removed, if it is removed. All the moderators participate with their drive bys, or hot takes. Why is that? You would think if they hated the forum so much, they’d come in only when a post is reported. Who reports a post in P&R? LoL.

I’m just having a hard time believing something should be canceled when it’s an individual’s choice to participate. Unless, I’m missing something, I don’t see a lot of politics pouring into other forums. Again, resentment is a personal thing. Be an adult, and get over it. Not talking to you specifically

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Well....I suggest you opt-out until P&R is chosen to be removed, if it is removed. All the moderators participate with their drive bys, or hot takes. Why is that? You would think if they hated the forum so much, they’d come in only when a post is reported. Who reports a post in P&R? LoL.

I’m just having a hard time believing something should be canceled when it’s an individual’s choice to participate. Unless, I’m missing something, I don’t see a lot of politics pouring into other forums. Again, resentment is a personal thing. Be an adult, and get over it. Not talking to you specifically
    I get that point of view but i also think that those who want the forum is the very small minority so in a lot of ways as Gem put it there are other forums out there made for political talk. The only other option i would think is to take moderation out of there altogether, meaning, leave it to those who remain to fend for themselves and if they insult each other and end up hating each other than thats on them.

I think i will opt out though as i really dont like the way the forum itself makes me feel about people at times. I fight through my feelings most of the time but its not always easy and in the past has certainly made me sour on people and say things i generally wouldnt want to say to people. Whether or not they keep the forum is anyone's guess but i think at this stage Davii should take moderation out of it altogether and only moderate the rest of the board. If the P&R shows up on the main forum give those people a ban for life, this way it forces those who want to keep that part of forum to keep it there and not anywhere else on the board.

In some ways it sucks that people actually enjoy that type of environment but as you said i can control it from my own end so i wish those in there good luck with that cesspool as i really dont like the way it makes me feel even after i leave for the day.

17. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I will say that slim is a good family man, and glad to hear he’ll be more focused on them. Perhaps, getting rid of P&R will get Abe, out and about, and finally find a nice Hispanic girl to settle down with.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information