Page 95 of 116 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1739

Thread: the Head Coach candidates thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Davii is pleased!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Translation: The other jobs and thus my leverage is drying up, time to play nice!

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Ryans for the last 4 years has been figuring out how to stop Russell. Don't you think he knows what Russell does well and what is off? Don't you think in the interview he was able to breakdown what he would do with Russell and the offense to get back on track? What would work with Russell playing style. Top coaches understand the game not just their side of the ball.

I am all in on Ryans
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    Ryans for the last 4 years has been figuring out how to stop Russell. Don't you think he knows what Russell does well and what is off? Don't you think in the interview he was able to breakdown what he would do with Russell and the offense to get back on track? What would work with Russell playing style. Top coaches understand the game not just their side of the ball.

I am all in on Ryans
    By this logic, Fangio should have fielded an amazing offense. Instead, he hired Pat Shurmur.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

7. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    By this logic, Fangio should have fielded an amazing offense. Instead, he hired Pat Shurmur.
    Fangio problem is he never thought like a HC. He should have been able to look at the offense and id what was needed and what he wanted. The fact that he couldn't say who he wanted as OC when he was hired still amaze me
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Now that I've seen our future with Jim Caldwell I take back every mocking thing I said about Payton.
    I feel you on this one, baby.

I'm kinda indifferent on account that my personal lack of control makes any emotional investment irrational--as a default state that remembers the hot stove of getting spun up--but kudos for making me feel a scintilla of passion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ja’Quan McMillian

Unless Jim Harbaugh flies out of the ashes being pissed off he doesn’t have a signed offer from Michigan yet, the #1 choice is Ryans. Which is really weird, why doesn’t Harbaugh have a signed deal yet?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Sean Payton says 'zero truth' to reported friction with Broncos ownership

The spiciest Sean Payton subplot just keeps giving. The Washington Post’s Mark Maske reported Thursday that the former New Orleans Saints coach left his recent meeting with Denver Broncos brass fearing “a potential power struggle” with one of the team’s new owners, only for Payton to turn around rebuff it from his official Twitter account.

“Zero truth to this,” Payton wrote Thursday evening. “We had a great visit and Broncos Ownership was fantastic!!”
    rest - https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ip/ar-AA16MYdY

13. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Sean Payton spends entire day meeting with Cardinals on Thursday

The Arizona Cardinals brought in former New Orleans Saints head coach Sean Payton for an interview Thursday. For fans hoping the Cardinals make him the team’s new head coach to replace Kliff Kingsbury, there is good news.

According to multiple reports, Payton spent the entire day at the Cardinals’ Tempe headquarters with both owner Michael Bidwill and new general manager Monti Ossenfort. He was seen leaving the team facility with owner Bidwill in the same car.

Payton is the biggest name available for the Cardinals’ job.

It comes with a cost. Payton certainly will demand one of the highest-paying contracts in the league. He will likely want a certain level of control of the roster and, because he is still under contract with the Saints despite retiring a year ago, the Cardinals will need to work out compensation with New Orleans to be able to hire Payton, should they choose to do so.
    rest - https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...ay/ar-AA16MXRT

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Rule number 1: Never hire Pat Shurmur

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Offense had more PPG under Shurmur/Teddy than Hackett/Wilson. Who would have thought when we fired Shurmur it would have gotten worse?!?!

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Never. Ever!
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Ryan's was a top choice the minute Denver media reported how well his interview went. Quinn was never a serious choice outside of Paton's connection to him. Sean Payton was the fallback to Harbaugh and most likely wanted som GM control and didnt like he would report directly to Penner(that's the ownership stick up for Payton for these paying attention). He also loves the media game, and any chance he had in Denver was gone the minute the hunting story and this latest BS leaked. Caldwell and Shaw are fall backs for Ryan's its that simple.....any other guy could be hired already. It will be Demecco and the minute the 49er's are done it will be come official. I have no doubt Demecco is fully aware he is about to be the next coach in Denver and its simply of matter of no distractions until the playoffs are over. The key now will be who his staff is gonna be.
    Last edited by Elevation inc; 01-27-2023 at 04:48 AM.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

21. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Shurmur had his issues and thank god we got rid of him but we had no idea how much worse it could be. Teddy B and drew lock were his Qb's as well. Give him Russ and its a competnet offesne its that simple......Fangio and Shurmur this year probably would have had us in the playoffs.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

23. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    He's back in baby!

He was clearly saying there is zero truth to wanting to coach Russell Wilson or having the defense!

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information