Page 88 of 116 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 98 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1739

Thread: the Head Coach candidates thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Coaching can fix everything but the OL, and even then most coaches think they’re just fine “getting by” on the offensive line; “we’ll scheme around it, we’re coaches!”.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    Because we're looking at giving up at least a first rounder for Peyton. How are you going to rebuild the OL with a bunch third day picks and minimal cap room?
    By better coaching and play calling? The cap room is what it is with any coach. What player are you drafting that fixes the line by himself? Of course you’ll need the players, but you aren’t fixing it all no matter what you do. Might as well land the great coach who will be around while the house is out back in order.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived King87 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    By better coaching and play calling? The cap room is what it is with any coach. What player are you drafting that fixes the line by himself? Of course you’ll need the players, but you aren’t fixing it all no matter what you do. Might as well land the great coach who will be around while the house is out back in order.
    We're a consistent 5-7 win team even with upper tier coaches like Munchak at the OL. The only difference it made was to an already talented player like Bolles. We put in trash along the rest of the OL and Munchak didn't turn that into a good OL.

We already tried different schemes from power/combo blocks and even outside zone.

Any other ideas before we finally try to bring in some real OL talent?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Five bucks says that exec works for the Chiefs or Raiders.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Evero is now scheduled for a second interview with the Colts as well. Sounds like he's doing well, which surprises me not at all. He's clearly a bright dude. I'm going to freakin' hate it if we lose him and don't put someone equally competent in his place, but you gotta wish the guy luck if the Donkeys don't want him.
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

LOL - while we're all feverishly speculating, the whole process is on hold while Rob Walton goes hunting.

Adopted Bronco:

LOL - while we're all feverishly speculating, the whole process is on hold while Rob Walton goes hunting.
    Of course it is.
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    Of course it is.
    I mean, it doesn't really bode well for a super successful ownership tenure -- but I think I oddly respect him more mispronouncing Goodell's name at the introductory press conference and now telling everyone to **** off and work around his schedule. Guy doesn't give a ****, this is just something he does in his spare time.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I mean, it doesn't really bode well for a super successful ownership tenure -- but I think I oddly respect him more mispronouncing Goodell's name at the introductory press conference and now telling everyone to **** off and work around his schedule. Guy doesn't give a ****, this is just something he does in his spare time.
    When you got eleventy billion dollars, I guess you get to call the shots.
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    When you got eleventy billion dollars, I guess you get to call the shots.
    It could be an alpha play - like go on your little piddly interviews, Sean, and when I get back we'll talk about what number you want me to write on the check.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

It could be an alpha play - like go on your little piddly interviews, Sean, and when I get back we'll talk about what number you want me to write on the check.
    Pretty boss. He'll still never be as cool as Pat Bowlen rocking a fur coat and mirror shades, though.
    - John Elway

18. The Following 9 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Looks like Ryans is a popular man. We do have at least a bit of a leg up if he's really our guy, though.

But with his team still in the postseason, Ryans has conducted only two interviews thus far. He has had initial interviews with the Texans and Broncos, postponing interviews with the Colts and Cardinals.

Nick Wagoner of ESPN reports that the Panthers also requested an interview with Ryans, but the sides were unable to work out logistics for an interview during the open window.

As it stands now, per NFL rules, Ryans can have second interviews with the Texans and Broncos next week regardless whether the 49ers win or lose the NFC Championship Game. But for coaches whose team makes the Super Bowl, only second interviews can take place next week, Jan. 30 to Feb. 5.

The Panthers, Colts and Cardinals can’t talk to Ryans until the day after the Super Bowl if the 49ers beat the Eagles in the NFC Championship Game.
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...week/#comments
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Dogfish

Quote Originally Posted by Helios View Post
    We're a consistent 5-7 win team even with upper tier coaches like Munchak at the OL. The only difference it made was to an already talented player like Bolles. We put in trash along the rest of the OL and Munchak didn't turn that into a good OL.

We already tried different schemes from power/combo blocks and even outside zone.

Any other ideas before we finally try to bring in some real OL talent?
    You had one good offense coach. Maybe try a real head coach that isn’t total asss and a slew of real assistant coaches?
    If you get Payton he’s here for more than one draft cycle; what’s stopping him and Denver from drafting o-line now and then?

Exactly. One first round pick ain’t that damaging; if it costs a ton that’s a different story.

21. The Following User High Fived King87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I wonder if Ryans would prefer the Texans job

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Klis throwing water on that report.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information