Page 16 of 116 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast

Thread: the Head Coach candidates thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Florio is pushing Derell Bevel very hard.
    Any time guys are being pushed by media personalities, usually it means that they are a leaker. My guess is Bevell leaked a lot of stuff about Urban Meyer last year to PFT and other outlets so expect for his name to come up a lot.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

I’ll say this again. If this team doesn’t start a complete rebuild right now, we are in for a long time of losing. No more of this patchwork re-sets. Denver is nowhere close to being a contender. RW’s contract will hamper the team from acquiring good talent till at least 2026. Wilson is also no longer a top tier QB. Blow this whole thing up! The losing culture is so ingrained within the organization, they’ll have to clean house IMO.

The other thing the organization and new HC and staff must do is put RW in his place. Strip him of his “entourage and personal coaches”, and make him get rid of his office. Make him complete for his job like everyone else does.

I have never been so embarrassed by this team. The seven years have been amazingly atrocious! I have a man cave that is dedicated to this team and I actually hated going down there this season. Won’t buy anymore paraphernalia that is Bronco related until this team get back on track.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Yeah. Penner gets a strike for not sending Paton packing.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Ugh
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

8. The Following User High Fived elsid13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jerry Rosburg

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    I’ll say this again. If this team doesn’t start a complete rebuild right now, we are in for a long time of losing. No more of this patchwork re-sets. Denver is nowhere close to being a contender. RW’s contract will hamper the team from acquiring good talent till at least 2026. Wilson is also no longer a top tier QB. Blow this whole thing up! The losing culture is so ingrained within the organization, they’ll have to clean house IMO.

The other thing the organization and new HC and staff must do is put RW in his place. Strip him of his “entourage and personal coaches”, and make him get rid of his office. Make him complete for his job like everyone else does.

I have never been so embarrassed by this team. The seven years have been amazingly atrocious! I have a man cave that is dedicated to this team and I actually hated going down there this season. Won’t buy anymore paraphernalia that is Bronco related until this team get back on track.
    This isn’t the NBA and teams can turn it around very quickly. We are also tied to our highly paid QB for the immediate future. What exactly is there to blow up? We’ve already dumped Von/Chubb and have a very young roster.

10. The Following User High Fived Tbolt For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Yeah. Penner gets a strike for not sending Paton packing.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if that doesn’t happen to after the draft. That way you don’t mess up the scouting and other off seasons preps.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
    This isn’t the NBA and teams can turn it around very quickly. We are also tied to our highly paid QB for the immediate future. What exactly is there to blow up? We’ve already dumped Von/Chubb and have a very young roster.
    I believe he meant the front office & coaching staff. They’ll all part of that losing culture.

Also, what gives us any confidence Penner/Paton heading the HC search? One has zero experience in the NFL, and Paton’s been a flop so far. I get Penner is the SIL of the Waltons and that’s where the cash is? Are we hoping they give Payton a blank check and tell him to fill it out?

13. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

F that and Florio is a hack job as well. No way ownership group goes Bevell over Quinn, Mayo, Ryan's or Steichen. People forget this isn't really gonna be Paton's show. Penner made it clear Paton will help, but its penner's show now. they will want there stamp. Bevell is to shitty of a coach to impress Penner Guaranteed. Russ made Bevell not the other way around......

15. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    F that and Florio is a hack job as well. No way ownership group goes Bevell over Quinn, Mayo, Ryan's or Steichen. People forget this isn't really gonna be Paton's show. Penner made it clear Paton will help, but its penner's show now. they will want there stamp. Bevell is to shitty of a coach to impress Penner Guaranteed. Russ made Bevell not the other way around......
    What’s Penner’s experience in evaluating HC’s? Why should we trust him to get it right?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I believe he meant the front office & coaching staff. They’ll all part of that losing culture.

Also, what gives us any confidence Penner/Paton heading the HC search? One has zero experience in the NFL, and Paton’s been a flop so far. I get Penner is the SIL of the Waltons and that’s where the cash is? Are we hoping they give Payton a blank check and tell him to fill it out?
    You don't pay 4.5 billion to sit back. This will be Penner's call far more then Paton's, to be fair though Paton was high on McConnell(they ranked him 2nd) and Mayo(3rd) even more then Quinn. He chose wrong here but the fact he was high on McConell shows he isn't full stupid. My guess is they will want a guy like Ryans, Mayo or Steichen, with a proven staff around them. Or a vet like Quinn with a upcoming QB coach/OC proven in playcalling. This will not be new coach chose your boys, not even VJ had such a scrub staff as Hackett. I mean going into the season most of us doubted every hire Hackett made with the exception of Evero and keeping the Wr coach. Even the klint call was dubious, turns out we were right about most of it.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

What’s Penner’s experience in evaluating HC’s? Why should we trust him to get it right?
    Why should we not?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Lets not forget we have been embarrassed as a franchise NFL wide. This group didn't pay 4.5 billion to have no shows and be embarrassed all season long. I actually think they are going to be very diligent in this search. Also 4.5 billion made them qualified to decide. It remains to be seen if they are any good at it however.

20. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    Why should we not?
    Don’t blow off the question with a question. Why do you have confidence in Penner to evaluate HCs with Paton when Penner has zero experience and Paton is very questionable? Everyone gets he & the ownership group have the cash. I’m only asking what should make Bronco fans say “yes, we believe in Penner”? It’s not a negative. I’ve just been reading up about him. I also get an individual has to get a start somewhere to gain experience and prove themselves. I’m just not too confident with Paton helping out. I also don’t have an answer who I think would be an excellent GM that’s available.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Don’t blow off the question with a question. Why do you have confidence in Penner to evaluate HCs with Paton when Penner has zero experience and Paton is very questionable? Everyone gets he & the ownership group have the cash. I’m only asking what should make Bronco fans say “yes, we believe in Penner”? It’s not a negative. I’ve just been reading up about him. I also get an individual has to get a start somewhere to gain experience and prove themselves. I’m just not too confident with Paton helping out. I also don’t have an answer who I think would be an excellent GM that’s available.
    I didn't say I did or didn't, I'm willing to let a billionaire ownership group who was just embarrassed have a chance to right the ship. I have issues with Paton coming back myself.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I agree with this:

The Broncos shouldn’t ignore first-time head coaches in next search

Of the seven teams currently in the playoffs in the AFC, five of them are coached by first-time head coaches. Only Andy Reid and Doug Pederson had previous experience. Sean McDermott, Zac Taylor, John Harbaugh, Brandon Staley and Mike McDaniel were all newbies when they got their current gig.

The NFC is similar. In that conference, four of the seven current playoff teams are led by first-time head coaches. Todd Bowles, Mike McCarthy and Ron Rivera had previous stops, but Nick Sirianni, Kevin O’Connell, Kyle Shanahan and Brian Daboll are all on their first stop.
    https://denverfan.com/2102544/the-br...n-next-search/

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information