Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Diet, Exercise, Supplements thread

Not sure why the pics are sideways.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Looking great, GEM. <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

GEM

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Not sure why the pics are sideways.
    I thought it was supposed to be a Mayfair witches levitating sideways kind of look...

You've done just an amazing job and an inspiration to me, and I'm sure others, that have been reading your progress updates.

5. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

<3 !!

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

GEM

Got 6 month blood work done. Outstanding! Got my calcium # down, my glucose is now considered low blood sugar so I have to watch for all the opposite shit than when i started the journey, blood pressure is opposite end of the spectrum and my thyroid tests came out normal. Hell yes!! I love the weight loss part but getting healthy readings is so much more important!

9. The Following 6 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

OK, after two plus years of 23:1 fasting during the week, and something akin to 16:8 on the weekend, and loosing 100lbs, I've fallen off the wagon pretty hard the last five or six weeks about put about 18lbs back on. I know some of that is water from a lot of simple carbs, and will come off, but probably 10-12lbs of it is pure fat. Even though most weekdays I'm still fasting, I've gotten into some really bad snacking habits after dinner and worse on the weekends. Eating some tings I wasn't the previous two plus years. So, it's buckle down time. Think I'll go back to tracking calories on Lose it. Try and make sure my "blow up" days are still only 2200 or so, and my weekdays 800-1200 and weekends around 1500.

Also, going to finally commit to exercise. Between my neck, and then a foot issue, and not always feeling like exercising with such restricted calories, I've done all my weight loss with calorie restriction, rather than exercising (unlike Rockstar Gem who does both). Going to commit to both getting on track eating, and finally getting regular with my exercise.

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Our house backs to a cemetary (gross, I know) but we've been taking walks at night lately. Yesterday was 3.5 miles!

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Our house backs to a cemetary (gross, I know) but we've been taking walks at night lately. Yesterday was 3.5 miles!
    In town, the main cemetery is a big walking spot. Not close enough for me to do it, as I would have to drive 10 minutes to then go walk, but I see a lot of people walking in it.

I keep telling myself to go for walks, but in the summer, it's just miserably hot/humid in the evenings, and for much of the spring/winter/fall, it's often dark by the time I'm done with work and dinner.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I’m weird, I’d love to have a cemetery behind the house. You don’t get quieter neighbors and the walking space is awesome

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I’m weird, I’d love to have a cemetery behind the house. You don’t get quieter neighbors and the walking space is awesome
    The cemetery we back to is the final resting place of my wife's grandpa and grandma. It's also where there's a tribute to the kids and teachers that were killed at Columbine. Sad, but a beautiful display/tribute.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    One more thing: Wife and I decided to take a walk on Sunday morning (we normally go at night after dinner). I was still wearing my PJ's (pants) and thought "we never run into anyone we know...". Low and behold, we ran into someone we know. Wife was totally embarrassed of me.

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    In town, the main cemetery is a big walking spot. Not close enough for me to do it, as I would have to drive 10 minutes to then go walk, but I see a lot of people walking in it.

I keep telling myself to go for walks, but in the summer, it's just miserably hot/humid in the evenings, and for much of the spring/winter/fall, it's often dark by the time I'm done with work and dinner.
    My wife forces me. I told her I need one day a week off.

She was not pleased.

That said, we're lucky to live in Colorado where it's usually cool at night (even in summer months) and practically no humidity.

23. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

GEM

My wife forces me. I told her I need one day a week off.

She was not pleased.

That said, we're lucky to live in Colorado where it's usually cool at night (even in summer months) and practically no humidity.
    Here the humidity is the killer. When it starts to cool down in the evening, humidity sky rockets (will top out at 98-100% most nights), so typically during the summer, it often even feels worse in the evening. So, it might drop from 95 and 45-55% humidity, to 88 and 80% humidity.

I'm just too much of a wimp to enjoy exercising in that. lol

25. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Walking is such an underrated exercise. It played such an instrumental part in my journey. My longest walk was 17.5 miles. 5.5 hours. We are in Winter park this week. Yesterday, I took the gondola up and hiked the top of the ski resort. Friggen beautiful and great inclines.

27. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Didn't have faith that I was going to work out religiously, or know what I'm doing for resistance training, so started working with a trainer via zoom (well technically their video teleconference app, but same idea). Will do two or three mornings a week, depending on my schedule and stuff. Long term, once I'm in better shape and know the basics, I could possibly just do on my own, or use one of the many workout apps out there, but figured short term, this is forcing me to get up and show up several mornings a week.

Doing barely anything and it's already kicking my ass, which highlights how even though I've lost a bunch of weight and can walk extended distances, overall, my fitness level is still very low. After the initial evaluation where he checked out my movement and stuff, I think I've now done three actual workouts with him. Two last week, and one this morning.

29. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information