Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet, Exercise, Supplements thread

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    Well thats cool.

I have always thought it would be fun to do some kind of "challenge" on a board like this. People could post their stats, pics if they wanted, and goals. Set a time frame, and see who had the best results at the end.

I just don't have the means for a "reward" ....
    I would join up with this idea. I'm not sure about posting pics though, because I'm 'shy'.

I would not be able to start until after next weekend though, as I have my hands full with life's 'stuff' right now. Good, good idea.

anybody take NaturBee products?

i take 500mg of fish oil everyday and some red yeast rice... i wake up every morning feeling like i just got laid

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by Jody View Post
    I would join up with this idea. I'm not sure about posting pics though, because I'm 'shy'.

I would not be able to start until after next weekend though, as I have my hands full with life's 'stuff' right now. Good, good idea.
    Well maybe I will get the ball rolling with my own and see how many others might be interested.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I would do it for several reasons.

To show others how easy and simple it can be to do something in order to change your body and health.

Also, its an accountability thing. In the case of exercise, diet, getting healthy..etc. it really helps to have others who can act as an "accountabilty" partner.

I see so many people set out to lose weight, get stronger, get more toned all to see them fail because they were doing it by themselves. The motivation might be there to begin with, but after a few weeks they miss a day. Then two, then a week, and before they know it its a month and they are done.

We don't always have someone we can workout with, diet with, exercise with but that doesn't mean we can't have accountability partners.
    I always found having a partner was more of a distraction and you can't always count on them. Then you miss your workout cause they couldn't make it, they talk to much, if you're lifting together and doing the same thing, you may not use the same weight, etc.,

I like doing my own thing and relying on myself. I believe in getting a workout done at my pace, not somebody else. I get in and get done with no talking. I like a 35 to 45 minute workout and get out. I like a higher intensity, face moving pace for the most part. I hate being bothered when I workout.

There are people I go with at the same time, but I do my thing and they do theirs without much distraction.

Just the way I like it personally.
    Last edited by Bronco9798; 01-27-2008 at 10:38 PM.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    I always found having a partner was more of a distraction and you can't always count on them. Then you miss when your workout cause they couldn't make it, they talk to much, if you're lifting together and doing the same thing, you may not use the same weight, etc.,

I like doing my own thing and relying on myself. I believe in getting a workout done at my pace, not somebody else. I get in and get done with no talking. I like a 35 to 45 minute workout and get out. I like a higher intensity, face moving pace for the most part. I hate being bothered when I workout.

There are people I go with at the same time, but I do my thing and they do theirs without much distraction.

And you call yourself approachable? hmmm? Ha.
    People are a distraction, they hold you up, they talk too much. Gotcha.

Just like teasing you about that is all.

6. The Following User High Fived Jody For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Jody View Post
    And you call yourself approachable? hmmm? Ha.
    People are a distraction, they hold you up, they talk too much. Gotcha.

Just like teasing you about that is all.
    I see the socialites at th gym who say they got a "workout" in cause they were there. Phooey, I watch them and their couple of exercises and think they got a workout in. We have them where I go. Funny thing is they either quit going or they make no gains. I'm there to workout not talk, just me.......
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

8. The Following User High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco9798 View Post
    I always found having a partner was more of a distraction and you can't always count on them. Then you miss your workout cause they couldn't make it, they talk to much, if you're lifting together and doing the same thing, you may not use the same weight, etc.,

I am that same way, but thats really not the type of accoutability I am talking about.

Kind of like support. Obviously we can't all workout together, but we can support each other and help each other out.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Watchthemiddle For This Post:

There are three things that I have found help me to lose weight and feel better. This is not a diet, just three general rules. They are hard to stick to for various reasons, but when I do stick to them everything seems to come together. They are:

· Eat foods with as little processing as possible. Fresh veggies and fruits, meat I prepare and cook myself, thing like that. Processed foods have so much stuff in them that is there solely to extent their shelf life.
    · Always start with a small portion on your plate. If you are still hungry after eating it you can go back for seconds. If I put lot on my plate I tend eat it all.
    · Avoid large blasts of sugar. This one is the hardest for me. That big bowl of ice cream, the large candy bar, a hand full of Hot Tamale candies, any of these blow my control for days.

When I have stuck to these rules consistently I have lost weight, even with out exercise.

12. The Following User High Fived Hobe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by Hobe View Post
    There are three things that I have found help me to lose weight and feel better. This is not a diet, just three general rules. They are hard to stick to for various reasons, but when I do stick to them everything seems to come together. They are:

· Eat foods with as little processing as possible. Fresh veggies and fruits, meat I prepare and cook myself, thing like that. Processed foods have so much stuff in them that is there solely to extent their shelf life.
    · Always start with a small portion on your plate. If you are still hungry after eating it you can go back for seconds. If I put lot on my plate I tend eat it all.
    · Avoid large blasts of sugar. This one is the hardest for me. That big bowl of ice cream, the large candy bar, a hand full of Hot Tamale candies, any of these blow my control for days.

When I have stuck to these rules consistently I have lost weight, even with out exercise.

THose are all good. Leaving a trip to the grocery store with no boxed items or canned items is a good thing.

Good post.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Here is what I run for my football workout in the college offseason.

Stretching
    1/2 Hour Warm up by running

Monday (Arms. Pecks,Shoulders, and neck)

I vary the reps by how much time I have. When I want to press myself I'll do 25 sets of 20.

Bicep Curls at 55 pounds per arm
    Tricep Lifts at 55 poudns per arm
    Bench Press
    Push ups
    Shoulder Curls
    Hindu Push ups
    Pull ups

I put in other arm exercises to mix things up.

Wednesday (Torso)

Sit ups
    Ab Curl machine
    Seal Sit ups
    Fury Sit ups
    Back Bridge (for conditioning)

Friday (Legs)

I throw in extra running toward the end

Leg Press
    Calf Raise
    Squats (no weights)
    Lunges
    Hindu Squats
    Hamstring press
    Squats (w/ weights)

That is a general outline. I do change things around to keep it from getting boring. I also slip in agility training.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived LoyalSoldier For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalSoldier View Post
    Here is what I run for my football workout in the college offseason.

Stretching
    1/2 Hour Warm up by running

Monday (Arms,Shoulders, and neck)

I vary the reps by how much time I have. When I want to press myself I'll do 25 sets of 20.

Bicep Curls at 55 pounds per arm
    Tricep Lifts at 55 poudns per arm
    Bench Press
    Push ups
    Shoulder Curls
    Hindu Push ups
    Pull ups

I put in other arm exercises to mix things up.

Wednesday (Torso)

Sit ups
    Ab Curl machine
    Seal Sit ups
    Fury Sit ups
    Back Bridge (for conditioning)

Friday (Legs)

I throw in extra running toward the end

Leg Press
    Calf Raise
    Squats (no weights)
    Lunges
    Hindu Squats
    Hamstring press
    Squats (w/ weights)

That is a general outline. I do change things around to keep it from getting boring. I also slip in agility training.
    Thats an intense workout.

If you have time once the season starts, I would be interested in your workouts at college and eating schedule.

What kinds of foods you guys eat, are allowed to eat, whats on the training table...etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

Thats an intense workout.

If you have time once the season starts, I would be interested in your workouts at college and eating schedule.

What kinds of foods you guys eat, are allowed to eat, whats on the training table...etc.
    Well I don't know what to expect at WSU, but as for the last few years. Our diet has largely been a mix of about 60/40 protein to good carbs. We weren't allowed to eat a lot of refined sugar so we had tons of fruits. I almost became a banana by the end of last season. Also I can't tell you how many ways I had to find to make Chicken look interesting.

First few days of practice were always brutal because the coach wanted to see who kept in shape. I think this last year we ran a mile to start and then followed that up with typical agility drills. After all that we ran strength and footwork drills. If we couldn't do any of them up to coaches expectations we had to do 55 push ups on the spot. After day 3 the workouts became a normal day of practice which meant the you only half dead.

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalSoldier View Post
    Well I don't know what to expect at WSU, but as for the last few years. Our diet has largely been a mix of about 60/40 protein to good carbs. We weren't allowed to eat a lot of refined sugar so we had tons of fruits. I almost became a banana by the end of last season. Also I can't tell you how many ways I had to find to make Chicken look interesting.

First few days of practice were always brutal because the coach wanted to see who kept in shape. I think this last year we ran a mile to start and then followed that up with typical agility drills. After all that we ran strength and footwork drills. If we couldn't do any of them up to coaches expectations we had to do 55 push ups on the spot. After day 3 the workouts became a normal day of practice which meant the you only half dead.
    Cool...keep us posted if you get a chance.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I really don't have a set routine. I'm doing this right now. I change about every 4 weeks and go to different variations with body parts.

Chest/Triceps
    Incline Bench, 45 degree dips, and dumbell presses
    Pulldowns with a straight bar and then rope, and I incorporate different tricep exercises each session.
    I do push-ups every workout and do incline push-ups.
    10 minutes of interval on treadmill at the end.

Back/Biceps
    Pull ups-Chin-ups. Change grips every set from in close to wide
    Seated row
    Incline curls
    Rope curls
    and either a straight bar or short bar curls
    10 minutes intervals on treadmill

Shoulders/traps
    I'm not big on doing a lot of shoulders since my shoulder surgery and shoulders get enough secondary work almost every workout. I vary my trap excercises with differnt shrug movements.
    10 Intervasl on Treadmill.

I do abs and more intervals on my in between days.
    BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE

20. The Following User High Fived Bronco9798 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

I just finished up a workout called "DC training" or "Doggcrap" training.

If anyone is interested in learning about it visit...
    http://dc-training.blogspot.com/

It takes a lot of reading to understand it and comprehend it. I can say your strength will sky rocket and you can bulk or cut using the program.

I am currently completely changing up my routine from the run of the mil 4-5 day splits.

I am doing a upper and lower body split. Chest, shoulders, back, bi's, and tris.

2 exercises each, 5 sets. minimal rest in between sets (45 sec - 1 min) and increasing the weight per set.

Lower would be leg presses or aquats, leg extensions, leg curls and some kind of step up on a bench or lunges.

Cardio is 3 days a week and HIIT training. A lot like my weight routine..warm up, gradually increase the speed for 4-5 minutes to almost a sprint then drop it back down to a slower pace. Do that for about 4 cycles.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information