Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet, Exercise, Supplements thread

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20221016_143020_sysui.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	20906

11.3 miles walked, 1600 calories! I'm friggen beat!!

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20221016_143020_sysui.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	20906

11.3 miles walked, 1600 calories! I'm friggen beat!!
    You're a friggin rock star!!! Way to go.

Did my first 48 hour fast. Last ate Sunday. Had a salad with a few ounces of pulled pork at around 5:00 and then some cauliflower tortilla chips and guacamole at 6:00. Had dinner tonight a little after 6:30, so a hair over 48 hours.

All I had was water, zero calorie Propel and black coffee during the 48 hours.

In reality, I was less hungry the second day than the first day, and I seriously considered skipping dinner tonight and going for 60 hours and breaking it with breakfast tomorrow, but since I hadn't gone past 41-42 hours before, decided to just go 48 this time and then shoot for 60 another time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Did my first 48 hour fast. Last ate Sunday. Had a salad with a few ounces of pulled pork at around 5:00 and then some cauliflower tortilla chips and guacamole at 6:00. Had dinner tonight a little after 6:30, so a hair over 48 hours.

All I had was water, zero calorie Propel and black coffee during the 48 hours.

In reality, I was less hungry the second day than the first day, and I seriously considered skipping dinner tonight and going for 60 hours and breaking it with breakfast tomorrow, but since I hadn't gone past 41-42 hours before, decided to just go 48 this time and then shoot for 60 another time.
    I'm so afraid of doing this. Afraid that I'll just go ham at the end. Great job, T!! I think the longest I did was about 20 hours.

6. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Down 80 as of this morning!

8. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Walked 13.91 miles yesterday. Hit the gym tonight and did my first circuit of arm machines! Great workout!!

10. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Walked 13.91 miles yesterday. Hit the gym tonight and did my first circuit of arm machines! Great workout!!
    I've been spotty with my workouts. Yesterday I hit my legs a bit and later that night I was dismayed by how tired I felt going up the stairs. Then I remembered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

12. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I've been spotty with my workouts. Yesterday I hit my legs a bit and later that night I was dismayed by how tired I felt going up the stairs. Then I remembered.
    I did 3 miles on the treadmill before the circuit. Pulled the muscle, ligament or tendon that runs behind the knee. Guess doing 12% incline did not make the knee happy. So, circuit training the next few days.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Right before I left for Arizonia to have neck surgery the first week of January, which was pretty much two years to the day that I hit my highest weight ever and said enough is enough, I hit the 100lb down point. In January of '21, I decided something had to change, but also, knowing that it had taken decades to get that out of shape, I was fine with it taking a long time to get in shape. I didn't want to lose a TON of weight in three months, only to gain it all back six months later. It had to be slow and steady, for good this time.

Between the two and a half weeks either in a hospital or sitting in a chair in a hotel room (other than for a couple 30 minute walks a day around a mall next to the hotel -- up to 3-4 miles by the end), I ate too much and not very good, and then came home and continued to eat bad, and put back on 11 pounds, but have taken half of that back off.

So, hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll be back to the 100lb down mark, and then push for the final 25-35lbs I want to lose (will decide on final weight based on how I feel, etc.).

This was a good test for what I was planning once I hit my stable, goal weight, which is to have guard rails of sorts. Just with water gain and the like, moving up or down five pounds, wouldn't concern me, but figured I would treat 10lbs as a Danger Will Robinson, and take action. Since I have the fasting down, I want to make sure I don't ever let myself allow two weeks of eating bad, become two months, becomes six months, becomes years and I'm back where I started.

Biggest issue since I've been home is we've had nearly non-stop snow, ice or rain, and on the days it hasn't, I've been back to long hours of work, and I'm not cleared for anything other than walking at the moment (and I only have an elliptical and semi-recumbent bike). Hoping I'm cleared to get back on the elliptical tomorrow.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Ok, two pounds below where I was when I left for surgery on Jan 6th. Lost the 11 lbs I had gained, plus a couple more.

Hoping to hit my final goal by mid year sometime, Jun/Jul/Aug, which will be about 2.5 years after I said, "enough."

Sloooow, steady and permanent has been my mantra this time.

18. The Following 5 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Ok, two pounds below where I was when I left for surgery on Jan 6th. Lost the 11 lbs I had gained, plus a couple more.

Hoping to hit my final goal by mid year sometime, Jun/Jul/Aug, which will be about 2.5 years after I said, "enough."

Sloooow, steady and permanent has been my mantra this time.
    Yeah the crash diet stuff never works! I went plant based to help my son with his dietary restrictions and a side effect was losing like 2-3 lbs a week for a few months without even knowing it almost 10 years ago now! I've been able to stay in the 180-190 range (at 6'1")during the winter and lower that just by moving a bit more in the Summer because I just built up a routine instead of overcorrecting one way or the other. Good job and keep it up! Sounds like you got the good habit thing down which is HUGE.

Now if my lazy ass could just start running again I could probably lose even more, but I'm comfortable and steady with my health so I'm ok not jacking up my knees again. I do tons of walks with my dogs and play with my kids, perfect workouts for me for now.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Yeah the crash diet stuff never works! I went plant based to help my son with his dietary restrictions and a side effect was losing like 2-3 lbs a week for a few months without even knowing it almost 10 years ago now! I've been able to stay in the 180-190 range (at 6'1")during the winter and lower that just by moving a bit more in the Summer because I just built up a routine instead of overcorrecting one way or the other. Good job and keep it up! Sounds like you got the good habit thing down which is HUGE.

Now if my lazy ass could just start running again I could probably lose even more, but I'm comfortable and steady with my health so I'm ok not jacking up my knees again. I do tons of walks with my dogs and play with my kids, perfect workouts for me for now.
    Wait - you're a vegetarian?

PS - you're clearly not drinking enough beer....

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    Wait - you're a vegetarian?

PS - you're clearly not drinking enough beer....
    I still eat meat occasionally, but the main staples of my diet are all plants! Barley and hops are a plant, btw!

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

My son and I are doing a fitness thing together. A 12-week plan I put together. We begin week 4 on Sunday.

Basically:

running
    Sun - ~60 minute run
    Tues - sprints 10x200m
    Weds - 40 m easy
    Fri - 5k tempo run

lifting

3x week
    3-6 sets

power clean
    deadlift
    squat/leg press
    bench
    pullup

also misc. lifting and cardio like long swims and rowing as time and inclination permits

We took pics on day 1 and body measurements, including calipers for body fat %, weight, and also baseline lifting and running times.

Some of our goals are to hit certain body fat % targets, shoulder and chest size, 1-mile run under 6:00, and sub 20 5k. I like the idea that I could do that at 48.

Each month we run our mile and weigh/measure. Our first one of these is next Saturday.

It's good to get back in shape...I'd probably run faster if I stopped the beer, but I'm not that fired up about all of this nonsense tbh.

But we both ran our 5k tempo run earlier and we are seeing rapid gains. Mine was only 25:42, but it feels good getting back into something remotely like running shape.

I am very grateful that my left knee is permitting all this running activity, I destroyed it at 40.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

25. The Following 5 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post

We have incorporated a lot of plant based protein in our meals.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

27. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information