Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Diet, Exercise, Supplements thread

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Must say...impressive. Good for you.
    Long way to go, but it's really been working for me.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Intermittent fasting helped me. I still do it.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Intermittent fasting helped me. I still do it.
    I started it pre-covid and had done really well. Fell into it not only because a buddy and a few others were doing it, but also because with my work load, 3 or 4 days out of five I was on zooms with Europe when the guys I normally go to lunch, go to lunch.

Was doing really well, lost weight and felt better, and then for a year I worked from home, and more times than not, when my wife texted and said, "do you want lunch?", I said yes.

While when I went back to work, I was almost never going to lunch (afor mentioned zooms), I did get in the habit of having some oatmeal or the like in the morning, but over the last 12+ months, I've gotten back into the mode. At this point, I plan to make it a way of life. Might start going to lunch with come co-workers 1-2 days a week (more for comradery than food), and fast the others.
    Last edited by Tned; 08-20-2022 at 09:43 AM.

Man, Covid kind of threw me for a loop. I've been basically flat on weight loss for a month. I've had very little energy, and blood tests show I'm a little anemic. I'm still fasting, but eating a bit more than usual, as I've had lunch about half the days, or more, which isn't my normal pattern. Only been on elliptical a handful of times in last month.

I'm about 18 months in to deciding enough was enough, and I've lost 60% of my goal (although now I think when I hit that, I might go for a bit more). So, in the grand scheme of things losing a month isn't too bad and I've been looking at this as a long-term journey to getting healthy, but I need to either get energy back or figure out how to push through with no energy.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Seems like it’d be awesome but having a female doctor juggle my nuts around while discussing my upcoming vasectomy was actually pretty uncomfortable. I was concerned about possible arousal
    This.

The doc that did my vasectomy was a dude. We were talking about fantasy football while he was cutting a hole in my satchel. I had so much valium in me at that time, it wouldn't have mattered though.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

9. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

This belongs in the things that suck thread but since we’re discussing preventive medicine I’ll be having a colonoscopy Wednesday. Ugh

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Man, Covid kind of threw me for a loop. I've been basically flat on weight loss for a month. I've had very little energy, and blood tests show I'm a little anemic. I'm still fasting, but eating a bit more than usual, as I've had lunch about half the days, or more, which isn't my normal pattern. Only been on elliptical a handful of times in last month.

I'm about 18 months in to deciding enough was enough, and I've lost 60% of my goal (although now I think when I hit that, I might go for a bit more). So, in the grand scheme of things losing a month isn't too bad and I've been looking at this as a long-term journey to getting healthy, but I need to either get energy back or figure out how to push through with no energy.
    Covid really slowed me down as well. But back on track. Down 54 as of this morning.

I do the 16:8 fast 7 days a week, walk/run 4-5 miles a night and at 3 workouts a week. I eat a high protein diet. I am pretty proud of myself. I dropped my blood pressure from being stage 2 down to normal range. Dropped my diabetes indicator down to 4.7. My blood work came back spectacular last week. Now it's toning time!!
    Last edited by GEM; 08-29-2022 at 11:46 AM.

13. The Following 7 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Covid really slowed me down as well. But back on track. Down 54 as of this morning.

I do the 16:8 fast 7 days a week, walk/run 4-5 miles a night and at 3 workouts a week. I eat a high protein diet. I am pretty proud of myself. I dropped my blood pressure from being stage 2 down to normal range. Dropped my diabetes indicator down to 4.7. My blood work came back spectacular last week. Now it's toning time!!
    Check out this badass!!!!

15. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Wow! That's incredible!
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lunch.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	20745

That's lunch with a protein shake. I used the Sara Lee 45 cal/slice bread, chicken and avocado. 617 calories. I keep calories between 1200-1400 daily.
    Last edited by GEM; 08-29-2022 at 12:46 PM.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Check out this badass!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SR View Post
    Wow! That's incredible!
    Thanks guys! I am stoked with the changes!

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Wonderful...really Awesome!
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

23. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

GEM

This belongs in the things that suck thread but since we’re discussing preventive medicine I’ll be having a colonoscopy Wednesday. Ugh
    Yea, those are fun. Hopefully no polyps or anything that makes a frequent return visit necessary.

25. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Awesome!!! Don't have the exercise as down pat as yours, but can relate to some of the others. I'm down 72lbs, 19lb last year and the rest this year (would have been more, but fell off the wagon the last 6 weeks or so last year over the holidays). As I've lost, been battling low blood pressure, so we've been lowering my ACE inhibitor (BP med) to the point where two weeks ago we just stopped it completely, and I've only had one reading over 120/80. 4.7 on your A1C is great. I'm 5.3, down from 5.5.

Pre Covid, I was doing what I guess you can call a 23/1 four to five days a week, and on the weekends, and maybe once a week, a 16:8. Now, it's more like 2-3 days of 23:1 and the rest 16:8. Going to try and exercise on elliptical tonight.

Given up any weight training until I find out if I'm having neck/back surgery and talk to the surgeon next week. Was feeling pain with too many exercises and figured I needed to be cautious.

Unfortunately, I still have a LONG way to go before I'm in toning territory, but hoping since I've been on this journey for well over a year, that it's approaching long-term lifestyle change and hopefully I don't revert.

27. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lunch.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	20745

That's lunch with a protein shake. I used the Sara Lee 45 cal/slice bread, chicken and avocado. 617 calories. I keep calories between 1200-1400 daily.
    That Sara Lee bread is awesome. That's what my wife buys.

29. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

GEM

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information