Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 66

Thread: Dwayne Haskins demoted to practice squad.

  1. #46

    Default

    I never understood why Haskins rose so high on the draft boards. When I watched his Ohio State games he looked average at best. His accuracy didn’t wow me and he wasn’t very mobile either. He wasn’t terrible by any means but he sure didn’t look like a guy who would light the world on fire in the NFL.

  2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:


  3. #47
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dc
    Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders
    Posts
    9,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I never understood why Haskins rose so high on the draft boards. When I watched his Ohio State games he looked average at best. His accuracy didn’t wow me and he wasn’t very mobile either. He wasn’t terrible by any means but he sure didn’t look like a guy who would light the world on fire in the NFL.
    He was selected in the 1st round because Snyder wanted a local kid that he thought ability to be Washington Face of Franchise. It wasn't because of football but marketing...
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

    They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

  4. #48
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock
    Posts
    76,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I never understood why Haskins rose so high on the draft boards. When I watched his Ohio State games he looked average at best. His accuracy didn’t wow me and he wasn’t very mobile either. He wasn’t terrible by any means but he sure didn’t look like a guy who would light the world on fire in the NFL.
    Yea, he aint that good and neither was Lamar and some of his weaknesses are glaring again this year in terms of his accuracy. But, when it comes to the NFL you can have the most average QB rated pretty high because there just isnt anyone else to compete for that particular position. Lets look at Lynch for instance, he really wasnt supposed to be that high of a prospect and the fact that he was rated so high just shows how weak the QB pool was. This happens every year though where really only 1-2 QBs are worth the actual first couple of round grades.

  5. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    25,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    literally no one with a brain wants rypien over lock. . . jaded, show us on the doll where the bad quarterback touched you. . .




    that doesn't mean i want haskins, either-- he looks like byron leftwich without the guts and leadership. . .
    The overarching point I’m making is how quickly we give up on talented players and how in denial we are with scrubs. What I’m saying about Rypien is a prediction ... from experience ... acquired by living through it before.

    Wait til Lock has 3 Int’s with two more dropped Int’s in a single game, win or lose and against any team, good or bad ... nobody will be talking about how “impressed” they are.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “Look at this ... look at what they make you give”
    “I’m just different!”
    “And I’ll light the way for the ****** mad!”

    Obinna Eze LT. Shaun Wade CB. Eric Stokes CB. Micah Parsons ILB. Dylan Moses ILB. Jayson Oweh OLB. Hamsah Nasirildeen S. Trey Smith G/T. Paulson Adebo CB. Tyler Shelvin NT. Alex Leatherwood LT. Caleb Farley CB. Jackson Carmen LT. Kylin Hill RB. Thayer Munford LT. Hamilcar Rasheed OLB. Cameron McGrone ILB. Daniel Faalele RT.

  6. #50
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock
    Posts
    76,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    The overarching point I’m making is how quickly we give up on talented players and how in denial we are with scrubs. What I’m saying about Rypien is a prediction ... from experience ... acquired by living through it before.

    Wait til Lock has 3 Int’s with two more dropped Int’s in a single game, win or lose and against any team, good or bad ... nobody will be talking about how “impressed” they are.
    I dont think anyone would be impressed with even Elway having a 3 Int game. Lol

    I get your overall point but lets not forget that Lock isnt a "given" in terms of being the future. For all we know he might be just as bad as Rypien when it comes to having a career. Finding a great/HOF QB is very difficult no matter where they were drafted or picked up.

  7. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:


  8. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    25,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I never understood why Haskins rose so high on the draft boards. When I watched his Ohio State games he looked average at best. His accuracy didn’t wow me and he wasn’t very mobile either. He wasn’t terrible by any means but he sure didn’t look like a guy who would light the world on fire in the NFL.
    Talent. Same thing would happen this year if Ohio St doesn’t play a season, Justin Fields will have played one season and will be in the conversation for the 1st QB taken.

    Haskins has that kind of talent, the kind of talent his replacement will never have.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “Look at this ... look at what they make you give”
    “I’m just different!”
    “And I’ll light the way for the ****** mad!”

    Obinna Eze LT. Shaun Wade CB. Eric Stokes CB. Micah Parsons ILB. Dylan Moses ILB. Jayson Oweh OLB. Hamsah Nasirildeen S. Trey Smith G/T. Paulson Adebo CB. Tyler Shelvin NT. Alex Leatherwood LT. Caleb Farley CB. Jackson Carmen LT. Kylin Hill RB. Thayer Munford LT. Hamilcar Rasheed OLB. Cameron McGrone ILB. Daniel Faalele RT.

  9. #52
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    World of Suck.
    Adopted Bronco:
    F’ing John Elway
    Posts
    25,074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I dont think anyone would be impressed with even Elway having a 3 Int game. Lol

    I get your overall point but lets not forget that Lock isnt a "given" in terms of being the future. For all we know he might be just as bad as Rypien when it comes to having a career. Finding a great/HOF QB is very difficult no matter where they were drafted or picked up.
    Yeah that is omnipresent for me, it gets ugly if he’s not the QBotF. Dude has all the talent you could ask for, which is why we’ll start screaming for Rypien before long.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “Look at this ... look at what they make you give”
    “I’m just different!”
    “And I’ll light the way for the ****** mad!”

    Obinna Eze LT. Shaun Wade CB. Eric Stokes CB. Micah Parsons ILB. Dylan Moses ILB. Jayson Oweh OLB. Hamsah Nasirildeen S. Trey Smith G/T. Paulson Adebo CB. Tyler Shelvin NT. Alex Leatherwood LT. Caleb Farley CB. Jackson Carmen LT. Kylin Hill RB. Thayer Munford LT. Hamilcar Rasheed OLB. Cameron McGrone ILB. Daniel Faalele RT.

  10. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay
    Posts
    9,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I dont think anyone would be impressed with even Elway having a 3 Int game. Lol

    I get your overall point but lets not forget that Lock isnt a "given" in terms of being the future. For all we know he might be just as bad as Rypien when it comes to having a career. Finding a great/HOF QB is very difficult no matter where they were drafted or picked up.
    Elway threw 3 or more picks 17 times during regular season games https://www.pro-football-reference.c...aJo00/gamelog/, and 1 time during a SB https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../gamelog/post/
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

    https://aacphoenix.com/

  11. #54
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock
    Posts
    76,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Elway threw 3 or more picks 17 times during regular season games https://www.pro-football-reference.c...aJo00/gamelog/, and 1 time during a SB https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../gamelog/post/
    Im aware. No one was happy about it that is for sure.

  12. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay
    Posts
    9,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Im aware. No one was happy about it that is for sure.
    I'm not happy either, but having watched Elway's trainwreck of a rookie season as it happened, I'm literally the last 1 on this site to send anyone to the guillotine.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

    https://aacphoenix.com/

  13. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen
    Posts
    95,754

    Default

    Let’s be very clear, Elway’s first year did happen. But, Elway was the greatest prospect to ever come out of college at that point, and he arguably still is.

    Haskins is not in that league. He’s not even close. He does not have that talent.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

  14. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:


  15. #57
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock
    Posts
    76,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I'm not happy either, but having watched Elway's trainwreck of a rookie season as it happened, I'm literally the last 1 on this site to send anyone to the guillotine.
    I dont think anyone is sending Lock to the guillotine.

  16. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay
    Posts
    9,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Let’s be very clear, Elway’s first year did happen. But, Elway was the greatest prospect to ever come out of college at that point, and he arguably still is.

    Haskins is not in that league. He’s not even close. He does not have that talent.
    I know this thread is about Haskins, but the post I was responding to was about Rypien. As someone whose most likely to be a career backup, he doesn't have to be Elway, he just needs to be good enough to keep the boat afloat when called upon during emergencies.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

    https://aacphoenix.com/

  17. #59
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock
    Posts
    76,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I know this thread is about Haskins, but the post I was responding to was about Rypien. As someone whose most likely to be a career backup, he doesn't have to be Elway, he just needs to be good enough to keep the boat afloat when called upon during emergencies.
    Jaded disagrees with you.

  18. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay
    Posts
    9,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Jaded disagrees with you.
    Jaded disagrees with almost everyone on almost everything
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

    https://aacphoenix.com/

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 64
    Last Post: 04-02-2019, 04:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group