Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Dwayne Haskins demoted to practice squad.

I never understood why Haskins rose so high on the draft boards. When I watched his Ohio State games he looked average at best. His accuracy didn’t wow me and he wasn’t very mobile either. He wasn’t terrible by any means but he sure didn’t look like a guy who would light the world on fire in the NFL.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I never understood why Haskins rose so high on the draft boards. When I watched his Ohio State games he looked average at best. His accuracy didn’t wow me and he wasn’t very mobile either. He wasn’t terrible by any means but he sure didn’t look like a guy who would light the world on fire in the NFL.
    He was selected in the 1st round because Snyder wanted a local kid that he thought ability to be Washington Face of Franchise. It wasn't because of football but marketing...
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yea, he aint that good and neither was Lamar and some of his weaknesses are glaring again this year in terms of his accuracy. But, when it comes to the NFL you can have the most average QB rated pretty high because there just isnt anyone else to compete for that particular position. Lets look at Lynch for instance, he really wasnt supposed to be that high of a prospect and the fact that he was rated so high just shows how weak the QB pool was. This happens every year though where really only 1-2 QBs are worth the actual first couple of round grades.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    literally no one with a brain wants rypien over lock. . . jaded, show us on the doll where the bad quarterback touched you. . .

that doesn't mean i want haskins, either-- he looks like byron leftwich without the guts and leadership. . .
    The overarching point I’m making is how quickly we give up on talented players and how in denial we are with scrubs. What I’m saying about Rypien is a prediction ... from experience ... acquired by living through it before.

Wait til Lock has 3 Int’s with two more dropped Int’s in a single game, win or lose and against any team, good or bad ... nobody will be talking about how “impressed” they are.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    The overarching point I’m making is how quickly we give up on talented players and how in denial we are with scrubs. What I’m saying about Rypien is a prediction ... from experience ... acquired by living through it before.

Wait til Lock has 3 Int’s with two more dropped Int’s in a single game, win or lose and against any team, good or bad ... nobody will be talking about how “impressed” they are.
    I dont think anyone would be impressed with even Elway having a 3 Int game. Lol

I get your overall point but lets not forget that Lock isnt a "given" in terms of being the future. For all we know he might be just as bad as Rypien when it comes to having a career. Finding a great/HOF QB is very difficult no matter where they were drafted or picked up.

7. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Talent. Same thing would happen this year if Ohio St doesn’t play a season, Justin Fields will have played one season and will be in the conversation for the 1st QB taken.

Haskins has that kind of talent, the kind of talent his replacement will never have.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post

I get your overall point but lets not forget that Lock isnt a "given" in terms of being the future. For all we know he might be just as bad as Rypien when it comes to having a career. Finding a great/HOF QB is very difficult no matter where they were drafted or picked up.
    Yeah that is omnipresent for me, it gets ugly if he’s not the QBotF. Dude has all the talent you could ask for, which is why we’ll start screaming for Rypien before long.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Elway threw 3 or more picks 17 times during regular season games https://www.pro-football-reference.c...aJo00/gamelog/, and 1 time during a SB https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../gamelog/post/
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Elway threw 3 or more picks 17 times during regular season games https://www.pro-football-reference.c...aJo00/gamelog/, and 1 time during a SB https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../gamelog/post/
    Im aware. No one was happy about it that is for sure.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Im aware. No one was happy about it that is for sure.
    I'm not happy either, but having watched Elway's trainwreck of a rookie season as it happened, I'm literally the last 1 on this site to send anyone to the guillotine.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Let’s be very clear, Elway’s first year did happen. But, Elway was the greatest prospect to ever come out of college at that point, and he arguably still is.

Haskins is not in that league. He’s not even close. He does not have that talent.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I'm not happy either, but having watched Elway's trainwreck of a rookie season as it happened, I'm literally the last 1 on this site to send anyone to the guillotine.
    I dont think anyone is sending Lock to the guillotine.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Let’s be very clear, Elway’s first year did happen. But, Elway was the greatest prospect to ever come out of college at that point, and he arguably still is.

Haskins is not in that league. He’s not even close. He does not have that talent.
    I know this thread is about Haskins, but the post I was responding to was about Rypien. As someone whose most likely to be a career backup, he doesn't have to be Elway, he just needs to be good enough to keep the boat afloat when called upon during emergencies.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I know this thread is about Haskins, but the post I was responding to was about Rypien. As someone whose most likely to be a career backup, he doesn't have to be Elway, he just needs to be good enough to keep the boat afloat when called upon during emergencies.
    Jaded disagrees with you.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Jaded disagrees with you.
    Jaded disagrees with almost everyone on almost everything

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information