Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Texans Fire Bill O’Brien

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I don’t know what straw man means but I do know Tebow did not have NFL talent, he was big and had “It”, so does Tony Robbins.

There’s many issues with his mechanics, we can talk all day about footwork and where that aspect is headed in the NFL but throwing motion was always his biggest issue. That, and just not being smart enough. He didn’t miss receivers by 5 yards in college because there wasn’t a defender close enough to challenge his “confidence “, Urb didn’t bother with his mechanics because Urb didn’t care about developing him as an NFL prospect.

They had to fix his throwing motion, he made Hedeo Nomo look like Dan Marino, which was a catch 22 because he had to put everything he had into his throws because of marginal velocity. Bucket throws and underneath prevent were his bread and butter, throws that are safe (barf) and don’t require requisite NFL Starting QB skills.

You argue that tinkering with his mechanics doomed him but once the game started and live bullets fly he reverted back to his muscle memory, it was always the same ugly shitshow between whistles. And he still couldn’t hit the broad side of an ocean. In the NFL He never, ever looked any different from his college days when he could get away with it.

So what’d the Broncos do? They designed a “scheme “ around what he could do, at least they gave him a shot (that he didn’t earn), the other teams he played for almost literally had no football use for him.

Btw, even if you’re right and coaching ruined his pro career, the NFL now and back then won’t waste their time on such a deeply flawed prospect. Just ask Jeff Driskel, he had 2 bad quarters. Does anyone Else remember how long Tebow held on to the ball? I do and it was more than enough for the modern day Broncos to move on.

As for the “Broncos are jealous” , sorry but that was a prime example of the backlash (Including but not limited to) the Broncos got for doing exactly what you said teams should have done for Tebow, build on what he can do. So if a team gets ridiculed and scapegoated for trying to develop the kid ... why bother?

Personally, I think Tebow got far more opportunities than Dwayne Haskins.
    Haskins is far from done in the NFL and far from having opportunities. Lol

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Haskins is far from done in the NFL and far from having opportunities. Lol
    I didn’t say he was done, I said the Football Team has already given up on him.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I didn’t say he was done, I said the Football Team has already given up on him.
    If he is done in Washington than i think its just the new coach wants his own guy ala like Kingsbury in Arizona. Maybe Haskins doesnt fit what Riveria wants to do i dont know.

Former Cheatriot coaches are a shitshow, not even close to being worth the gamble.
    Especially if the team gives them control over player personnel decisions.
    Too bad she doesn't cheer for the Patriots dressed like this

5. The Following User High Fived MNPatsFan For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information