Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Gameday Thread: Broncos vs Jets 10/01/20

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    You're a dirty man, HP! I bet that comes in handy from time to time with the missus.
    I just couldn’t help it. You left it wide open. Too many years in the military... you know how it is.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    So, my thoughts on Rypien. Well, he’s decently accurate... and that’s where it really ends. He doesn’t have any zip on his passes and once the Jets figured it out they picked him twice. Also, for a smaller QB who doesn’t have the best arm, he is a pocket passer and doesn’t really have the mobility to make things happen once the pocket collapses. Both late Ints, he had lanes to escape the pocket and buy time and instead he chose to throw a prayer into triple coverage. The second one he actually double pumped and the. Threw late to the outside... flipping terrible.

Essentially, he’s Case Keesum with less mobility but a little more accuracy. In short, I just don’t think he’s the future of this franchise. He picked a great game to get his first start (got to play the worst team in the league who couldn’t capitalize on his 3 ints). If he gets the nod next week I highly doubt he does any better.
    He might be a decent #2 if he can clean up the boneheaded decisions. That's the real value of his exposure. He might make an NFL career out of this thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So, my thoughts on Rypien. Well, he’s decently accurate... and that’s where it really ends. He doesn’t have any zip on his passes and once the Jets figured it out they picked him twice. Also, for a smaller QB who doesn’t have the best arm, he is a pocket passer and doesn’t really have the mobility to make things happen once the pocket collapses. Both late Ints, he had lanes to escape the pocket and buy time and instead he chose to throw a prayer into triple coverage. The second one he actually double pumped and the. Threw late to the outside... flipping terrible.

Essentially, he’s Case Keesum with less mobility but a little more accuracy. In short, I just don’t think he’s the future of this franchise. He picked a great game to get his first start (got to play the worst team in the league who couldn’t capitalize on his 3 ints). If he gets the nod next week I highly doubt he does any better.
    Chad Pennington comes to mind.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

He might be a decent #2 if he can clean up the boneheaded decisions.
    I think he’s an NFL backup.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I just couldn’t help it. You left it wide open. Too many years in the military... you know how it is.
    Yeah, I might have left it flappin out there on account of missing the proverbial barracks humor.

We had a collection receptacle for cash when anyone said one of a plethora of words (the most often violated was box). lmao the most often violated was box. It was overflowing with bills and change.

We gave it to orphans.

Anyways. You'd think there would be some maturity when you raise the stakes that high, but it just got worse times 100.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

8. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Chad Pennington comes to mind.
    That's a flattering comp--wasn't Pennington a top 5 draft pick? I thought Pennington didn't have that much velocity but had a good overall game, but then never really came back from his shoulder injury.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

That's a flattering comp--wasn't Pennington a top 5 draft pick? I thought Pennington didn't have that much velocity but had a good overall game, but then never really came back from his shoulder injury.
    Pennington was a scrub before the injury, marginal NFL talent, that’s not flattering.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Gase by extension too. Absolutely ridiculous ending to a game. No place for that in the NFL. Fangio made the right call by getting as many of his players the hell out of there as he could.
    OK, but whose idiot decision was it to send Rypien back to pass twice on fourth down to run out the clock? Was that Fangio or Shurmur? Whichever one needs to have their ass kicked.

Two words: POOCH KICK.

Like him or hate him, Rypien is your QB for the next few weeks (unless you still think Blake Bortles is NFL caliber). It makes no sense to get him killed on two wasted plays at the very end. Get the holder or the backup QB or someone to just pop the ball and watch it roll. Even if the time doesn't completely run out, you've got a nine point lead and your QB isn't getting clobbered.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    OK, but whose idiot decision was it to send Rypien back to pass twice on fourth down to run out the clock? Was that Fangio or Shurmur? Whichever one needs to have their ass kicked.

Like him or hate him, Rypien is your QB for the next few weeks (unless you still think Blake Bortles is NFL caliber). It makes no sense to get him killed on two wasted plays at the very end. Get the holder or the backup QB or someone to just pop the ball and watch it roll. Even if the time doesn't completely run out, you've got a nine point lead and your QB isn't getting clobbered.
    They wanted to run up the score on Gase. I can dig it.

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post

Why I think Rypien is NFL caliber and Bortles is not?
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Willie Green, from the SB days, is a good comp for Tim Patrick.
    “I’m just different!”

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

16. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	120702779_2265370220274379_2455292417895809353_o.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	87.1 KB 
ID:	17848

18. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I think he’s an NFL backup.
    Or worse.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Rypien threw a few picks but he had some good moments in an up and down game with everything against him. Good for him.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I was impressed with the defense again this week. Outside of the Jet’s first drive where that ridiculous scramble by Darnold and lack of tackling by guys who are paid to do just that, the Jets kicked FGs all night. Their only other TD came on that horrid pick six. It always seemed like there was one play by the Jets (or the officials) each drive to just get them into FG range and their kicker was money, like McManus was, last night. I’m not complaining about the refs, we got our fair share of calls that kept us in drives, too, but that PI on OJ was horseshit. I feel bad for OJ because he’s playing his ass off and seems to get picked on with a ticky tack call every week. He, Bausby, and Callahan balled out last night.

The defense never quit and I appreciate that. I also thought Dotson was a marked improvement over Wilkinson, but it was the Jets so we’ll see how that goes. I don’t know if it’s Cushenberry and his rookie learning curve but has anyone noticed that Risner is kinda playing like dogshit this year? He gets beaten in the running game and passing game this year way more than he did last year. If it’s Cush missing assignments or bad line checks I don’t know, but it seems like if it’s not Wilkinson getting beaten, it’s Risner. Like I said, it could be missed assignments by a rookie Center, but it always seems like if it’s not Wilkinson it’s Risner standing there staring back at the freshly sacked QB or freshly stuffed RB. Dotson seemed to play okay although on both second half ints, he was the guy that got pushed back into Rypien.

Honestly, I can’t complain about Bolles. Dude has been solid. He even held back his mongo and didn’t retaliate when he took that cheap shot early in the game that drew a flag. Previously, he’s the one getting flagged for retaliation and it would’ve been offsetting. Gotta give mongo props. He’s playing well so far.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information