Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: One more Injury: Wilkinson to IR

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Being a trophy husband is hard.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I honestly think this Jets game might end up 6-3 or maybe even 10-7 with one side scoring a STs or defensive TD. Case Rypien will be hailed as a hero if we win (and he doesn’t get injured or throw more than 2 picks) and it will push the scrub fan club (you know everyone who loved Orton, TS and Keesum) into a frenzy as to why he could be our QBOTF. I can’t wait...

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

4. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I honestly think this Jets game might end up 6-3 or maybe even 10-7 with one side scoring a STs or defensive TD. Case Rypien will be hailed as a hero if we win (and he doesn’t get injured or throw more than 2 picks) and it will push the scrub fan club (you know everyone who loved Orton, TS and Keesum) into a frenzy as to why he could be our QBOTF. I can’t wait...
    That's the spirit!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

6. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

So, I see this game as extreme, but I can’t figure out which way it’s gonna go.

Is it no scoring pathetic offense, or crazy shootout, defenses are tired Thursday night game?

I don’t think it’s in between.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    So, I see this game as extreme, but I can’t figure out which way it’s gonna go.

Is it no scoring pathetic offense, or crazy shootout, defenses are tired Thursday night game?

I don’t think it’s in between.
    It looks like you've covered all the bases. Well done!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    It looks like you've covered all the bases. Well done!
    Not if it’s 21-17.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Why did it take an injury to get him out of the line up?
    Because until this week they didn't have a backup. This was Elway's fault of course. He obviously should have drafted a T because even before the virus, you couldn't possibly count on Ju'Wuan James to be available. He didn't play last year, so why would they assume he could play this year?

"We made him the highest paid RT in the NFL! We have to get our money's worth!"

Except that they were never going to get their money's worth out of James. That was never going to happen.

This is an endless repetition of mistake, denial, refusal to admit mistake, refusal to take corrective action, mistake gets worse, more denial and finally shrugging of shoulders and blame shifting and excuse making. And a 4-12 or 3-13 season.

If anybody scores on special teams that will decide the game. I expect a lot of FGs, and maybe 1 TD between the two teams.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Because until this week they didn't have a backup. This was Elway's fault of course. He obviously should have drafted a T because even before the virus, you couldn't possibly count on Ju'Wuan James to be available. He didn't play last year, so why would they assume he could play this year?

Except that they were never going to get their money's worth out of James. That was never going to happen.

This is an endless repetition of mistake, denial, refusal to admit mistake, refusal to take corrective action, mistake gets worse, more denial and finally shrugging of shoulders and blame shifting and excuse making. And a 4-12 or 3-13 season.
    You don't think they got good value in the Ju'Wuan James contract?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

They didn't have a backup before this week?

Have you ever been a participant in a presidential debate?

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

James will 99% be on the roster next year, too much financial at stake for James to not come back or for the Broncos to cut him. Wilk should never line up at tackle again. Under VJ, Wilk looked alright at guard.

16. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I believe James guarantee is first two years and can be released with minimal penalty?
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I believe James guarantee is first two years and can be released with minimal penalty?
    His dead cap is $19 million next year. His COVID opt-out changed everything. His 2022 dead cap is $6M.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    His dead cap is $19 million next year. His COVID opt-out changed everything. His 2022 dead cap is $6M.
    Oh great!
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Oh great!
    Honestly might be a good thing for him. He got injured early last year, got pushed into returning to the field, and seemed like he got talked out of surgery even though he wanted to. An extra year to get his knee healthy might be good for both him and the Broncos investment if he manages to turn his career around. Realistically, he was going to come out and play horribly, but a year off might do his knee some good.

22. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information