Page 59 of 80 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Draft Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by kenoy28 View Post
    Broncos have talked about trading up with the Falcons for Trey Lance or Justin Fields

"Paton would be able to draft Fields or Lance (but not Jones) if they surrendered 2021’s No. 1, a third-round pick and ‘22’s No. 1, while receiving ‘21’s No. 4 and a fifth-round pick (Atlanta has three) in return"

https://www.milehighreport.com/2021/...-justin-fields

I love that all these "insiders" and "sources" are constantly contradicting each other. It means Patton is keeping things tight. No one has any clue what we are going to do, and it's going to make the draft that much more fun.

Unless we draft Mac Jones
    Liar season

2. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

everyone is making calls right now. . .

“It’s really just starting to pick up in terms of [calls],” Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones told 105.3 The Fan on Monday morning. “I’m sure up at the top it’s hot because . . . we’ve already seen one trade been made [by the 49ers to move up to third overall]. But probably where we sit, we’re starting to get a few calls, and I think it will only pick up as we get closer to next Thursday. It will only pick up. They finally give you the call, ‘Hey, if our guy’s there, we’d be interested in moving up to the pick’ and maybe even want to fill out a few things like what would it take and those type of things. So, you start to get yourself in a mode where you’re prepared that a particular team could call if their player, whether it’s a quarterback or an offensive lineman or a defensive player. They won’t divulge that usually, which shouldn’t surprise you, but they do say, ‘Hey, we’ve got a player, two, or three, that if they’re there, we might be willing to be aggressive and give you something to move up to that pick.'”
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...hoice/#respond
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

That Woody Page article has been basically called wrong by both Albright and Andrew Mason. Supposedly, the Broncos haven’t called Atlanta. I think if you read the article Woody never actually says the Broncos have called, just a more of what he thinks it would take to get to #4. The title does say it and I think the title is wrong. Who knows. We’ll know next Thursday I guess.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    he looks like a serious talent, for sure. . . if he happens to be there @ 9 and we take him, i ain't gonna be mad about it. . . i'd still rather add a blue chip talent like sewell or parsons, though-- my preference would be getting one of them if we can, or trading back. . . i still think we should make a legit effort to develop lock-- and if shurmur can't do it, i don't love the idea of giving him another draft pick to muck up, or forcing yet another young QB to learn multiple systems his first couple of years in the league. . . i'm fairly convinced that the smartest plan is to see what happens with drew this year, then start over with a new HC / OC combo along with a rookie QB next year if it doesn't work out. . .

honestly, i'm almost half serious saying this-- if they do draft fields (or lance), they may as well just get it over with, bite the bullet, and fire fangio now. . . go get brian daboll (or joe brady, or leftwich) as HC, and see if you can get doug pederson as assistant HC/offense for a year or two. . . you could keep donatell as the DC to keep some continuity on that side of the ball-- might even be able to bring fangio back after he gets over the butthurt, because no one else is giving him a head coaching job. . . i'm just pretty much dead set against spending a high pick on a QB, then putting him on our retarded-ass OC merry-go-round. . .
    You’re overthinking this
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Pretty good article that pulls back the curtain a little on the draft process so far.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dre'mont Jones

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    That Woody Page article has been basically called wrong by both Albright and Andrew Mason. Supposedly, the Broncos haven’t called Atlanta. I think if you read the article Woody never actually says the Broncos have called, just a more of what he thinks it would take to get to #4. The title does say it and I think the title is wrong. Who knows. We’ll know next Thursday I guess.
    Well, I would hope he at least made a call to check on what they would need to give up. Does Andrew Mason actually have inside sources? That podcast he is on sounds like it’s produced by 3rd graders.

9. The Following User High Fived kenoy28 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by kenoy28 View Post
    Well, I would hope he at least made a call to check on what they would need to give up. Does Andrew Mason actually have inside sources? That podcast he is on sounds like it’s produced by 3rd graders.
    I bet we didn’t call Atlanta. I bet they were the team that called us about moving down to 9. Either way, this time of year, everyone with a Twitter account is an “insider” with all these “sources” and really, nobody is.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    he looks like a serious talent, for sure. . . if he happens to be there @ 9 and we take him, i ain't gonna be mad about it. . . i'd still rather add a blue chip talent like sewell or parsons, though-- my preference would be getting one of them if we can, or trading back. . . i still think we should make a legit effort to develop lock-- and if shurmur can't do it, i don't love the idea of giving him another draft pick to muck up, or forcing yet another young QB to learn multiple systems his first couple of years in the league. . . i'm fairly convinced that the smartest plan is to see what happens with drew this year, then start over with a new HC / OC combo along with a rookie QB next year if it doesn't work out. . .

honestly, i'm almost half serious saying this-- if they do draft fields (or lance), they may as well just get it over with, bite the bullet, and fire fangio now. . . go get brian daboll (or joe brady, or leftwich) as HC, and see if you can get doug pederson as assistant HC/offense for a year or two. . . you could keep donatell as the DC to keep some continuity on that side of the ball-- might even be able to bring fangio back after he gets over the butthurt, because no one else is giving him a head coaching job. . . i'm just pretty much dead set against spending a high pick on a QB, then putting him on our retarded-ass OC merry-go-round. . .

Big time facts!!!!
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

13. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT you will be missed

I love this time of year. I still fully believe we are drafting a T, CB or LB at 9 or trading back. I see Mac Jones as the only possible QB available at 9 and we will be offered something to trade back if he somehow is there as well. I Think Jacksonville, NY, San Fran and Atlanta are all taking the top QB's leaving Mac Jones. I think if fields or Lance ends up at 9 miraculously, we will seriously consider that, but its just not happening this draft. New regimes mean New QB's and San Fran wants a QB badly as well. Its a wrap for 4 of the top 5 will being gone by 9. It would be a massive upset if it was any other QB besides Jones making it out of the top 5.
    Denver's 2024 George Paton Draft/FA plan

Draft
    RD1- TE Brock Bowers, GA
    RD3- QB Spencer Rattler, SC
    RD4- CB Josh Newton, TCU
    RD5- S Reggie Pearson, OK
    RD5- C Michael Jurgens, Wake Forest
    RD6- K Jonah Dalmas, Boise St

FA
    1. With what money

15. The Following User High Fived Elevation inc For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Elevation inc View Post
    I love this time of year. I still fully believe we are drafting a T, CB or LB at 9 or trading back. I see Mac Jones as the only possible QB available at 9 and we will be offered something to trade back if he somehow is there as well. I Think Jacksonville, NY, San Fran and Atlanta are all taking the top QB's leaving Mac Jones. I think if fields or Lance ends up at 9 miraculously, we will seriously consider that, but its just not happening this draft. New regimes mean New QB's and San Fran wants a QB badly as well. Its a wrap for 4 of the top 5 will being gone by 9. It would be a massive upset if it was any other QB besides Jones making it out of the top 5.
    I would argue that the only way 4 QB's go in the top 5 is if Atlanta trades back with someone. I just don't see where it makes sense for them to draft and stash a QB for 2-3 years considering how many holes they have on that team. Fixing the defense and the OL has to be a priority...especially for a new coach and GM. Because if they continue to lose with Ryan for the next 2-3 years, they won't be there to see the young guy do anything.

That said, I'm not so sure that teams are willing to give up the capital necessary to move up to 4 if guys like Lance and Jones are what is left. I say that because I find it hard to believe that SF moved up 9 spots for Mac Jones. Lynch and Shanny are more prudent than that. I think they go Fields and I can't find a team silly enough to mortgage prime future draft picks for Jones or Lance. Just my opinions

17. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

So good stuff on Linebacker here.

It all about the ability to play in the sub package (4-2 nickle) That why I think JOK is better fit then Parson (really an edge replacement for Von) for Denver.

"We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Here are some guesses as we sit 9 days out. None of them earth shattering.

I think Shanahan and the 49ers are really taking Mac Jones. I think Adam Schefter tried to put the toothpaste back in the tube once he leaked that with such conviction.

I think Sewell and Pitts are definitely going in the top 6.

Surtain is off the board by the time Dallas picks at 10.

Lance goes before Fields.

Adopted Bronco:

I just can't understand why there is an insistence that Parsons is nothing more than an edge rusher. If we go into 2022 with Parsons and Strnad as the starting off ball LB's...I am very happy. If it's Strnad and JOK (same type of player)...I'm a little more concerned. I agree that ILB's need to be able to cover receivers. That's not a question. But they also need to be able to stack a box, shed a block and get to the QB from time to time. The 220 pound guys can't do that as well.

I just don't see JOK fitting into a Fangio defense unless he is looking for a big safety.

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I just can't understand why there is an insistence that Parsons is nothing more than an edge rusher. If we go into 2022 with Parsons and Strnad as the starting off ball LB's...I am very happy. If it's Strnad and JOK (same type of player)...I'm a little more concerned. I agree that ILB's need to be able to cover receivers. That's not a question. But they also need to be able to stack a box, shed a block and get to the QB from time to time. The 220 pound guys can't do that as well.

I just don't see JOK fitting into a Fangio defense unless he is looking for a big safety.
    It would be AJ and someone. I doubt Strnad see the field unless it is ST.

And I never said Parson was just an edge rusher, but in sub package it makes more sense for him near the line of scrimmage causing havoc then in space covering a RB or TE.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
    It would be AJ and someone. I doubt Strnad see the field unless it is ST.

And I never said Parson was just an edge rusher, but in sub package it makes more sense for him near the line of scrimmage causing havoc then in space covering a RB or TE.
    AJ wont be on this team in 2022..unless we screw something up. And Strnad was getting glowing praise from Fangio and others during training camp before he broke his wrist last year. I don't think it's a stretch to say he gets significant field time this year with a chance to take over a role in 2022...next to Parsons :-)

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information